Jerusalem Reviews

• Feb 10, 2018

Fantastic look at the history and culture of the people of this city, I hope they do a sequel and continue the journey

• Sep 28, 2016

Very good film and documentary with the photography really capturing that special feeling of the city

• Jun 07, 2016

I have an extra ticket for tonight. Let me know if you want to join me.

I have an extra ticket for tonight. Let me know if you want to join me.

• Dec 28, 2015

Interesante documental que narra la historia de Jerusalén, o al-Quds, dependiendo como se mire. Explica de forma breve porque las tres religiones más grandes del planeta (islam, catolicismo y judaismo) se centran en esta pequeña ciudad y todo lo que ha pasado con los monumentos que allí se adoran. Buen resumen con espectaculares imágenes sobre este "fenómeno" de la humanidad.

• Dec 17, 2015

Beautiful, condensed & vivid.

Beautiful, condensed & vivid.

• Dec 07, 2015

Some incredible visuals and educational to boot.

Some incredible visuals and educational to boot.

• Sep 14, 2015

Interesting approach to tell the story. However, I saw it in IMAX and the whole landscape in the film seemed distorted and it just was not the best way to see this film in my opinion. I would love to see it again on a normal flat screen, to experience the cinematography and arial filming in the way that my mind and eyes can appreciate it, rather than have...concave view of the trees in my perifiral vision.

• Jun 24, 2015

Whether you've been to Israel a number of times as I have, or never visited, this is a must see film. Outstanding cinematography, expertly written, thoughtfully engaging and hopeful. Do not miss it.

• May 08, 2015

Having watched this at the California Science Center in Los Angeles, Jerusalem was less of a documentary and more of a flyby view of the area with a focus on three girls that each represent the major religions in the area - Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. A striking feature of the film was that it was very beautiful in its cinematography, whether that be a top shot of the Western Wall to the street view of the different quarters in the city. What I also liked was the exploration of the city from the perspectives of the three girls since they brought their own views of the city and its highlights. That being said, I do understand the accusation that the movie is a bit white-washed due to the fact that they do gloss over the underlying issues concerning Israel. That being said, I did like the cautiously hopeful message at the end of the film - one that wishes for mutual understanding and harmony between the three religions in Israel. Overall, it's a beautiful film that brings an interesting perspective on this iconic city through its storytelling and the three girls leading the audience through their lives.

• Feb 23, 2015

This 'documentary' is not really a documentary. It was more like a highfalutin, candy-coated idea of what Jerusalem ought to be according to the director and not what it is in actuality. It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that Jerusalem isn't just this idealistic presentation that is being spoon-fed to the audience and unfortunately that's all it appears to indicate. I think I was being quite generous giving this two and a half stars.