John Carter Reviews

• 8h ago

A masterpiece! Must see sci-fi. A film with a troubled production history that lost Disney alot of money, however, that money can be seen on the screen in terms of fantastic special effects. The script and acting are top notch as well. Highly recommend this cult classic!

• Dec 04, 2019

Studio destruction....not quite. But a lot of wasted money.

Studio destruction....not quite. But a lot of wasted money.

• Dec 01, 2019

Great, should have had a sequel.

Great, should have had a sequel.

• Nov 29, 2019

It was good!!! And I wish I could see what happens next...

It was good!!! And I wish I could see what happens next...

• Nov 28, 2019

As an action western sci-fi romance mystery period piece twist, John Carter has a little too much story to tell.

• Nov 28, 2019

This picture is so underrated, this is a movie that we go to when we want science fiction at it's best for the whole family. I don't know why this movie wasn't advertised that much.

• Nov 23, 2019

I loved this movie and would watch it again. It's a refreshing combinations of oft-repeated themes with a cool sci-fi/fantasy/ comic-book vibe.

• Oct 27, 2019

John Carter is a fascinating work of science fiction, though the sonics of the Disney-fied soundtrack take away from the matureness of this picture. Just as well, the bigoted undertones that fills a majority of Burrogh's works also detract from this film, but the special effects and the fully fleshed out characters and plot - as well as one of the best action sequences I have ever seen on screen - left me wondering of the suceess that this film would have been bound to have, if it was handled by a different production company.

• Oct 21, 2019

Fantastic Cinematography, compelling story, Fun relatable hero, and the origin of so many adventured inspired stories. And yet, stupid critics, messy Disney campaign and uninspired audiences failed to see the magic behind this Saga that could have both amazing heroes John Carter and Dejah Thoris paving the new old fantasy epic way. Maybe I m too 80's but what an amazing underestimated movie. Let´s hope one day a sequel make it grow into the amazing legacy the book are.

• Oct 21, 2019