John Carter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

John Carter Reviews

July 8, 2017
Once you get over the physics and logistics of the movies premise, you'll really appreciate how good the movie actually is.
½ June 29, 2017
Doesn't hold up 2017
June 26, 2017
Animation was good but the plot was horrible. Not really worth the watch
June 26, 2017
A very underrated film.
June 17, 2017
Great, fun, adventurous sci-fi action move. Really original, and a pleasure. Ignore detractors and just see it.

Wish they would make another one....!
½ June 17, 2017
Disney movie for small children. It could be animated to save money.
June 16, 2017
I thought this movie was awesome. would have been incredible in 3D. its not more far out than Avatar (and they didn't talk about bloody unobtanium the whole time)
June 16, 2017
I liked it. Got a bad wrap because of it's Box Office numbers. Thing is, with foreign sales and bluray/dvd sales, movie didn't do as bad as naysayers say. But Back to the movie, Kitsch is a capable and likeable lead. The story is good, the effects are awesome. Just whole lot of fun. Watch it, you'll probably like it.
½ June 16, 2017
Better than the reviews at the time of release..but than again I've read all of ERB's Barsoom books..a tighter edit and a better ad campaign (they should have called it "John Carter of Mars") and maybe it could have made a tidy profit instead of a loss... The look of the film is fantastic, just as I imagined reading the books..However there is some confusion in going from the Arizona Territory to Barsoom (Mars) the landscapes are simply too close..All the creatures match the descriptions in the novels very closely..fault the film for it's pacing and length, but don't fault the film makers who obviously loved the source material..the respect is shown in every scene.. over all I like it and feel that it will be given a chance again in some years..
June 10, 2017
This movie is bafflingly underrated.
June 2, 2017
This movie is a mister piece, one of the best movies I have ever seen. One thing about this movie is that some of the scenes (like the ending witch took me ten minutes to understand) take some thought to understand what is happening. Though this move did not do well in the box office and as a result Disney never made a sequel. This is too bad because this series would have been amazing and way better than the two Star Wars movies by Disney.
June 1, 2017
The world was unfair to this one. A little confusing on the jargon side. But wouldn't you have a passionate movie than a stupid one? And this movie is anything but stupid
May 31, 2017
A disappointment. The changes made to the character of John Carter in comparison to the books really turn him into an uninteresting, unlikable protagonist with no standout qualities or moments. A misstep that will likely spell the end of Carter's onscreen career.
May 27, 2017
Great SciFi action film, with genuine humor. Enjoyable, and much better than a lot of SciFi movies generally have to be. Intriguing story, entertaining action, and pretty stuff to look at. Hoped for a sequel.
May 27, 2017
Underrated! A very fun film!
May 27, 2017
I saw this movie at the cinema and loved it so much that I bought the Blu Ray as soon as it was released. I can't understand why this movie was not a runaway hit. Everyone I know who has seen it has really enjoyed it. Disney should have some faith in their own product and make a sequel before the actors become too old. Burroughs 'Mars' books have so many fantastic locations and scenarios that are just crying out to be put on film. It is a cinematic goldmine, if Disney had the wits to realise it.
May 13, 2017
One of the most imaginative movies of all times
May 1, 2017
Bad Disney movie. Disney needs to stop making action movies.
½ March 28, 2017
Movie was great, it was full of action and has some awesone special effects!
½ March 21, 2017