John Tucker Must Die Reviews

• Mar 25, 2019

The premise is favorable, but its also been there done that. Everything else in between, is a complete train wreck. The plot is muddled, incoherent, and messy. The performances scream misguided and poor; along with the characters, who don't even look close to high school age. Also the laughs don't land at all and the ending is completely incomprehensible. Bringing us a message that doesn't teach us anything is shore to backfire in your face. How the hell to teenage girls like this movie again? This was just awful.

• Mar 19, 2019

It clearly tries to cash in on the success of Mean Girls but it was still amusing. Jesse Metcalfe and Brittany Snow both put in good performances and work well with each other. It was very satisfying seeing John Tucker get revenge served to him at the end and I find many young people can relate with it because everyone once knew someone in high school who was very popular but you know something had to be wrong about them. John Tucker is the Regina George of male teenagers when it comes to being popular and all the bad things he has done but tries to look nice.

• Dec 16, 2017

Not the deepest of movies but it was entertaining enough. The sabotage plot is a bit like Mean Girls, except the target is a guy.

• Apr 17, 2017

I mean, we've all seen something like this before, right? Funny thing is, it's even less fun compared to films they've borrowed from. I just couldn't bear watching the same thing over and over again. But, honestly though, I think it could have been fun if it wasn't that predictable.

• Dec 13, 2016

I really want to seeeeeeeee please please amazing but can find it anywhere but hereeee

• Sep 19, 2016

I have a strange affinity for these high school rom-coms, so I kind of expected I would like John Tucker Must Die more than most people. I think that connection I have with the genre helped me to get some enjoyment out of what is largely a bad movie. The story will be familiar to everyone, because it's not original. It centers around the star of the basketball team who is dating at least 3 girls at the same time, and they all find out about it. Despite what the title implies this just leads them to seek revenge, not through physical violence, but in the form of humiliation and perhaps giving him a taste of his own medicine. I kind of liked the cast, because they all seemed content to fall into their individual stereotypes, which fit the movie well. The biggest flaw in the casting is simply the fact that Brittany Snow is too likable and attractive to be this outcast wallflower that they expect her to be. At the very least put her in thick glasses and give her an ugly outfit, so you get that typical Cinderella transformation when they doll her up in order to attract John Tucker. Aside from that strange choice, most of this movie is paint-by-numbers out of the teen rom-com playbook. I do have to mention one particular scene, where John Tucker is given estrogen. This scene started out hilarious, but then devolved into a horrible parody of femininity. I found myself squirming in my chair thinking "Good grief, this is what the screenwriter thinks women are like?" The finale worked alright, because everyone ends up where you want them to, although I found it odd that they never give any resolution for the 3 ex-girlfriends. John Tucker Must Die is a substandard representation of the genre, so I doubt I'd ever recommend it.

• May 07, 2016

I wished they continued the story farther

I wished they continued the story farther

• Jan 17, 2016

Completely miserable.

Completely miserable.

• Aug 31, 2015

No se deje engañar por el póster y por el nombre: "John Tucker Must Die" no es una película sobre sexo ni sobre un asesinato. Esta es una comedia para preadolescentes acerca de tres chicas que han sido engañadas por John Tucker, el galán de la escuela (interpretado con carisma por Jesse Metcalfe) y quienes convencen a Kate, una estudiante inocente (interpretada con carisma por Brittany Snow) para que las ayude a cobrar venganza. "John Tucker Must Die" es totalmente predecible, con personajes estereotipados, tan inocente como su protagonista y con un aire apestoso a comedia tonta de los 80.

• Aug 10, 2015

Fluffy, unfocused and populated with shallow characters, John Tucker Must Die plays it way too safely with a brainlessly written script that doesn't even have the conviction to take its own spicy storyline seriously.