Jumper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jumper Reviews

July 9, 2016
Critics are full of shit this time. I really liked this movie. The action is fun. The teleportation fantasy is fun. What's not to like?
½ July 8, 2016
Jumper 2008

I loved the film score in this film made by composer John Powell.

I think that Samuel L. Jackson did a great job in the role playing a bad ass villain.

This film did a great job on going to locations all over the world and the concept to the film was great.

What felt like this film felt a little slow or flat came from the way the actor Hayden Christiansen who played Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels.
June 27, 2016
Accents away!  Sigh!  I love the accents of the UK so in this flick Jamie Bell is the winner here.  He's not exactly a good guy or a bad guy.  In fact it's difficult to tell who is the good guy or the bad guy.  Sam Jackson looks weird with his snow white hair.  And this movie made me realize how unattractive Hayden Christensen actually is.  Yucky.  I thought the relationship between David and Mary was wholly underdeveloped and the explanation was thrown at you really quickly.  Like "Oh shit, we forgot to do this!"  I don't know if I would recommend this.
½ June 21, 2016
A long time ago, I liked this movie because it had teleportation and that filled my imagination with lots of wonder. I just rewatched this movie recently and it is absolute GARBAGE! Hayden has one range: creeper Anakin. Bilson's role is nonexistent. They give her nothing, NOTHING, to do but get stared at by Hayden and be all confused. The plot is a MESS. They gave Samuel Jackson stupid, STUPID, hair that takes away all the coolness he demonstrates in other movies. There is nothing in this movie worth seeing. Only the idea is neat, but the opening to X-Men 2 did it better rendering this rotten pile pointless.
½ June 9, 2016
Really cool idea but should have been way better. Started out great and then got out of control.
½ June 9, 2016
Terrible addaptation of a fantastic book
½ June 1, 2016
Jumper delivers the goods, and a great point to sci-fi action thrillers. Good decent story that kerps interested and makes you think what if I can do that ? Great acting by the main characters, and by Samuel L. Jackson as well. Rachel Rilson is hot to see in movies like this. Great action and great special effects that delivered every moment. So for this being something different to come out in this year, and was really hook to the film until the end, I give " Jumper " a B-.
May 27, 2016
While the idea seems brilliant on paper, in a movie, not so much. Also, the fact it didn't have a good story to go with it, characters you did not care about, and very bad-pacing, makes this movie not so great.
April 27, 2016
a great movie its how movie are made
April 24, 2016
AMAZING MOVIE; Made small portion of childhood great
March 26, 2016
After so many bad reviews I went in to this not expecting much but yet again I found myself enjoying it, A pretty good story but the plot is same old stuff, The effects were ok but the ending was very lackluster, Not greatly acted and a few plot holes don't help thing but its run time is short and it's an easy watch but nothing memorable.
March 20, 2016
3/20/2016: Pretty disappointing. The premise was pretty interesting, but execution fell flat.
½ March 13, 2016
I absolutely love the idea of "Jumper" as a concept and potential storyline, but this one wasn't as good as it could have been.
January 27, 2016
There were some good ideas and some decent action but sometimes the story drags and goes nowhere. The visual effects are sometimes a little dated but that doesn't mean I didn't hate the movie. The performances were fine, Hayden Christensen did a lot better of a job than he did with the Star Wars prequels. Its like Hancock meets Bourne Identity.
½ January 20, 2016
wow...where to begin?

"Starring Hayden Christensen as..."

I'M OUT!

...ok, maybe I'll give it a try.

"Also featuring a cameo by Kristen Stewart."

*drops dead*

My least-favorite movie.
January 18, 2016
I'm so happy that Doug Liman went on to make "Edge of Tomorrow". The acting was decent enough and there were some cool little action scenes, but the story is very poor, the characters felt like movie characters and not like actual people.
January 13, 2016
I guess to get more I will have to read the book
January 5, 2016
Entertainment value: it was fun, original, and fantastic!
½ December 30, 2015
Got potential but did not live up to it.
½ December 29, 2015
Poor Hayden Christensen. He really did have the "Final Destination" of acting careers.