K-9 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

K-9 Reviews

August 18, 2016
Detective gets a new partner; a German Shepherd named Jerry Lee in this canine comedy.
February 10, 2016
I would say this is definitely in my top ten buddy cop films where one cop is actually a dog.
October 3, 2015
Hadn't seen this since I was a kid. It's cheesy, but fun. love Belushi in this and the dog is perfect. Worth a watch!
½ September 7, 2015
9/7/2015: a pretty decent movie. Doesn't quite compare to Turner and Hooch, but still had some good funny moments.
½ July 1, 2015
To me it's under-rated and better than Turner & Hooch just because it's not a tear jerker.
½ April 27, 2015
James Belushi stars in the hilarious goofball comedy K-9. Desperate to catch LA's top drug trafficker, reckless detective Michael Dooley requisitions a drug sniffing dog to help him crack the case; but Dooley soon finds that working with the dog isn't as easy as he'd thought. Belushi is incredible funny and does a great job at playing off of Jerry Lee (the German Shepherd who's the real star of the film). But the plot is rather weak, and the characters are mostly one-dimensional stereotypes (especially the villain). Yet the comedy is golden, delivering a lot of laughs. Irresistibly fun, K-9 is an entertaining family film that all ages can enjoy.
½ April 18, 2015
Not worth the investment of an hour 42 minutes.
September 13, 2014
Policial arruma um parceiro cachorro e o mesmo o ajuda a solucionar diversos crimes.... um filme muito engraçado e que no final tem aquele drama pois o cachorro é baleado mas sobrevive!
August 10, 2014
(First and only full viewing - 11/26/2008)
½ May 6, 2014
A cop gets a new partner in the form of a German Shepherd in this predictable buddy comedy.
October 13, 2013
Ihana poliisikoira varasti koko shown! ;) (Suom. Kyttäkaksikko)
July 12, 2013
James Belushi IS excellent in this vintage comedy romp however the main four legged star is barely mentioned on wiki just Jerry Lee as Himself, sadly, but its a nice family film that at the time was slated but has aged well, and is a very enjoyable and warm film.
½ June 3, 2013
Unlike Turner & Hooch, the dog doesn't feel like he's important to the story. There seems to be no good reason for the dog to be in the film. He's there to help sell tickets via a high concept poster and title. The movie doesn't live up to even that weak sitcom-like premise. This is only made watchable because of Belushi.
April 12, 2013
One of the best cop dog movie ever and its funny. This movie is why I fell in love with Germen Shepherds I had one four almost a year I was gonna name him Jerry Lee but ended up naming him Max instead.
½ March 7, 2013
a big fan of this film when younger,always prefered it to turner and hooch. james belushi is great as the cop forced to partner a police dog.some good gags and one liners but it doesnt quite hold up.
½ December 9, 2012
My all time favorite Jim Belushi movie! I can watch this movie over and over again. I still need to watch the sequels but I doubt they are as good as the first was.
½ December 8, 2012
one of the first movies i saw.
December 7, 2012
A not very subtle variation on the buddy picture, this fluff comedy/action story squeaks by on the surprising charm generated by Jim Belushi (About Last Night, Salvador). Belushi plays the typically acerbic loner cop who relentlessly tries.
October 31, 2012
Basically Turner and Hooch, minus the laughs.
October 14, 2012
James Belushi and the 80s, this was at the very end of the 80s mind you and I remember going to the cinema with my friends, sisters and mum as a day out and we all came out loving this movie.

Skip almost 20 years later and I just watched it again for the first time since then on DVD (I got it with parts 2+3 that i've never seen before) since I'm collecting Jim Belushi dvds at the moment.

Did I still enjoy this movie? You bet!

James Belushi really sells the movie here, as great as the dog is, it's Belushi that keeps the movie going, forget about the plot, just enjoy James Belushi and Jerry Lee (the dog) in one of the best buddy cop movies of the 80s and a great James Belushi movie.