K-9 Reviews

• Jan 11, 2020

Saw this movie, K-9, then the movie that used a really similar story, Turner and Hooch. This was better IMO because it was funnier and it had a happier ending. Better story telling without sticking in a plastic emotion at the end.

• Aug 26, 2019

The best Human / Dog buddy movie. The dog doesn't die, and it's truly smarter than it's human partner! Very funny. Watched this movie almost every year since it came out. The sequels aren't as good, but still enjoyable, and always have happy endings, but this first one is a treat. Belushi was having a great time with this movie and it shows (he also adopted several German Shepherds) after working with his partner on this movie. Best dog movie ever made.

• Feb 15, 2019

K-9 is a comedy/action movie. Itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s about a temperamental detective (Jim Belushi as Michael Dooley) who always wants to work alone. In his attempt investigation to capture Lyman, who is a drug dealer, his car was destroyed by people shooting from a helicopter, and he asks the police to give him another one. The officer Brannigan tells to him if he wants another car he must have a couple at work. In the end he chooses a dog called Jerry Lee as a companion, but it doesn't obey Dooley. He has no option because he needs a couple to be able to get a new car. So Dooley and Jerry will have the mission to capture Lyman. K-9 could be the typical/clichï¿ 1/2 1/2 (C) movie of a police/detective who always wants to work alone, that by the destiny, he has to work with a companion who most of the times bothers him and in the end they become friends and capture the villain of the movie. The movie is very predictable and it could be boring if the movie wouldnï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t have a lot funny moments, besides instead of a human companion is a dog the companion of the main character. These things (the funny moments and the dog ï¿ 1/2 1/2" human couple). Despite the neutral/clichï¿ 1/2 1/2 (C) script, the movie is still enjoyable for his funny moments and for the dog, itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s a movie for all the family and if you want to have some laugh-time, you can see this movie.

• Jan 21, 2019

Great nostalgic movie, and real acting going on from great actors, They don't make movies like they used too.

• Jan 01, 2019

Someone else in the house was watching this travesty this morning. It and all its ilk (Turner and Hooch, Top Dog, etc) are a giant slap in the face of real K9 units, who are highly trained professionals on both ends of the leash. K9 Officers have specialized training in handling and controlling what are basically attack dogs with social skills. They must also be willing to make the awful decision to give the order to attack (knowing the dog is capable of taking a life) or to sacrifice the dog if necessary to preserve human life or safety. The dogs must obey instantly and reliably even if it means they must charge into what is clearly a dangerous situation or sit/stay quietly even in the midst of chaos. And like guide/assistance dogs many don't pass the (long, difficult and costly) training, making them a highly-valued resource which wouldn't be entrusted to a regular street cop. All the movie dogs would have flunked out, anyway.

• Oct 12, 2018

We all would agree we would like to see Jim Belush be Officer Dooley again that was an amazing role that he did with the K-9 and still to this day I still laughed my head off watching all three of them movies

• Jul 02, 2018

Not a fun movie for me

Not a fun movie for me

• May 09, 2018

It's K-9, a film about a cop and a dog. Now there's something in comparison to Turner and Hooch, with it's comedic elements with a funny pooch dog and Tom Hanks and a sad ending. OK, I don't wanna be thinking about it again. This one does the same thing and people slammed it for being lacking, lacking some sense of comedy and not being funny. James Belushi as Mike Dooley is out to track down a drug dealer called Lyman but he was set up and now he gets a new partner which is a dog named Jerry Lee. Now what is it with K-9 which looks similar to Turner and Hooch? Well, I don't know. I'll leave you to figure it out for yourself and see what you like better. With what I got with Turner and Hooch and with now what I've got with K-9, I just think it's better than each other. And do I think it's better than with what it is with Turner and Hooch? That's a little trickier. I mean the ending is not sad and thank Christ, I didn't cry at it. But with what I think of it, I do got some of sense of comedy in this movie. James Belushi is funny and I really like it when the dog looks away from Dooley making him not knowing that he is alive, And in many respects, I would almost rather watch this than Turner and Hooch, now that is to say it's not very popular at that time but still lifts up to it's fans. If you like both of them alot more, be their guests. See if K-9 can do you any good and see what you think of it or not.

• Jan 01, 2018

One of my favorite movies....the people who rated this must not like the movie because not enough SEX AND BLOOD! This Movie deserves 99%

• Sep 05, 2017

It's an OK movie for the evening rest.

It's an OK movie for the evening rest.