Killshot - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Killshot Reviews

½ June 9, 2015
Read the book...it was good...I can see Mickey as the Armand (the Blackbird!) but will he talk the same way (with the subtle accent that was in my head?). More importantly will it start above the Toronto landmark we know so well?
Robbanflix
January 1, 2015
Mickey Rourke are back again after his comeback with The Wrestler and have managed quite good with this flick aswell. Its a crime action movie about a hitman with target in sights.. a fairly simple story / movie in the average level i would say. I enjoyed it and can highly recommend it.
½ August 11, 2014
Fortunately Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character has made it a little bit more.
½ July 21, 2014
Been waitin on this one for well over a year, too bad I may hav to drive an hour to see it.
TheDudeLebowski65
July 7, 2014
Fairly entertaining action thriller, Killshot boasts a varied cast of talented names and an entertaining story. But it has been done before, and better, however this is enjoyable viewing if you enjoy a tense, thriller that is entertaining, even if it doesn't add anything new to the genre. Killshot is not great, but I enjoyed it for what it is, an hour and a half thrills and with a good enough story to keep you entertained, it's worth seeing if you're interested in the genre. What makes the film interesting is the cat and mouse game being played throughout the film. Mickey Rourke is perfect for the part, and he does play a good on-screen villain. Even if the film doesn't break new ground, Killshot still is worth seeing due to the good cast, story and direction. The film delivers something memorable, and it's a movie that is edge of your seat thrills from start to finish. Even if it's not a perfect movie, it's one that manages to grab your attention because its cast deliver some effective performances that more than make up for its imperfections. Even if it's a film that uses familiar ideas from different films, Killshot manages to be a worthy viewing because there are some terrific talent within the film. Killshot is a good affair and like I said, there are plenty of memorable performances, especially Rourke who in the last few years has really made some fine movies. If you're looking for a worthwhile thriller, Killshot is worth seeing if you're in the mood for thrilling entertainment. The film may not be perfect, but it has enough moments to make it worth seeing and with a cast like this, it's a film that overcomes its flaws, and makes something that we've seen before into a film that nonetheless is exciting despite the fact it's a film that has been done before.
June 17, 2014
Killshot is a very underrated hitman flick. I had never even heard of this film until it was loaned to me, but I must say that I really enjoyed it, even though it has a number of familiar ideas that have appeared in a number of films like it. Is it a masterpiece? No, not by a long shot. But it works quite nicely for some breezy entertainment with just the right amounts of dark humor and drama that never feels cheesy.

The plot follows four separate characters: a separated couple - Wayne and Carmen Colson and two hitmen whose paths just so happen to cross: an experienced one (Who is also wanted by his former employers for killing a girl he wasn't supposed to) known as "Blackbird," and the other, a stupid rookie whose approach is too gung-ho for his own good.

When Blackbird and the rookie decide to extort money from a real estate office, the man they planned to steal from (Or kill him if he didn't have the money) isn't there for when they show up. Instead, Wayne Colson, who's looking for a job in real estate just so happens to be there, along with his estranged wife, Carmen.

The robbery becomes botched when the Colsons fight back against the two hitmen. The hitmen flee the scene, but the Colsons are still in danger and are put into protective custody while the two men look for them. Now the couple not only has to deal with the fact that murderers are on their trail, but also have to try and deal with one another during this tumultuous time.

I felt that the story was well-written and engaging most of the time. There were some rough spots and I wished that more character development had been given to the main characters at certain points (Especially Mickey Rourke's Blackbird character), but the script remained steady and intriguing, with just the right amounts of drama, suspense, and dark humor thrown in. Though the characters are interesting, the Blackbird character steals the show as he is by far the most interesting and the main reason to follow the story as he is forced to deal with his past actions, how he handles the rookie, and more.

The acting is also pretty solid, though Mickey Rourke steals the show with another one of his badass character performances. While a number of people found Joseph Gordon-Levitt's performance to be over the top, I think he did a pretty good job as the rookie killer with his wild bravura performance, which I think fit his character. However, I wish Rosario Dawson's character was given a lot more to do, as she is a great actress capable of so much more, though she is mostly pushed off to the side in the film. She's still good, but I felt that she was wasted. The couple in the film, played by Thomas Jane and Diane Lane also do a good job, though they do admittedly pale in comparison to the likes of Mickey Rourke.

The film also moves at a brisk pace, making for a very breezy 80-odd-minutes of entertainment with action, suspense, dark humor, drama, character development, romance and the usual things you'd want from a hitman flick. It was quite a lot of fun to watch and certainly not boring, though I do wish it was a longer film because it had a lot of neat ideas that I wish had been fleshed out more.

Killshot is a terrific hitman flick that will provide a lot of solid entertainment for 80-odd-minutes. It's not something you haven't seen before, but for what it is, it's very well made and engaging in the ways you'd want from a hitman flick. I think it's much better than the overall reception would lead you to believe.
April 30, 2014
Entertaining action flick with Mickey Rourke playing a hitman going after Thomas Jane and Diane Lane, with the help of Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
The dialogue is pretty rubbish in this film, but the performances by Rourke and Levitt make it worth watching.
March 17, 2014
i've not heard much about it, which boats lousy for a movie...i hope it turns out to be good.
December 7, 2013
A stellar cast but a script with some flaws.
½ November 2, 2013
Not a good film, but not terrible. JGL at his most annoying.
October 17, 2013
Nice acting over all the movie was nothing special nor was it bad
September 16, 2013
Filme de rotina. O destino do personagem de Joseph Gordon-Levitt é a maior satisfação que se pode ter ao longo da projeção.
½ August 4, 2013
Finally got around to Killshot and it was not as bad as I was expecting, all in all a pretty decent thriller
July 7, 2013
Great cast, average story.
April 7, 2013
waste of time .. Mickey Rourke is wasted.
February 17, 2013
Damn, this sounds good.
January 11, 2013
maybe.... it's a Mickey Revival
November 1, 2012
I love Elmore Leonard novels, from Out of Sight, Get Shorty, Jackie Brown and The Big Bounce, this one will be just as good, I hope
½ October 19, 2012
How the hell had I never heard of this???
October 12, 2012
Don't care for Mickey Rourke, if I see this, I'll wait for the video.