King Kong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King Kong Reviews

½ July 18, 2016
Absolutely amazing in just about everyway, The effects were great they still look good now, The acting was perfect, The action and there was allot more than I expected thanks to the adding of dinosaurs and big creatures that were impressive, my only faults were it was overlong which wasn't a total bad thing but the first hour I forgot that I was watching King Kong and thought I was watching a film about a failed actress in New York but apart from that it's one of the best remakes you will ever see.
July 15, 2016
This is surprisingly a very good remake to the original source material. Granted it may follow the storyline to the original a little too close to make it stand out on it's own, but the improved visuals, and it's lengthy time to develop characters and share emotional moments, make this film a fun ride. At times, I'd say it even manages to surpass elements of the original film itself. While not perfect, it's still pretty darn good.
July 14, 2016
Remake King Kong is my favorite movie and the studio tour in Hollywood of universal studios with King Kong 360 3D
½ July 2, 2016
In Peter Jackson's film King Kong, we're taken to an island where everything has grown to gargantuan proportions and tries to eat you; he also takes us to a place where the Jurassic Period hasn't ended yet. Here's the bad stuff. It's long. 3 hours and 7 minutes long. There's no plot. The cast just runs around from dinosaurs and bugs the entire time. But worst of all, the relationship between the Naomi Watt's character and Kong doesn't make sense. Does she love him? Is she in love with him? I don't know. Yet oddly enough you'll like the film. It's entertaining. The action sequences are fun, and despite its long run time, the film goes by fast. It's over before you know it. What is good about King Kong is the fact it stays consistent with its fantastical nature. It's okay to be plotless, ridiculous at times, and even sometimes absurd. Just as long as its fun, pretty, has good music. As for all you fans of the original King Kong, and I am talking about the 1933 version, you'll be pleasantly surprised that it stays relatively close to its predecessor. Jackson even attempts to give it a throwback style of look. In short, King Kong is a fun and entertaining adventure.
½ June 25, 2016
This movie was extreamly long, yes, but extreamly awesome. The action sequences this movie showed was absolutely astounding and jaw dropping. I loved the fight between Kong and the T-Rex. I found this to be a really cool movie. This another blockbuster hit for director Peter Jackson.
½ June 25, 2016
What the washing load of crap did i just watch?

This is one of the worst Peter Jackson movies in the Universe!
King Kong is a disgusting reboot and an insult to gorillas and insects.
I Also Hated 1976's film.
But This is worse by far, I wanted to see how much i hate it and it was not as bad as i thought, It Was So Much Worse! So Much Bad CGI Green Screen and Script, Basically everything is a waste of everybody's time!
I'm Here to tell you it isn't funny bad, It's just shit!

Grade: F
June 24, 2016
This is the same old king kong movie, with modern CGI effect.
June 18, 2016
The best King Kong movie ever.
½ June 9, 2016
It is a fathful to the original and also has also updated the original story.
May 31, 2016
IT'S A CLASSIC A BRILLIANT CLASSIC.
May 30, 2016
Undoubtedly one of my top 3 films of all times. The musical score is one of the best I've heard and a prime example of how remakes should be made.
May 26, 2016
Tries to flesh out the original story and dumps on a ton more special effects, but still a purely superficial popcorn flick.
May 25, 2016
Naomi Watts & Jack Black Rock!
½ May 22, 2016
This is a great remake to the original. With loads of kick ass special effects, great cast, and awesome action sequences, it's worth watching!
May 19, 2016
It was the best King Kong Movie ever.
May 15, 2016
had to pee in the middle of the movie
½ May 7, 2016
All-around decent remake, albeit completely unnecessary. I like that it was done in period like the original.
May 3, 2016
Very long but it has its moments. 68 out of 100
April 13, 2016
Remakes are a funny thing. You have the hardships of making a movie in of itself, but you have to "live up to" the original in the minds of most fans of the original.

Yet this movie, like a lot Peter Jackson's movies, it doesn't have to worry. This feels like a modern day epic. Some will say the length is too much. However, I still maintain that most of the extensions feel necessary to show and flush out character bits. I have no problem with that. Except the ice skating, scene. That might be a bit to much.
April 12, 2016
Spectacular and touching at the same time. I loved it!