King Kong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King Kong Reviews

½ June 16, 2017
Amazing film. So good and great action. The only flaw is it's very long
½ June 15, 2017
With fantastic special effects, and terrific designs, Peter Jackson's love letter to monster movies is an excellent example on how to make a visual spectacle with a sense of humanity.
June 14, 2017
Best of the Kong movie made since the first!
June 1, 2017
Grand and epic, King Kong is a stellar piece of cinema.
May 30, 2017
While the movie is super long, it's hard to deny that this movie is impressive
May 26, 2017
50%????!!!!! People who comment here are absolutely retarded!
May 15, 2017
U can split the flic in 2 parts. The first half of it is really good. Especially the performance of the actors is really way to go! As soon as they arrive at Skull Island, the plot kind of blacks out. From then on, only CGI action. Too bad. I cannot really recommend to watch it today. The CGI is not really up to date for latest standards (2017).
May 12, 2017
5/5. An absolute masterpiece of epic proportions that captures the spirit of the original movie and improves upon it in many ways.
½ May 9, 2017
Peter Jackson's remake of King Kong gives the original a visual update while retaining the epic, engrossing story that made it a classic.
May 4, 2017
I consider it to be Peter Jackson's crowning achievement. He took a classic and really made it his own. His Skull Island is one that will truly petrify you. The cinematography throughout the film is just spectacular. (First and only viewing - 9/9/2014)
May 2, 2017
unnecessarily long and stupid!!!!!
May 1, 2017
Not a fan of this one
½ April 26, 2017
Peter Jackson retell the story of this giant ape trapped on a mysterious island and being brought back to the main land by a film crew. It's fast, well written, no dead time, great CGI & special effects. The cast is really great and the film a great success... in my opinion better than the 1933 original but if i say that some people might skin me alive, so keep it for yourself.
April 24, 2017
(I'm referring to the extended cut.) The first two and a half hours are a pretty great king kong movie! The last 50 minutes are just unnecessary and weird, especially the end.
½ April 16, 2017
Can they make Naomi watts any more helpless. I mean at this point I don't even know if she could fight herself out of a wet paper bag
April 13, 2017
Fantastic!!! And epic in every way
April 9, 2017
After having just watched Kong Island, all I could think of was how it wasn't a patch on King Kong (2005). Such a shame.
April 4, 2017
Whilst appreciated for it's great style, classy approach and an excellently realised Kong, there are one or two niggles.

A couple of ridiculously over the top jungle action sequences with dinosaurs sadly take you out of the picture for a while and it's probably 20-30 minutes too long.

Still, a good movie very well made.
½ April 1, 2017
The beginning SLUGGED along but when it got to the actual island (minus the natives) was fun film. Far from perfect but fun. It ran about an hour and a half too long.