King Kong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King Kong Reviews

½ April 1, 2010
This movie was extreamly long, yes, but extreamly awesome. The action sequences this movie showed was absolutely astounding and jaw dropping. I loved the fight between Kong and the T-Rex. I found this to be a really cool movie. This another blockbuster hit for director Peter Jackson.
½ May 1, 2015
What the washing load of crap did i just watch?

This is one of the worst Peter Jackson movies in the Universe!
King Kong is a disgusting reboot and an insult to gorillas and insects.
I Also Hated 1976's film.
But This is worse by far, I wanted to see how much i hate it and it was not as bad as i thought, It Was So Much Worse! So Much Bad CGI Green Screen and Script, Basically everything is a waste of everybody's time!
I'm Here to tell you it isn't funny bad, It's just shit!

Grade: F
June 24, 2016
This is the same old king kong movie, with modern CGI effect.
June 18, 2016
The best King Kong movie ever.
½ June 9, 2016
It is a fathful to the original and also has also updated the original story.
June 19, 2013
IT'S A CLASSIC A BRILLIANT CLASSIC.
May 30, 2016
Undoubtedly one of my top 3 films of all times. The musical score is one of the best I've heard and a prime example of how remakes should be made.
January 2, 2008
Tries to flesh out the original story and dumps on a ton more special effects, but still a purely superficial popcorn flick.
June 4, 2007
Naomi Watts & Jack Black Rock!
½ August 9, 2013
This is a great remake to the original. With loads of kick ass special effects, great cast, and awesome action sequences, it's worth watching!
May 19, 2016
It was the best King Kong Movie ever.
March 14, 2016
had to pee in the middle of the movie
½ January 22, 2008
All-around decent remake, albeit completely unnecessary. I like that it was done in period like the original.
May 3, 2016
Very long but it has its moments. 68 out of 100
June 29, 2008
Remakes are a funny thing. You have the hardships of making a movie in of itself, but you have to "live up to" the original in the minds of most fans of the original.

Yet this movie, like a lot Peter Jackson's movies, it doesn't have to worry. This feels like a modern day epic. Some will say the length is too much. However, I still maintain that most of the extensions feel necessary to show and flush out character bits. I have no problem with that. Except the ice skating, scene. That might be a bit to much.
April 12, 2016
Spectacular and touching at the same time. I loved it!
June 27, 2015
This movie is one of the most iconic and beutifully mad masterpieces I've ever seen
½ April 5, 2016
In spite of the horrendous runtime I still managed to enjoy this movie, Peter Jackson was able to deliver a very interesting film that did not have to rely on King Kong being on screen the whole time. This movie does have a bipolarity to it though. On one hand there is some amazing special effects that would be impressive even today such as King Kong himself. Though there were some less than glorifying special effects also such as the brontosaur stampede scene. The characters had little development but were delivered as interesting still. Jack Black's money grabbing character is a great character to hate and executed well enough to elicit negative emotions towards. Overall there were spots where the movie dragged but still was able to keep me watching throughout the whole movie. It is not Jackson's best work but still can be commendable.
½ April 5, 2016
King Kong has some incredible action sequences, but like the movie in general they can be long and drawn out. This is the movie's biggest flaw. There are some great performances from a strong cast but even after all of this it can be slow and a little boring, Even 11 years on this movie looks the part and will entertain, just give yourselves half a day!
½ April 4, 2016
Not much can be said about this that hasn't already been said, which is mostly bad. I first (and last) saw it the year it hit video and I saw the last forty minutes of it again a few hours later, just to confirm for myself that I had truly wasted my time. Now I'm watching it again to verify that it's as horrible as I remember. I'll try to sell it as good as I can: here's a genuinely well thought-out attempt to bring you "King Kong" as if it were filmed prior to 1930 but with all the advances in "film techniques" that were developed since then. (There!) It's just not well executed. Included in this period-realistic criticism is that Jack Black wouldn't have been born, yet. The worst decision was to give the most profound lines, and the feature's most extrovert character (besides Kong) they were written for, to none other than Jack Black -- effectively destroying any chance of the audience taking ANY of it seriously. It's not just that Black is a comedian, it's that Black has made his career on making fun of the profound by making it seem absurd. If Jackson was hoping to seem hip with this ironic twist of casting, then what a tragic loss. Anything else I could write would be about second-worst, third-worst decisions, forever. Notably horrible: introspective, "oh wow" score replete with solo angelic vocal during the gratuitous bug-smashing sequence; King Kong follies on ice all weekend long; the hundred or so moments when the girl would have died while being carried by King Kong; action stopping periodically so the lead actress can do follies and juggling tricks; (ad infinitum). Some counter-points: the bug-smashing sequence seems ad-libbed, with the bugs being added later to almost comical effect; and I think at some point Jackson realized the girl was on her 90th or so life and when asking himself, "how does she survive all this being flung around and smashed?" came up with the idea that she's a follies girl, "hey folks, she does this all week!" It's stupid. It's a stupid, stupid film and after writing this I don't have any further reason to go back and watch it ever again. But that doesn't mean I have to give it a zero review. It gets half a star for some fairly interesting computer generated imagery despite some embarassing mistakes in depth perception (or do the actors sometimes seem like they're standing in front of a movie screen on purpose, to immerse us in the filmed-prior-to-1930 sensation,) half a star for some really tense moments despite an utter lack of suspense, and one star for the few brief moments that it genuinely tries to look and feel like something that was filmed during the Great Depression. I'm especially depressed that this was in a stack of really narrow-audience DVDs including "Planet of the Apes" that my black neighbor gave me when he was moving out, but: half a star for having a "cult following". 2 1/2 out of 5.