King Kong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King Kong Reviews

jamrcla
February 18, 2018
A brilliant remake that took the old story and made it feel fresh, What with Skull Island being more of a threat with adding Dinosaurs and weird creatures to make the film feel more dangerous, Although the effects were good most of the time there was a few scenes were you could tell were done behind a green screen and they looked pretty bad, Kong looked pretty good too, My main problem was it was too long and it takes an hour for the cast to even get to skull island, Apart from the length and a few poor scenes with the green screen it's still a great remake.
January 29, 2018
amazing story telling movie
January 11, 2018
This is the best King Kong ever. Way better than the original 1933 movie.
January 10, 2018
Very touching and emotional. I cried when Kong died. The action was amazing and so bad ass. Amazing movie.
December 22, 2017
To begin with, I am a big King Kong fan from the time I was a kid. I truly enjoyed this updated version. This version has catapulted to the front of my favorite all time films list. Peter Jackson did a remarkable job here. I only have one criticism aka 'the skating scene' - besides that A+
December 21, 2017
In the famous words of Paul Keating: It's the remake we had to have.
December 10, 2017
Always the best movies, just like Transformers. Polished, although not perfect.
½ December 10, 2017
Highly entertaining!
December 5, 2017
The T-REX battle alone tops all Jurassic films combined, including J-World. Yes some sketchy green screen in the stampede scene and some slow pacing in the wrong places bog it down, but it's still a great ride and visual feast. Jackson shows a true love of the source material and it shows.
½ November 4, 2017
Slightly overdrawn, King Kong nonetheless does provide beautiful sweeping panoramic displays and top notch visuals with emotional performances from star studded cast.
½ October 29, 2017
Better at home then movies... not sure how that works
½ October 28, 2017
The story was done very well, but the movie is very very long.
October 27, 2017
best king Kong remake but a little to long to get to the island.
September 30, 2017
It was Peter Jackson's long term dream to be directing a King Kong remake. I'm glad that dream was turned into a masterpiece.
½ September 20, 2017
How does Peter Jackson follow The Lord Of The Rings success? By remaking an old classic and, well, creating a new classic without blotching out the original. Clearly this has much more to go on regarding today's special effects but the modern Kong is just as hard to hate. The companionship that builds between beauty {the outstanding Naomi Watts} and the beast is riveting and emotional throughout. I have to take my hat off too to James Newton Howard who was drafted in last minute for this one but the score is one of his best...
September 19, 2017
First hour bad second hour good third out baaaaaad
September 11, 2017
worthy of 5 stars with the exception of drawn out scenes that Jackson started doing after LoTR, especially the Brontosaurus stampede (overdone)
September 7, 2017
not bad, boys had never seen it
September 2, 2017
To long of a movie not a fan of this movie
½ August 19, 2017
Pretty underrated movie in my opinion, it has good CGI and a pretty entertaining scenes, I also think that Adrian Brody is a good lead and Naomi Watts is a good damsel in destress, so in the end a pretty good remake.