King Kong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King Kong Reviews

January 15, 2017
Nota: 5.1/10 - 2.9/5
January 14, 2017
It has not aged as well as Peter Jackson's other films, but King Kong represents the best of the famous ape in decades.
January 12, 2017
THE BEST MOVIE THAT IVE EVER SEEN
January 3, 2017
Great cast, Great acting little bit to slow at the first HR but last 2 hrs really picked for a remake not bad I give it 3 stars
January 1, 2017
Excellent job of remake an iconic movie
½ December 28, 2016
The movie starts out well, engaging us in a delightful, detailed rendition of depression era New York City. And the beginning of the ship's ride in to the unknown keeps things moving. But then the ship runs in to Skull Island, literally, and Peter Jackson goes nuts with the special effects for a good hour. It is over the top use of computer effects that takes away any magic that had built up. By then, we just want to get the damn giant ape off the damn island and get him to NYC as soon as possible so the movie can end.
December 28, 2016
Despite state-of-the-art special effects and a well-known cast, this remake of the classic King Kong was nothing more than an up-to-date replica which was deeply disappointing.
December 20, 2016
King Kong is a glorious remake with true special effects that without surprise won Academy Award for Best Visual Effects, even if Peter Jackson's hesitation of pace makes it exhausting to watch entirely at once. Jackson even put in a SEPARATE slow dancing stage act in the middle of the stage show that Kong is chained to, and the chatter and acting on the boat for the 1st hour aren't as exhilarating as the dinosaurs and airplanes fighting Kong to the death. Either way, at least here Ann felt miserably sad over Kong getting killed at the end, in the original she couldn't bear to be Kong's bride no matter what, so therefore this movie is much closer to the Beauty and Beast folk tale that inspired the racial interpretation Americans have always looked down on interracial marriage between black males and white females.
December 17, 2016
A faithful adaptation of the 1933 original, Peter Jackson has the guts to deliver a slow-burn monster movie, in an era when most moviegoers seem to have ADHD.

Andy Serkis shines through his CGI shell, elevating Kong from a classic movie monster, into a genuine and believable character.
½ December 17, 2016
Amazing blockbuster directed from the master Peter Jackson, who returns with a full remake of special effects and set designs by fear
½ November 27, 2016
Peter Jackson does a phenomenal, albeit slightly chichà (C)d, job at bringing Kong and the monsters of Skull Island to the big screen, reminding us of the greatness of the 1933 original.
November 24, 2016
Very disappointing. Special effects overkill.
November 21, 2016
I understand what Jackson is trying to do here, but with very few exceptions, he fails. He's applying the massive resources he earned by pulling off "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy to make the world's most expensive Ray Harryhausen film (or Willis O'Brien film I guess). The problem is that Harryhausen films succeed to the extent that they invoke a certain kind of magic, and I think Jackson has several tendencies that run completely counter to any attempt to invoke that feeling. Realism is not necessarily a good thing in this kind of film, at least not a certain kind of slavish realism. Jackson's effects work is hyper realistic and it just feels wrong for this kind of story. Similarly, he has a tendency to over-explain and to dwell on small minutiae of the plot. This largely serves to highlight just how silly the plot of "King Kong" is, and to give the viewer a lot of time to think about how silly it is at times. A related issue is his inability to gauge just when enough is enough. Kong not only fights a T. Rex ... he fights three T. Rexes at the same time. This film is over 3 hours long ... there's no justification for a light pulp jungle romp to last this long. It occasionally works for me. Kong himself is a technical marvel, but I think that's very largely to do with Andy Serkis's acting job. So much of this film lacks that basic human touch.
November 17, 2016
A true masterpiece of modern days. Everything, from the effects, to the performances is absolutely on point, and delivers probably one the best 3 hours movies you could possibly expect.
½ October 25, 2016
King Kong (2005) - 87%
Despite its massive running time, King Kong makes use of an excellent cast, an entertaining plot and spectacular visuals all combined with the spirit of the 1930s.
October 17, 2016
Nostalgic, Adventurous, and Epic this describes the very definition of the ultimate masterpiece and quite possibly my favorite Film of all time.
September 21, 2016
I loved this movie. it was well written and the CG looked like the best of any movie I have seen in a movie so far.
September 18, 2016
I wasn't particularly excited about this remake of Kong but it wasn't terrible. I think the truth lies somewhere in between.
September 17, 2016
With beautiful visual effects and spectacular performances from the cast, King Kong is a superior film that not only remarks the glory of the original King Kong but is in my opinion redeemed as one of the best movies ever made in cinematic history.
½ August 28, 2016
there are giant bugs, dinosaurs, natives, giant fish and more in this epic tale.