Kingdom of Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kingdom of Heaven Reviews

July 7, 2017
Effective film, I think very well done. Historically in the ballpark at least. Well shot, decently acted, exciting. Well worth watching. One of my favorites
June 16, 2017
The film is the epic story of a young blacksmith who after the death of his family and things destiny goes to the Holy Land, where he took part in the crusades of Christians to end the Muslim infidels. Rivalries, love, hatred, struggles for power and land, in short, a little what is always seen in this type of films. The film seems to fall far short of the expectations it had raised. It lacks rhythm, action and interest. Even the scenes of the siege of Jerusalem, which seem the most spectacular, do not last long and are considerably less shocking than the scenes of their level.
June 14, 2017
in my opinion this film was a epic battle and personally I like this film because is about of religion and wars ocurred in the past centuries I recommended this film.
the film begin when in one small village live a warrior called Balion, he dont forget to his wife, the wife of balian died she commited suicide because the son of her and she cant put up with, after a group of crussaders arrived to the village and balian meet to father, the father of balian arrived of a long tripe and he want to reconoced to his father and balian live in the some village, then balian to discover that the parriot is a corrupt and balian to kill to priest.
½ June 13, 2017
"Kingdom of Heaven" is a War Action / Adventure film starring a young blacksmith named Balian who clings to memories of his deceased wife who recently had committed suicide as a result of his son's death.

shortly after, a group of Crusaders arrives at the village in which Balian lived with his recently deceased family and meets his true father, Baron Godfrey of Ibelin, who has traveled from Jerusalem in order to recognize him and replace successor.

Balian refuses to go with his father, preferring to continue the quiet life he had until then; He then discovers that his wife's body was beheaded before being buried, a common practice for those who commit suicid, and that the village priest is wearing a cross taken from his wife's body. Enraged, Balian murders the priest and decides to follow his newly-known father on his return to Jerusalem, hoping to obtain redemption and forgiveness for himself and his wife in the Holy Land.

After the events, Balian ended up discovering the corruption of the ecclesiastical class, and the threat that the Kingdom of Jerusalem undergoes by the Muslim army, led by Salah al-Din, and with this they face a war to obtain the power of Jerusalem.
June 13, 2017
In this movie we can see, a men that lose this thing that was important, i think that it is the most important thing that gives he to live this adventure, the time that he try to know Jerusalem he lives advetures that give they diferent experiences at the same time he obtain some enemigues, the objetive were obtain peace for all the aldeas and he fight tofound the peace
June 13, 2017
A very good film albeit a bit too violent in my opinion. Set in the Crusades, the plot was quite consistent and accurate in regards to the history of that time. All the characters made an amazing performance, especially the protagonist Balian who acted professionally. He did a very good job at representing the character and expressing the crudity of war and the social context of that specific time. The cinematography of the film is astounding and well designed as it helped me get the gist of each scene with ease. However, something that I really liked about this film was the battle sequences. They were so well performed that I felt like I was there and gave me the chills. Besides, the music was breathtaking as it fitted the movie quite well and made it more epic, it also contributed to the drama of the scenes which made me appreciate the characters and the story much more.

And finally, another aspect of big relevance is the way the film dealt with a controversial topic like religion, more specifically speaking, the difference between Christianity and Islam.

Overall it is a very good film, full of great battle sequences, dramatic scenes and epicness.

I totally recommend it.
June 13, 2017
From my point of view this film is incredible since all the scenes made involve the viewer, from the beginning we observe that BaliŠn is a strong man and able to fight against everything that wants to hurt him and the important people in his life, for which, he ends the life of the priest who ordered to cut off the head to his wife.
Then you can observe the first battle that is given, which is fantastic because we can visualize the capacity that each person has to exercise the role that he plays, and it is as well as all the scenes especially the scenes of the wars, for me, are the best in the film as this allows the viewer to generate endless emotions and especially that the intrigue this present constantly.
The plot of the film allows us to identify that it has a historical rigor, and also to deal with a subject that has much controversy as is the corruption of the ecclesiastical class and also the threats that occur, in this case on the Kingdom of Jerusalem by the Muslim army.
Finally it is important to mention that all the development is excellent because both dialogues, costumes and scenery are very well done.
June 13, 2017
Balian, a blacksmith loses his family, at that time we live the wars of the Holy Land that are quite far, but then he will be submerged in those battles. Between the wars of Jerusalem falls in love, becomes leader and in the end uses all his abilities to defend the city that are numerous. Godfrey of Ibelin, knight recognized by the king of Jerusalem and committed to peace in the Holy Land, undertakes the search for his son, Balian. Balian There, you will discover his destiny and what it means to be a knight., His father shows him the true meaning of the cavalry and takes him on a journey to the Holy City. In Jerusalem there is peace, results of the work of its king who was aided by his adviser and military, but the days of Balduino are counted, the vision of peace is shared by many gentlemen, one of them is Godfrey of Ibelin, who swore to defend it until die. Godofredo gives his sword to his son, and also this oath, asks him to work for peace in such a way that the kingdom of the heavens can arise. Then Godfrey is mortally wounded. Before dying, he names his son, lord of his lands, and names him a knight.
June 13, 2017
Balian, a blacksmith who has lost his family and his faith, when the wars of religion that are ravaging the Holy Land far away. Destiny comes to look for Balian in the form of great gentleman, Godofredo of Ibelin, a crusader who has returned to his home in France for a short time after fighting in the East. Making is known as the father of Balian, Godfrey shows him the true meaning of the cavalry and takes you on a journey that crosses continents to the legendary Holy City. There is a fragile peace, the efforts of its intelligent Christian King, Balduino IV, aided by his advisor Tiberias, and the military restraint of the legendary Muslim leader in Jerusalem at that time between the second and the third crusade. But Baldwin's days are numbered, and traces of fanaticism, you jealousies, greed, and jealousy among the Crusaders threaten to blow the truce. The vision of the peace of Baldwin a Kingdom of heaven is shared by a handful of Knights, including Ibelin Godofredo, who have sworn to defend it with their lives and honor. When Godfrey gives his sword to his son, also makes delivery of this sacred oath: protect the defenceless, safeguard peace and work for harmony among different religions and cultures, so that the Kingdom of heaven may arise on Earth. Balian takes the sword and enters the story becomes leader and ultimately uses all his courage and his skill to defend the city against forces enemy very superior in number.
June 13, 2017
I think this film is fantastic, a bit violent, but at the same time exciting, and I think all the actors perform their role very well and they are very well selected in view of the majority of the actors, he has participated in important films throughout the world.
So from my point of view this film is very well developed, another important point is that the director takes care of all the details like the scenography the costumes etc. And these makes this film very special, it is worth mentioning that the time in which this film unfolds gives it a magical and special touch which allows us not to disconnect from the plot and continue watching the film.
This film deals with controversial issues such as religion, ecclesiastical corruption that occurred at that time in Jerusalem, where even a war develops in search of the power of Jerusalem. It is certainly an excellent movie that I recommend it to all people who are lovers of the epic.
June 13, 2017
Kingdom of Heaven is an epic adventure about a common man who finds himself thrust into a decades-long war. A stranger in a strange land, he serves a doomed king, falls in love with an exotic and forbidden queen, and rises to knighthood. Ultimately, he must protect the people of Jerusalem from overwhelming forces - while striving to keep a fragile peace.

In if the whole plot is good, what I do not like is that there are many scenes very bloody for me but that does not subtract points, is better than other movie, deeper, more thoughtful, more about human motivation and less about action.I consider the film to be a profound act of faith. I can also say that this movie is good because it has many special effects at the time of the fights that makes it the most entertaining.

Kingdom of Heaven isn't a masterpiece, but it is a recommendable picture if one has 3 hours to spare. In this movie you learn a little and keep you entertained.
For me this plot is interesting because it has good things to admire, the characters have incredible costumes, armor, there is not much but I think there is a good art direction.
June 13, 2017
Kingdom of Heaven is a very interesting and historical film
It is about of a blacksmith named Balian has lost his family, his faith and His father seeks him. They were times of religious wars had have in the far-off Holy Land, he falls in love, grows into a leader, and uses all his courage and skill to defend the city against staggering odds. Godfrey of Ibelin is Balian's father, Godfrey shows him the true meaning of knighthood and takes him on a journey across continents to the fabled Holy City.
Within strains of fanaticism, greed, and jealousy among the Crusaders threaten to shatter the truce. King Baldwin's vision of peace--a kingdom of heaven--is shared by a handful of knights, including Godfrey of Ibelin, who swear to uphold it with their lives and honor. As Godfrey passes his sword to his son, he also passes on that sacred oath: to protect the helpless, safeguard the peace, and work toward harmony between religions and cultures, so that a kingdom of heaven can flourish on earth.
I recommend watching this movie
June 13, 2017
In my opinion this film is fantastic, a little bit creepy and at the same time exciting, and I think that the cast is very well selected in view of the majority of the cast, has participated in important films worldwide.
That is why for me it is a very well developed film, in addition the director takes care of every detail and that makes a very special film without mentioning that the time in which it develops gives that magic touch and the desire not to unplug and continue looking,
The film touches on controversial issues such as religion, the ecclesiastical corruption that at that time occurred in Jerusalem where even a war develops in search of the power of Jerusalem. Without doubt it is an excellent film that I recommend it to all those lovers of the epic.
June 12, 2017
"The Kingdom of heaven," set in the period of the Crusades. In it we can see the fall of Jerusalem, different factions within this Christian Kingdom and the different protagonists of the story such as: Balian of Ibelin, IV Balduino, Reinaldo de Chatillon, Raimundo de Tripoli or Guido de Lusignan. This film takes us in the middle of the 12th century, in the period between the second and the third crusade, the situation in the Holy City is turbulent, as the Court of King Balduino IV, is divided into two camps, one led by the own monarch and favorable to maintaining the truce with the Saracens. The other side, Guido de Lusignan, brother-in-law of the King, and Reinaldo de Chatillon, favorable to continue the war lead him. The truce with Salah ad-Din, leader of the Saracens and Sultan of Egypt is threatened by the attacks of Ch‚tillon Reinaldo to Muslim territories, this period culminating in the battle of Hattin in which the Christian army is destroyed the film ends with the defence of Jerusalem led by Balian, who gun gentlemen in a single act for all those men who are able to bear arms whether servants or soldiers.
June 12, 2017

Balian yields to his pain and joins Godfrey in his sacred mission. After the death of his father, he inherited his land and title in Jerusalem, a city where Christians, Muslims and Jews have managed to achieve peaceful coexistence during the truce between the 2nd and 3rd Crusades.

In my opinion, It is very interesting because with an unshakable integrity and under a noble oath, Balian is in a new land, serving a king condemned and attracted by his sister, Princess Sibylla. There in Jerusalem he will become the most heroic and honorable of knights and will have to protect his people from oppressive forces.
June 12, 2017
Kingdom of Heaven is an epic film written by William Monahan, it was released in 2005. This movie is about a gentleman named Godfrey of Ibelin who is recognized by the king of Jerusalem and committed to the maintenance of peace in the Holy Land, undertakes the search for his illegitimate son, Balian, a young French blacksmith who mourns the loss of his Woman and her son.

Balian yields to his pain and joins Godfrey in his sacred mission. After the death of his father, he inherited his land and title in Jerusalem, a city where Christians, Muslims and Jews have managed to achieve peaceful coexistence during the truce between the second and third Crusades.

June 12, 2017
It is an interesting film but with a development a little slow that shows a protagonist with many internal conflicts which will forge much more its character as the story progresses that despite being it has a development a little slow also has forced scenes that make The important parts are not seen as such, the film has a cast of very good actors and an excellent work in the costumes, props, set design and special effects with which they transported us to the old Jerusalem in the time of the crossed knights and Show us a very realistic battle. In short, it is not a good or bad film but it is advisable to watch it to spend the time
KINGDOM OF HEAVEN MOVIE
In my opinion about the film 'The Kingdom of Heaven' is about an epic story with scenes from many bloody medieval battles with a bit of 19th century romance, and these are related to discourses on modern day.
In this story a young blacksmith French and his life to be a gentleman, after the death of his family and by the destiny of life is going to the Holy Land, in addition the young man becomes leader and commanded the defenses of the City Santa to defend the city against the very superior enemy forces in number, and this young man is part of the Crusades of the Christians to fight against the Muslims.
In addition to the Rivalries, love, hatred, struggles for power and land, in this film the most relevant is the reflection on the Christian faith.
The moral of the story, is that religious tolerance is a good thing and that we should do more for it.
June 12, 2017
Personally I think that this film has two very important aspects, the first is the historical point of view, due to the fact that past and real events of the ancient Holy Land are related, and from the point of view that leaves a very special message for The viewers who is "fight to the end".

If we take into account the history of the film, it is said that they were made real, of course in the film is exaggerated a little to catch the attention of film fans, and of course many valuable details have been changed, Protagonist among other points. The wars that are presented in the filming are very shocking because it has scenes very cold and somewhat impossible, however, it is what distracts the spectator are the battles.

It should be emphasized that he leaves several messages that can help people in their daily lives, seeing so many soldiers fighting and defending their land or their beliefs, is worthy of recognition. Most times life is very difficult and complicated, at some point we have to make very difficult decisions, but it is important to remember what our value and ethics. And always be true to our decisions.
½ June 12, 2017
Kingdom of haven is a very fantastic movie. That relates a turbulent time, which was in the second and third Crusade. This movie was directed by Ridley Scott and it has great actors such as the handsome Orland Bloom, who plays to Balian. Also we can see to Lian Neeson, he is the Balian`s father.
This film is a one of best that I have seen, because it counts the history of a widower blacksmith, who meets to his father. Bailian`s father is the owner of those lands. For the sake of live, father and son star a trip, but his father dies due to an ambush. Balian takes the place of is father. When he comes to Holy Land, he falls in love with Sybhylla, who is married with Guy Lusignan. Balian must figth with a lot of his enemies because he must defend his kingdom.
Balian and his warriors seem to fall in the defeat, but they overcome the obstacles and they get the victory.