Kingdom of Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kingdom of Heaven Reviews

October 10, 2016
It really wants to be Gladiator but it is not. Orlando Bloom sucks but every other actor in the movie makes it watchable.
½ October 9, 2016
Scott's best "Legend? What's that?" swords-and-more-swords, repentant film.
October 3, 2016
The DIrector's Cut is much much better. I loved the soundtrack and the action scenes.
September 23, 2016
Kingdom of Heaven is a beautifully designed tale of a blacksmith who takes on the crusade in hopes of finding forgiveness from God. Despite what others have said I believe the plot had much depth and gives the viewer plenty of time to see the reality of what the crusades were all about.
September 4, 2016
Rated with the caveat that the Director's Cut is excellent and well worth watching.
September 4, 2016
One of the best films of 2005! Orlando Blooms best performance! Ridley Scott's best movie since Gladiator!
September 2, 2016
Just watch a Director's Cut. It's different movie, and it's beautiful.
July 18, 2016
A little slow in places, Overlong but Orlando Blooms performance is brilliant and with some good battle scenes it makes it worth the watch.
July 2, 2016
May writing this review take away some of the sting that comes with knowing I just wasted 3 hours of my life on a film thats it's unoriginality was only outshone by its budget.
June 23, 2016
The directors cut MUST be seen. 20th century fox should be ashamed they made Scott cut and butcher the film the way he did. Please watch the directors cut. For anyone to say its a masterpiece is an understatement.
½ June 16, 2016
Very boring and very historically inaccurate. Does nothing but perpetuate misconceptions about the crusades
½ June 4, 2016
What I was expecting to be an epic fight-fest turned out to be an interesting character-driven film with some interesting moral discussion.
May 31, 2016
The theatrical version of this film is ok, but the Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut is actually a masterpiece.
½ May 28, 2016
I don't think that Orlando Bloom is enough of a strong powered player to take on a leading role like what he did in this one. Even the title is misleading! The battle sequences are cool, I'll give it that, but, some of the actors looked like they were mailing in their performances.
½ May 26, 2016
Get the Special Director's Cut that's an hour longer if you can. Never have I seen a film so much improved over the original release.
½ May 26, 2016
A bit wet and a rehash of history in places but I liked this portrayal of the conquests of Saladdin. Felt entertaining throughout with some good war scenes, particularly the final battle in Jerusalem.
½ May 16, 2016
I am yet again disappointed by bad critic and low percentage that rotten tomatoes gave to some movie. First of all this is spectacle, really epic movie and historically correct one. I dont know what is wrong with the people rating this when they gave it 39%. So, the background to the story is Balian and his life, I mean, this movie covers a time lapse of 10 years or so which means that any critic that movie lacks depth is just pure stupidity. I would like to see anyone else doing what Ridley Scott did with such epic event and how would anybody else squeeze 10 years of very significant events in to one movie. The other thing, far more important is that Scott sticks to history, he doesnt add to movie something that hadnt happened (which could make it probably more acceptable to dumb people unaware that this is history interpretation) but rather tells a story of siege of Jerusalem. So, plot was excellent, and so was casting. The only thing that perhaps lacks is fighting for the city itself, I mean, it has it all, the epic speeches before battle, heroes who you will adore and enemies who you will respect. The fight was a little bit odd sometimes, but good overall.
I suggest to anyone who is criticing this movie badly to read and learn history for this event really did happened and it was massive. Also search for Crusades at least on the internet before watching this. The director obviosly made the movie for someone with education, not morons. So learn about some characters beacuse it is expected of you to know it.
May 7, 2016
Ridley Scott's Crusades based epic, thi sstars a rather-bland Orlando Bloom in the lead role as a blacksmith who finds himself thrust into the midst of war when he follows his newly-discovered Knightly father to the Holy Land.

And, for some reason, along the way seeminglly discovers how to lead men, irrigation techniques, skill with sword, foreign languages and how to withstand sieges.

There's no denying that it *looks* the part and is based around real historical facts; just seems to take a meandering route to get anywhere, which means the sting is taken out of it by the time it gets to the point!
May 1, 2016
The review is for the Roadshow Directors Cut. This movie has replaced my current top 10 list and has moved itself firmly into the top 5. A true masterpiece!