Kong: Skull Island - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kong: Skull Island Reviews

January 21, 2018
After sitting through about 15 minutes of end credits, you then get essentially a trailer for the next one! Overall : 8 out of 10, but I would recommend starting watching this about half an hour in to minimise running time and eliminate some of the dead space in it. Tom Hiddleston is clearly being groomed to be the next James Bond, being fashioned ever more in Daniel Craig's image, albeit around 70 years younger.
½ January 20, 2018
Kong here once again returns, great pasting of story and action forshadowing and continuity of sequences, appealing writing and script but lack of emotion and sympathy of the subject itself, we were given a little of backstory of Kong but it's lacking plotholes and details and in the end of the film he was just left in the island after all he did, the human characters were over-the-top especially typical Samuel Jackson, he wants to just destroy nature and essence of Kong like typical hunters would do, I understand they just want to escape the island but they're going too hard on one another and also towards nature. The great synopsis about this film is we get to see more creatures and beings that we never saw in the past King Kong films and results to more action and battle sequences, we got to see the full potential of those creatures too, this film was something new and something unexpected but it was a satisfying film
½ January 18, 2018
Kong: Skull Island gives you the ultimate cinematic experience. I've never seen such a visually astounding film since Mad Max. AMAZING.
½ January 18, 2018
A Good Start For King Kong With Its Pop Out Non-Stop Action Of Monsters Compared To Peter Jackson's 2005 King Kong. This was a solid, colourful movie, and a great way to set up the next few movies in the "monsterverse"
January 16, 2018
80% and well worth a watch as great entertainment, just don't expect a strong story line. Very good scenery and effects, everything else has been done over time and again in other movies, but Skull Island was still worth the watch. Went into it without expecting too much, but was pleasantly surprised by the movie pacing and script as an action adventure movie, so if you're a fan of action adventure movies, then don't pass it up.
January 14, 2018
Holywood drivel! Poor!
January 13, 2018
A pointless reboot that didn't keep my interest. The worst movie I have seen in this series. (First and only viewing - 1/9/2018)
January 13, 2018
there'll never be more screwed up time..

Kong: Skull Island

Kong fails on so many level here; script, execution and characters, that you may come out feeling disappointed rather than angry.
½ January 12, 2018
Nothing is as good as the original. However this isn't bad at all. Certainly if you compare it to what is on offer currently. Least its not a feminist anti white male fest.
½ January 10, 2018
Fun movie! Very nice post-credits scene!
January 9, 2018
Up until Kong shows up, I had a great time. What followed was a hollow and character-free sequence of action moments. John C. Reilly was great though.
½ January 7, 2018
Good visuals, some nice humor, and fun characters. But the war allegory wears a bit thin.
½ January 7, 2018
A good example of how to reboot material while staying faithful to the original. Appreciated that the 3rd act wasn't over sentimental.
½ January 6, 2018
Better than the Peter Jackson flick.
½ January 6, 2018
Outstanding, eyepopping visual effects and action sequences highlight this otherwise mundane tale that's been told several times over in film form, but never quite like this. It's really impressive to watch.
January 6, 2018
Lame story, but has a cool Vietnam setting and incredible creature animation.
January 2, 2018
Overall an entertaining film with good effects and a good story line. The ending credit was rushed and a bit silly to set-up the future installments.
½ January 2, 2018
Enjoyable enough, if a little overblown. Big, dumb (it is a mix of different shades of dumb - there's plenty of dumb fun, but also some groan-inducing, forehead-slapping moments of dumb) and fun, it is first and foremost a monster movie, and if you are going just for the monster, then it delivers the goods. It's that kind of movie, meant for the biggest screen, the loudest sound system and the slouchiest recliner you can find. The fact that it also features good actors acting? An unexpected big bonus.
December 31, 2017
A well-crafted period monster hunt/survival horror film with giant monsters. What more could you ask for?