Kronos Reviews

• Feb 05, 2019

I saw KRONOS when it came out in the 50's. It wasnt like the RUBBER MONSTERS of that period. The effects were good, considering such sci-fi was in it's infancy. The IDEA was almost radical. Then, the fear was the UNKNOWN, coming from beyond earth. Now, it is destruction from within, humans, diseases, volcanos, toxic waste. I have never seen another movie with exactly this story line. It was good! I am 68 and have waited over 50 years to see it again. No CGI, YAY!

• Oct 25, 2016

This is a phenomenal piece considering the low budget, incredibly quick shoot, and state of special effects at the time. It's also an opportunity to see three great character actors (Morrow, Emery, and Ankrum) giving it all their worth. Scared the crap out of me when I first saw it in the early 'Sixties on a B/W set. All in all, it's a far better film than it should've been under the circumstances. That's the sincere opinion of an old coot. But then, I actually remember life without cellphones and computers.

• Sep 03, 2014

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LIVE ANYMORE

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LIVE ANYMORE

• Feb 14, 2014

Kronos is great sci-fi.

Kronos is great sci-fi.

• Feb 04, 2014

Close encounter of a colossal kind--A cool 50's sci-fi alien invasion flick!!

Close encounter of a colossal kind--A cool 50's sci-fi alien invasion flick!!

• Feb 09, 2013

The special effects shots are ingenious, the stock footage is plentiful and Jeff Morrow's preposterously manly voice booms out over all of it. What more could you want from 50s sci-fi? Answer: nothing.

• Aug 11, 2011

Now I'm not one of those people who rave on about special effects, I can appreciate them when they are well done and I can criticise when they are not but, my god, you don't half appreciate what you've got when you watch this 1957 spectactular that makes Button Moon look like 2012.

• Jun 28, 2010

This movie scared me as a kid for some reason. Doesn't look so scary now. I think a remake of this movie would be interesting.

• May 31, 2010

Slow and fairly standard story. Evil aliens (though never seen) come to Earth to steal all our energy.

• Mar 21, 2009

very good sci-fi film from the 50`s.

very good sci-fi film from the 50`s.