La Stanza del Figlio (The Son's Room) Reviews

• Sep 10, 2016

I didn't know I knew how to cry in Italian.

I didn't know I knew how to cry in Italian.

• Aug 18, 2016

I wanted to watch this movie because it had won the Palme d'Or at Cannes, but also the premise interested me. However, the movie wasn't what I expected and although it wasn't bad, it was rather slow and not as emotional as I hoped. Still the performances were very good. ~August 18, 2016~

• Jan 12, 2016

It is mysterious how such a quiet, low drama film was able to reduce me to tears so powerfully, not once but several times. I suspect it may be that case of a film that works better in another language, that it may have felt more emotionally manipulative in English, but maybe not. It opens a painfully honest window on the agony of loss and should be seen.

• Aug 21, 2015

my first movie of Ninni Morretti. I felt big sorrow throughout the movie. and we could see how they live after death.

• May 16, 2014

A rather predictable but sincere approach on showing a family's grievance.

A rather predictable but sincere approach on showing a family's grievance.

• Apr 04, 2014

This definitely becomes a lot more interesting once Andrea dies in an diving accident. Before that, I wasn't that into it, but the portrayal of the family's grief over their terrible loss is done really well.

• Sep 07, 2013

Winner of the Palme d'Or, The Son's Room is a film about how grief works in a family who has had an unexpected tragedy. Surprisingly unsentimental, I don't know if it was on purpose but I liked that about the film. I would have enjoyed it more without the music.

• Sep 06, 2013

A family drama that touches your heart and soul.

A family drama that touches your heart and soul.

• May 17, 2013

Incredibly moving, powerful film.

Incredibly moving, powerful film.

• Mar 06, 2013

Highly regarded, though I'm not totally sure why. It's ok.

Highly regarded, though I'm not totally sure why. It's ok.