Leatherheads Reviews

• May 13, 2019

Best movie of all time. Leatherheads will baffle you with a jerk of a protagonist, an innocent antagonist, and a climax that makes no sense. I mean that final scene where Geoge Clooney cheats and lines up on the opponents side doesnt make a difference. I give this a 5/5. Very creative but I think the writer should try again.

• Apr 09, 2018

Leatherheads starts off as an amusing romantic comedy set in the early days of football, but then, about halfway through, it calls an audible and the tone of the movie shifts. Suddenly it's throwing in farce, slapstick and ambiguous moral conflicts. It's as if George Clooney stole the playbook for a Coen Brothers movie, but he didn't quite understand how to use it.

• Aug 23, 2017

Fast, witty banter, a true screwball comedy. Ahead of its time, hence the poor reviews from so many cynical reviewers

• Aug 10, 2017

Think to an extent, this movie is a bit underrated.Clooney fits perfectly into this movie. I usually don't care what Ren'ee does but she was a fine choice for it. An entertaining "football" movie with good back and fourth banter that yes I do agree carries that "nostaligia" feeling with it but....well look at what it is based on...It should have some nostalgic feeling to it. I think there are some rather boring scenes but overall I found the movie pretty entertaining. With that said, that really shoudl be all that matters. It was enteraining, nothing really over the top besides the forced word play but i think that is what brought more laughs to it over stale faces. Not like I know how they talked back in the day though either ha.

• Jul 14, 2017

Witty and entertaining flick about the beginnings of professional football.

Witty and entertaining flick about the beginnings of professional football.

• Feb 01, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Jan 03, 2016

Routine comedy tries hard to be funny and sometimes succeeds.

Routine comedy tries hard to be funny and sometimes succeeds.

• Nov 14, 2015

Reminds me of another Clooney film "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" as a comedic period piece. I enjoyed the screenplay in this one better, but it isn't very ambitious. I'm surprised the audience rating is so low. I enjoyed it.

• Nov 13, 2015

What the hell direction does this movie want to go....a half measure of a movie.

• Jul 22, 2015

Seemed cool, but shows off actor George Clooney, and how cringeworthy his sense of humor can be! A sheer disappointment!