Let It Be Reviews

• Jul 05, 2019

Should have been titled, "Let it Be Paul". Historically important, but hard to keep awake with all the bickering, poor production values and audio. Perhaps a new HD release of this almost-forgotten film will improve the experience....

• May 28, 2019

An interesting look at the Beatles in the studio, could've and should've been way better though, for fans it is worth a watch.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    May 24, 2019

Fans of the band will not be disappointed as the four lads from Liverpool prove in a studio that they indeed have the chops that made them world renown. There's the history to consider perhaps, bad feelings drawing the attention of the gossip set - and many will let that distract them - but essentially this is about straight-up musicianship, and such is delivered - on a golden platter.

• Apr 18, 2019

Only worth watching for the rooftop concert. And even then, you'll need to be a Beatles fan. Otherwise, forget it.

• Feb 02, 2019

Fine for beatles fans.But not a very good documentary. Pix quality is poor, looking more like a film school project rather than a pro made film.No insight to the creative process at all ,its just john and paul goofing around like two school kids in their parent basement, poor george is on the background and ringo looks like he doesnt even want to be there.And then there is johns 5oclock shadow-yoko.The only thing that saves it is the roof top performance.

• Mar 16, 2018

Finally watched this last night after all these years. My interest in the Beatles has had a huge resurgency over the last 6-8 months and I been gobbling up books (George Harrison: Behind the Lock Door"....awesome book. Currently reading "Fab- Intimate life of Paul McCartney", watching you tube vids, etc. So when I found this on my pirate movie source, i had to see it. First, as a documentary, that everyone categorizes as the "breakup of The Beatles", I really didn't see too much dissension. The only really big scene was the Paul/George argument, where you could tell George was pretty annoyed at Paul. But, honestly, it wasn't anything that big. The filming was a little annoying. I guess a product of it's times...it was cool then to do close up shots up their noses? It a little messy, but it's cool. As for the band, as most know, it really was the Paul and John show, which you see why pretty quick when you watch them just break out into jams. The musical talent, the musical ear, the creativity that flowed through Paul's veins is so apparent while he sits at the piano and just breaks out in jams with the rest of the group. It was hard to take your eyes off him. So interesting. John wasn't far behind. He was hard to take your eyes off him as well. But, I got the sense, Paul was the driver of the band. John may have been just as talented, but I'm guessing a bit lazy and was fine letting Paul provide the inertia.......most of the time. Watching them rehearse songs from Let it Be was super. George's contributions as well are superb. Also get some rehearsing of songs from the soon to come Abbey Road, which was cool. The doc changes focus once they hit the rooftop and begins their concert. Even if these were unhappy lads at the time, when playing together, you wouldn't know it. They looked like they were having a ball. An amazing group. After all these years, there is still so much interest in them. You want a peek of the group at their apex, check Let it Be out.

• Jul 24, 2017

This film does a great job at showing the tension and struggle of the band at the time. Great music and the Rooftop ending makes this a enjoyable but not as memorable film.

• Jan 24, 2015

I am not sure I'd call it a 'documentary' as it doesn't document very much. It does do two things. Films Let It Be outtakes with some studio chit-chat and then has the rooftop concert. The scenes with Paul/Ringo playing piano together or George/Ringo/John working on Octopuses Garden, give the fan a unique look in to their studio. Most of the studio footage is outtakes of songs being rehearsed. The concert really being a memorable moment in rock, is the highlight of the production.

• Apr 29, 2014

We get to watch the greatest band in the world fall apart.

We get to watch the greatest band in the world fall apart.

• Mar 16, 2014

Lovely footage of the Beatles recording their final album. "Let It Be" also, happens to be my favorite Beatles album so getting to see them work together on this one was fabulous. The brilliance of the Beatles in literally every scene shows. Still as far as being a movie is concerned there's not much concerning editing and direction. It's just a good video of the Beatles at work.