Lion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lion Reviews

March 21, 2018
Such an amazing story loved it
March 15, 2018
Excellent! Touchant! Remarquable!
March 11, 2018
The ending of this movies hit me like a sledge hammer. I was just sitting there, thinking "yeah, this is a nice little movie." The climax of the movie was coming, everyone could see it coming, but at the moment it just WALLOPED me. I hadn't experienced that much of an emotional impact since "The Deer Hunter," but at the other end of the scale.
March 9, 2018
A great miraculous story, world class acting and an unforgettable emotional experience that will DEFINITELY leave you with tears.
½ March 5, 2018
A great story with a lot of heart. Solid acting and some beautiful filmmaking, well worth your time.
February 25, 2018
Life changing. Beautifully shot, minimalistic dialogue, great acting
½ February 18, 2018
Wow... just been through the emotional wringer...
February 14, 2018
It was good but not as adult entertainment. The scenery was good, the acting good. But, little adult dialog that makes movies interesting. The story was not great. A plain vanilla movie.
February 5, 2018
Nice emotional movie, based on true events. I thought it's an indian movie and I expected less, but it's actually good, and most of it is set in western society. I had a few tears at the end and it's a really nice emotional movie. Family is very important, whether it's adoptive family or real one. All 2 hours were very interesting and I didn't have any breaks
February 3, 2018
Overall this is a solid film that tells a very compelling story about a man trying to find his roots. It succeeds in most of its storytelling though at times it can drag and be a tad bit boring.
January 30, 2018
A very well acted movie from all involved, especially Nicole Kidman. We just do not get enough of her.
The real letdown is a script and director that do not get enough from the source material...
The sadness and joy is never delivered in a story that should be filled with those moments.

The real clips of the mothers meeting in the end credits is more tearjerking. It feels like this is a companion piece to an already made documentary, so if you don't know the story already there are a lot of blanks to fill in.

Shame as it is an engaging story that deserves to be told better.
½ January 29, 2018
This film showcases the meaning of making movies, taking these amazing stories around the world to make you feel so much hope, emotion, compasion. Nicole Kidman was absolutely brilliant for me.
½ January 27, 2018
A truly amazing and inspiring story of survival, haunting memories, determination, and enduring hope, with powerhouse performances from Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman. A wonderful film with heart and soul, and unforgettable real characters. Definitely worth a watch.
January 26, 2018
Which movie made you cried the hardest? LION
½ January 17, 2018
The good acting, especially from the child actors, cannot rescue this movie from the clichés it's drowning in. Every conceivable heartstring is being pulled here. Slumdog Millionairre it's not.
January 16, 2018
An emotional, moving and exceptional film. Must see!
January 13, 2018
i'm lost..

The core of the movie lies within the emotions and feelings of the character rather than the development or the pace of the script which makes it more beautiful and breezy then it could have been. Nicole Kidman, Dev Patel and even Sunny Pawar put their heart into it which makes you feel for them and even cry at certain points. Even after projecting each and every stage of saroo's life one doesn't get tired of it since the character is so much lovable that you can't get enough of him.
½ January 11, 2018
It was boring. Because what i see in the movie is what i see in my everyday life. PS I live in India.
January 7, 2018
Beautifully made and simply performed. A superb example of film. Lovely
January 7, 2018
Preferred the edgey first half, second half plods along and eventually delivers a predictable conclusion. Still pretty moving.