Lion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lion Reviews

January 16, 2018
An emotional, moving and exceptional film. Must see!
January 13, 2018
i'm lost..

Lion

The core of the movie lies within the emotions and feelings of the character rather than the development or the pace of the script which makes it more beautiful and breezy then it could have been. Nicole Kidman, Dev Patel and even Sunny Pawar put their heart into it which makes you feel for them and even cry at certain points. Even after projecting each and every stage of saroo's life one doesn't get tired of it since the character is so much lovable that you can't get enough of him.
½ January 11, 2018
It was boring. Because what i see in the movie is what i see in my everyday life. PS I live in India.
January 7, 2018
Beautifully made and simply performed. A superb example of film. Lovely
January 7, 2018
Preferred the edgey first half, second half plods along and eventually delivers a predictable conclusion. Still pretty moving.
December 30, 2017
Beautifully made and an incredible true story. Left me in tears.
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Después de ver Lion mirarás a Google Earth con otros ojos y tomarás en serio el aprenderte el nombre correcto de tu ciudad. En cuestiones técnicas Lion cuenta con una impecable dirección de fotografía, muy buenas actuaciones y una historia que a pesar de ser predecible sigue siendo hermosa.
December 19, 2017
Lion is a sad but uplifting true story of five year old Saroo who gets locked inside a train while looking for his older brother and ends up nearly 1000 miles away from home. From here we get an unflinching and frightening view of child poverty on the streets of Calcutta before Saroo is adopted by an Australian couple who provide a fairly privileged life for him for the next 20 years. At this point, Saroo takes on the tireless task of trying to find the family he abandoned. With little to go on, he becomes obsessed with an impossible situation.
The film was beautifully shot and very well acted, with Sunny Pawar playing the young Saroo who was particularly brilliant. Well worth seeing but be warned, it's a heart-breaker.
December 18, 2017
One of the best movies ever. It is one of my top ten favorite movie I've ever seen. It is an extremely touching movie. At time its sad and at times its beautiful. All together it was a perfect movie with an amazing cast from Dev Patel in the starring role to Nicole Kidman in one of her best roles as the adopted mother of the main character.
December 11, 2017
An accomplished tearjerker. I found I could mostly forgive Lion its patent manipulation because a) it was very well done and good looking with it and B) it used this unusual true story to shed light on much more common occurrences such as poverty, exploitation and the ambiguities of adoption. Sunny Pawar as the young Saroo is a perfect little poppet and Dev Patel gives great angst as the grown-up version, though Rooney Mara is wasted in a "supportive girlfriend" role.
December 7, 2017
One of the best films I have ever seen
½ December 3, 2017
(5.5 out of 6)
When we come from a place where there are plenty of people but little of everything else we see from such little places the beauty of things. When what little we have we try to get more in places where there is alot to get little in return. What little those try to live on what others see or don't see doesn't hurt when such places we share when it's our living. What little others have to live on they make due when others have Families to raise in little places to make such livings complete. When what isn't enough we find as little to help out, when being big in such worlds and little in others we wish to be in big ones. When what little we know about this world, something's are too much for us to take when we are little in a big place trying to find whatever little we know to get back home. What little we know we see we have big curiousity when such worlds are not big to discover and find little to live on. When what makes us little is how much we don't have in strength, use or worth when others big try to get rid of us or take us other places we wish not be.

When we see we come from places where others have less when what little we know & have others have worse. When what others see so little in such places we see that they would appreciate such little things they don't normally get in such places that have more. When what is little and doesn't take too much we see is alright to stay when it's little others can do. When what we see others wish to keep, we learn little gifts we can't be bought to stay when we want to go home. When what little we have to hold in our memories we carry with us. When other places we see others have plenty, others see how little we have when we see the world from inside outside to see little what we know what it is like. When what little people like us go we see others like us hold on to little too when there is little to be found out to see such places have little to hold little enough to survive on. When what little others know about our life, we know little too to know we end up in places where there is little much others can do that can take us home to find a new home. When what little we know what to do when little is follow to only follow those big and have those by our side as little as we are to know it's ok. When what little others know about us and little we know about others we go with our little feeling others are ok. When places we see has plenty to see when we see with little eyes a new world. When what little gifts others can't receive we see what little gift we are. When what little we know to communicate or express how we feel we see we are in good hands with those who share plenty there is to bond with. When we learn plenty from new places we know little means alot. When what others may not know plenty there is little they can do when it's the thought that counts.

When we know what plenty others have done for us to know the little things matter we can't thank enough. When we are not little to see we are off doing big things. When what little we remember we see how little we don't know but wish to know where we come from. When we see there is plenty to do when we see what little we go on isn't enough. When what little we wish to see we don't others to know when we can't stand to see others go. When what we want others to go we see they can't when we see what plenty others have done and others do little to know what plenty we keep inside. When there is plenty we hate seeing & thinking to know we can't go on living with such plenty of guilt & little to show. When we wish to go places but we are stopped on our tracks when we rather be in other places with little memories of those we have & makeup along the way in places we are not but imagine being. When we see little we go on hurt when some journeys we go alone we are too little back then but big now. When what little we see we can do to help those in need we see we help alot another way when we give those another chance.

When we see we are blessed to have plenty when we came from little. When what little we appreciate in little places we see our way back home to little beginnings. When what little we see the world back then sticks with us when such little places & faces we miss and find we cannot connect one world without another, when little missing connections & links in our life mean plenty to us. When we see every little thing that stands in what we saw little we thank for remaining that get us here. When what plenty we do to get back there is little we can do to bring those back when not everyone can return from far journeys. When what little we don't know others don't know when there is little in such parts. When what plenty we owe those for the little time and little things they show us in bring us along their journeys, we thank them when it was that little explorer that brought us back home. When what little we can do to help those we give for they gave us plenty we don't know how to repay.
November 30, 2017
Very touching moive..
November 26, 2017
The director's approach is a bit too hollywoodian for me.
November 19, 2017
it it absolutely amazing shows you how good you got it.
November 14, 2017
My favorite movie of the year! I watched it 3 times and cried each time.
½ November 12, 2017
Interesting story but got boring towards the middle
½ November 4, 2017
The beginning is amazing
November 2, 2017
Despite being overly sentimental and wastefully romanticised at times, Lion is absorbing and moving to the core. Follow him home.
October 27, 2017
"Lion" is an incredibly moving, emotional story that lacks brevity and dynamism.