Lion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lion Reviews

September 18, 2017
Excellent movie for the family!
September 17, 2017
Amazing. One of the best movies I have ever seen. Heart wrenching. The young version in the story did an phenomenal job. Great acting. Being an immigrant it really struck a chord of the meaning of home and the search for belonging. A true masterpiece.
September 15, 2017
The feels. And the fact it's based on real life is all the more spectacular!
September 14, 2017
Gah, considering there's really not much of a plot, it made me cry twice. The acting is superb, even from the young actors, and they use flashbacks to build an incredible emotional journey, that really gets me with its family values, and how modern or unconventional families can still have so much love.
Not something I thought I would enjoy, and not something I would watch again, but a truly memorable based-on-a-true-story tale that you won't forget.
Watched on the plane flying back from Moncton after my cousin Beth's wedding (on the flight from Montreal to Calgary) with Sam, September 13, 2017.
September 10, 2017
What a performance by Dev Patel! Such a beautiful ending that had me in tears! ??
September 9, 2017
***A MAN'S INSTINCTUAL QUEST TO FIND HIS ROOTS WITHOUT ANCESTRY.COM***
September 5, 2017
An encouraging look at adoption, as a man successfully reunites with his birth mother. It touches on the hard parts of orphanage life, without overwhelming the viewer. All this is set against the beautiful backdrop of India.
September 4, 2017
Heart wrenching!!! The Amazing actors and actresses made you feel as though their real lives were playing out before you!
September 3, 2017
One of the best movies that I have seen in a long time!! Loved it
½ September 2, 2017
Wife and I enjoyed it good movie to watch once go through the emotions great acting all around.
September 1, 2017
Amazing story of love of a five year old.
August 31, 2017
Loved it. Love Dev Patel.
½ August 30, 2017
3.5/5. The first act of Lion is riveting, with a surprisingly great performance from Sunny Pawar, and a terrifying atmosphere. The 3rd act has an extremely emotion conclusion. Unfortunately, the second act drags quite a bit and the story stagnates for too long. That said Lion is a good film and worth the watch.
½ August 29, 2017
Fantastic, such an amazing story. Heartbreaking and heart-warming. A must see.
½ August 28, 2017
Great movie. The moving true story is portrayed beautifully on screen thanks to phenomenal direction, wonderful writing and fantastic performances from its cast, especially Patel and Bose.
August 27, 2017
Despite being overly sentimental at times, Lion is absorbing and moving to the core. Follow him home.
August 25, 2017
have the tissue ready.
August 24, 2017
Great movie, great story. A must see.
August 22, 2017
This is a beautifully told true story about family, identity, home and searching for a lost past. Some beautiful cinematography and gritty representation of poor India and growing up and surviving in the streets in contrast to the seemingly luxurious life of modern Australia.
August 21, 2017
Heartwarming stuff. This movie succeeds well beyond initial expectations at making you take another look at family and its significance to the individual.