Lion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lion Reviews

July 25, 2017
Super good! Made me want to know more about his story!
July 25, 2017
Must admit I got a lump in my throat at the conclusion. Well constructed and acted drama. The first half was difficult to watch at times but well worth it in the end.
July 24, 2017
Lion inspires and captures the viewer with its heart wrenching tale of foster identity, courage, and resilience. Though it has its flaws with some strange acting (would you believe me if I told you young saroo was far more engaging and relatable than his adult counterpart?), the movie triumphs through the irresistible story - made all the more inspirational when you learn it's oh so real.
July 24, 2017
A Great movie. So touching.
July 22, 2017
A pretty straight forward too easy guess the ending but its journey is both sad and beautiful. Dev Patel has come a long way.
July 22, 2017
This is an incredible movie about family love
½ July 22, 2017
Loved this film. Had stupid grin on my face.
July 21, 2017
La mejor película que he visto definitivamente
Interesting true story.
July 21, 2017
Excellent story. Impressive acting and scenery.
July 21, 2017
It is pure Oscar content that tugs at your heartstrings, for better or for worse.
July 20, 2017
What a magnificent movie. The fact that it is basically a true story made it even better. I could not stop crying watching the last 20 minutes or so. Dev Patel is amazing! I will watch it again. A must see movie!!!
½ July 19, 2017
An emotionally gripping movie about family, roots, compassion and love. Without drifting into cliches. A must-see and probably one of my movies of 2017 so far!!
July 18, 2017
Brilliant story, direction and emotion. Never a dull moment.
July 18, 2017
Wow, there are all sorts of movies made about all sorts of meaningless things that are seen by so many... then there are true stories such as this that truly need to be seen by more people. Just a beautiful story.
July 17, 2017
Such a good movie. Doesn't hurt that Dev Patel is a hottie either
July 17, 2017
Great movie and great acting!!!
½ July 16, 2017
A very well-done, absorbing film. However, it could have used more dialog and plot exposition. For example, so much of the film centered on the protagonist's fixation on Home that it was unclear if he had a job. There were also inter-character conflicts whose origins were only hinted at, making it a bit dis-orienting for the viewer.
½ July 16, 2017
Heartfelt story that touches the soul.
July 16, 2017
Incredible true story, beautifully scripted, and achingly touching. The cinematography is so potent, it feels like place/setting could also be counted as a full character. Well cast and acted. Recommended.