Lion Reviews

• 6d ago

An impressive biographical drama, a story that moves the viewer, is a good film.

• Sep 05, 2020

Touching movie, quite soul soothing especially for this time when people are down and out, stuck in quarantine. I recommend this movie for a good fun time.

• Sep 05, 2020

Spectacular story. Acting was good but not great. Also some unnecessary parts.

Spectacular story. Acting was good but not great. Also some unnecessary parts.

• Aug 31, 2020

I'm unashamed to say that the tears started falling as the story neared its end. It wasn't until the story was concluding that I realized it was a biopic, which made it even that much more moving... and tear inducing. The acting is superb, especially by Dev Patel and Sunny Pawar who both play Saroo Brierley, an Australian businessman, at two different periods in his life. Also outstanding as usual is Nicole Kidman as Saroo's adoptive mother. This is a tale of family lost, family found, and hopefully family found again. The second half drags just a little spending a little more time than necessary on Saroo's relationship with his girlfriend, but overall a solid A-.

• Aug 27, 2020

A touching, based on truth story.

A touching, based on truth story.

• Aug 27, 2020

Garth Davis is a name that is new to me, but what a great debut film for the director…and an Oscar nomination for Best Picture to top it off. Beautiful cinematography, great score, fantastic acting (especially Sunny Pawar as the young Saroo), and a heartbreaking ending. Other than a few maudlin scenes between Dev Patel and Rooney Mara towards the end of the film, there's not much to dislike here. Watch the movie, wipe the tears from your eyes, and have a group hug with your family.

• Aug 25, 2020

Well-made and moving story with more strong performances by Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman. Disturbing glimpse into India's yearly child disappearances.

• Aug 16, 2020

Powerful and emotionally evocative. It's a compelling, fascinating, and true story of a boy who got lost and years later tried to find his way home. We often get caught up in our First World problems. We could all benefit from occasionally taking note of Third World problems, and of the universality of strong family bonds throughout the World. A must see film, especially if you liked Slumdog Millionaire (Dev Patel starred in both). The 8 year old actor Sunny Pawar was amazing. Nicole Kidman was heartbreakingly real.

• Aug 15, 2020

One of the most important stories for its message. It remembers the importance of humanity and how much every people's lives count, showing some of the worst problems that can happen to millions of poor people still today. This story tells about one lucky case...

• Jul 23, 2020

So powerful are the performances by Dev Patel and Sunny Pawar, that it's hard not to empathise and shed a few (or many) tears. The telling of Saroo's somewhat normal new life is punctuated with scenes of his traumatic past, ensuring the pace of the film never falls short of thrilling. An unmissable film.