Little Children - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Children Reviews

½ February 16, 2018
Please Tom Perrotta, write more books.
½ February 9, 2018
Despite its flaws, Little Children is a sufficiently thought-provoking piece.
February 8, 2018
A good film, with some good acting talent. A tale of 2 people that meet and start ana affiar to escape their normal everyday lives. Although the sub plot of a child abuser being released back into their community didn't really fit in with the rest of the film.
½ August 25, 2017
Fantastic movie. I loved the feel of it. A few scenes were very disturbing (A couple stick out to me) and they made me feel uneasy. But when everything pulled together, it didn't seem too bad in hindsight. I enjoyed the film. It was intelligent and beautifully crafted. There were a few minor characters that got on my nerves though (The 3 ladies in the very beginning of the movie sitting on the bench gossiping, I thought it was some bad acting).
March 25, 2017
Strong acting carries the otherwise silly script. It has adultery. It has mid-life crisis. It has a voice over narration I hated. But Kate Winslet is as always just awesome. If it wasn't for her I don't think I'd have liked it.
February 20, 2017
Started off with potential to be a great movie with rounded characters but deteriorates into a silly and ridiculous plot stuck together with Blu-Tack and unintentionally comical. Felt sorry for the actors as they deserved better.
November 15, 2016
Goddamn what a great movie. Almost no static characters. Like The Man in the Grey Flannel Suit. And of course everyone is flawed. Unforgivably so. Great reminder that everyone sucks, including you.
October 16, 2016
Maybe my lack of understanding is what provides a low rating compared to its apparent popularity, but there is simply nothing to like about this pointless and uneventful movie about being disenchanted and disconnected with the world and people around you.
August 22, 2016
Amazing storytelling. Amazing filmmaking. Amazing lead performances.
August 12, 2016
"Little Children" lands a resonant punch on suburban life with equal conviction and sensitivity - and gets a hefty dose of powerful acting from its superb cast.
½ August 7, 2016
It's sexy and thoughtful. The chemistry between all the characters is dynamite and the writing is lovely.
½ July 15, 2016
Little Children is an urban chronicle that makes you think how humans are full of flaws. Todd Field make a little masterpiece when he deconstructs the perfect life of suburbia revealing his dirty secrets. (4,5/5)
½ July 4, 2016
A surprising watch on the plane - the storyline is quite original, but I felt like the ending left me kind of empty. Everything turned out the way it was supposed to, but the story diverges from these two characters and instead focuses on living your life with your own version of a 'life with meaning.' An interesting take on uprooting regular suburban lives. The storyline with the pedophile added an extra depth to this story, and sometimes you'll feel sorry for him. Everyone in this movie is trying to live their own life, and you'll feel almost dirty for getting caught up in it.
June 27, 2016
I think a major theme of Little Children is that present unhappiness shouldn't affect future happiness.  And just because people are unhappy now doesn't mean they can't be happy later.  Is that redundant?  Repetitive?  The thing I found most  interesting was the narration by Will Lyman (he does a lot of narration).  It made it feel like you were reading a book but it was so sporadic.  You never knew quite when it would pop up again and there were times when I found myself wondering "where's that narrator?"  Patrick Wilson is very nice to look at for over two hours especially when he gets all naked.  The final scene of this film is burned into my memory.  But in the end I would recommend this movie.
April 7, 2016
An amazing character study. Near perfect writing and a stellar cast highlight this look into a flawed suburbia. It's worn out formula feels fresh, thanks to its intense blend of insightful narration and subtle direction.
½ March 31, 2016
Total drivel : some idiot doing a voice over, describing every character's thoughts all the way through? I don't think so. Avoid.
February 18, 2016
Nice and rich character study with many wonderful performances. Maybe it's not flawless but though-provoking about the values in your life.
February 14, 2016
This was good until the nonsensical last scene
February 12, 2016
Brilliant brilliant film I cannot fault.