The Living Daylights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Living Daylights Reviews

October 8, 2016
Dalton is just what the series needed; a fresh, no-nonsense Bond. Placed into a great, twisting plot full of nefarious men using one another in different ways, some entertaining action and a simple but highly effective climatic battle sequence. Slightly let down by a few minor things: although it improves throughout the runtime, some of the humour is badly placed in the early action sequences; the Bond girl is hard to care about (and it's hard to see why Bond would), and the post-finale confrontation is incongruously over the top. However, these indulgences aside the lesson is clearly less is more and The Living Daylights has for the most part learnt it well and uses it to reach among the greatest heights of the franchise.
½ September 15, 2016
best 80s bond. shame about the next one
August 29, 2016
Timothy Dalton brings life into Bond, that is quite different form the other Bonds, but entertains with action though I miss the humor from the Previous entries
½ August 4, 2016
The Living Daylights is an above average Bond movie led by the very underrated Timothy Dalton that has all of the Bond elements we know and love even if it drags at times
August 4, 2016
Great first hour, so so second hour. 80 out of 100
July 29, 2016
Timothy Daltons first Bond is just what the series needed after some terrible entries from Roger Moore, Dalton takes a more serious approach to the role and it works pretty well, It has some good action scenes but they are far few between, The story is much easier to follow and the last half hour was very good, My main fault with the older Bond movies was the silly one liners and corny action, This one had hardly any humour and made the film Better, It's better than most if not all previous instalments, This was a make or break film for Bond and it passed the test.
July 28, 2016
7.5 out of 10:

Finally a good Bond film after a ton of bad ones. Sure newcomer Timothy Dalton isn't a great Bond and it feels like a previous entry, but the action is exciting and entertaining.
½ July 25, 2016
Timothy Dalton is too serious. There needs to be more humor in Bond films. This one was more boring than most of them. There were some cool scenes like when he was hanging onto a cargo net in the sky. A lot of the typical anti-Russian 80's stuff. Nothing special here.
½ July 24, 2016
Decent action. The worst Bond girl of the franchise in my opinion. Another film that I think gets way to much attention for what it really is. Not terrible, but nothing special.
½ July 23, 2016
The Living Daylights is a Bond film you have to watch twice to notice that it is a good film, but then you watch it again and you're back to you're original opinion: it's not that good.
½ July 11, 2016
The first Timothy Dalton Bond I've seen and I was impressed. Always been a fan of his and he is up there with Sean Connery and Daniel Craig as my fav Bonds. It had a nice balance of action with some gimmicky weapons, but not too many as they put in the Roger Moore Bond flicks. Great watch.
½ June 26, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Something that Moore's latest Bonds sadly lacked; Timothy Dalton brings an edge to his performance that radiates throughout the entire movie. The result is a film that's actually one of the most sophisticated in the series, where we get a genuinely consistent plot, a bunch of tense moments and some interesting character beats to keep you on the edge of your seat.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: They may just have gone a bit too far this way, as with the thrilling gritty edge, comes a lack of light-heartedness that can make it feel a little stagnant at times
VERDICT: This is not just one of the most sophisticated Bonds, it's also one of the best cold-war films of the era. 'The Living Daylights' is a breath of fresh air for the franchise, if a slightly too serious one.
May 5, 2016
One of the essential films in the Bond series, "The Living Daylights" delivers a more serious take on the character. And I still think Timothy Dalton's interpretation of Bond is the best.
April 15, 2016
Great Movie, Love The Way How Timothy Dalton Portrays The Character
½ April 7, 2016
Its A Pretty Great Movie, I Love Timothy Dalton's Portrayal Of the Character
½ March 25, 2016
An underrated action romp with Dalton living up to the role of 007, and an interesting story to boot.
March 10, 2016
Timothy Dalton takes the role VERY seriously. By far, Caroline bliss makes a considerable replacement for Lois, but Lois is still the Queen! Maryam D'abo makes a great bond girl, and it does also showcase that MI6 knows all about the KGB!
½ February 22, 2016
I'm not a big fan of Timmothy Daltons JB, and this movie is the main reason why. It tries so hard to be the 'new' hardcore Bond, and just feels to rushed,
February 21, 2016
Dalton brings gravitas to the character and the series, much-needed after Moore's camp quips took strength out of any stakes the individual movies might have. This Bond also seems to be more sensitive which is much more satisfying on a light-and-shade level of the hero's journey. The story doesn't waste time, and is also excellent to look at with its action sequences and exotic locales. d'Abo, Rhys-Davies, Malik, and Bliss support and carry the plot so well, and Krabbé, Baker, and Wisniewski are excellent antagonists.
February 19, 2016
After so many Bond movies of Moore, Dalton is a breath of fresh air. The story follows the same format as the previous movies. This one adds a small twist. The acting is still kinda bad but you don't look for that in this kinda movie.