The Living Daylights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Living Daylights Reviews

November 5, 2018
A unique James Bond, different from Roger Moore's take
October 6, 2018
Great acting, check. Great action, check. Great plot, check. An underrated film that may be the last great cold war film.
½ September 29, 2018
Solid outing of the franchise, great use of LOCATIONS and excellent stunts hold the interest. With Timothy Dalton giving Bond some much needed edge.
September 22, 2018
A fun Bond film that takes advantage of the Cold War setting at the time. Timothy Dalton brings much needed energy from Roger Moore.
½ July 24, 2018
Dalton plays a Bond that lacks what made Moore a fairly good Bond, but also has everything we wished in Moore's Bond. The Living Daylights is a decent Bond marred only by a weak villain.
-7/10
July 21, 2018
Primeiro ato excelente, um segundo mediano e um final que só é salvo porque os últimos 10 minutos de filme não se passam em uma base militar afegã
½ June 9, 2018
Really underrated Bond flick.Timothy Dalton is one of my favorite Bonds.
March 30, 2018
I think this is the best bond film ever
March 27, 2018
The Living Daylights basically acts as a reboot to the entire series as it introduces us to new Bond in Timothy Dalton and much less silly and campy approach. It went into more serious territory and although I liked and that and the romance is charming, the film still felt too serious and it needed at least some humor and fun as it thoroughly lacks in those departments.
½ March 2, 2018
Timothy Dalton gets made fun of for his portrayal as Bond, but I don't think that he was the main problem with this movie. This had great set pieces and action sequences, plus one of the most beautiful "Bond girls" ever, but the overall story was just mediocre to me. Granted, I have never been huge on the Bond films, but I try to watch them all every once in a while. This isn't the best one and I also don't think it is the worst one either.
January 8, 2018
Actually one of my favorite lesser-known Bond movies.
½ January 7, 2018
Introducing Timothy Dalton as the new James Bond. A good bond that should have been given more movies, has one of the most spectacular bond stunts off a cargo net on airplane.
½ December 29, 2017
It's a more serious Bond film. It has some GREAT action and a very good lead performance by Dalton. Some of the comedy and romance doesn't land but this movie is still awesome.
December 27, 2017
Timothy Dalton's Bond from the pages of Ian Fleming's novels was never really taken in by Americans who found him pale, boring and humourless.
A solid Bond entry but retaining John Glen's directing services is the real problem. Coming off the back of the 3 bad movies in Octopussy, For your eyes only and A view to a kill he delivered another tired entry here.

Gadgets 3/5 The Aston Martin is a welcome return and some silly, harmless cold war shenanigans.
Girls 1/5
Villain 2/5
Bond Theme 2/5 A-Ha were riding high in the charts but this did not
December 16, 2017
One of the best of the Bond films. This movie had everything from great stunts to fun gadgets, but didn't feel so over the top as some of the Moore and Brosnan movies.
½ December 9, 2017
Dalton is my favorite Bond, but everything else around him weighs the movie down, especially the bad, sometimes offensive humor.
½ November 7, 2017
While not a top tier Bond flick, The Living Daylights is certainly above average, successfully introducing Timothy Dalton's Bond to the world. Dalton isn't the best Bond, but he gives a strong performance. It may not have as much humor as previous installments, but the gadgets, action, and one-liners make up for it.
October 21, 2017
A thrilling spy film featuring the darkly suave Timothy Dalton as Eon Production's Ian Fleming's James Bond 007, The Living Daylights is often considered the last great Cold War thriller made during the Cold War. Dalton plays his Bond a lot closer to the broken Bond of the novels, and brings the series back to its roots after the amusing, occasionally brilliant diversion of the comedic 70s and early 80s.
½ August 27, 2017
I didn't mind it - interesting involving the Americans and Russians as joint villains. Dalton wasn't too bad - hard to compare to Connery and Moore, but pulled it off.