The Living Daylights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Living Daylights Reviews

½ July 24, 2018
Dalton plays a Bond that lacks what made Moore a fairly good Bond, but also has everything we wished in Moore's Bond. The Living Daylights is a decent Bond marred only by a weak villain.
-7/10
July 21, 2018
Primeiro ato excelente, um segundo mediano e um final que só é salvo porque os últimos 10 minutos de filme não se passam em uma base militar afegã
½ June 9, 2018
Really underrated Bond flick.Timothy Dalton is one of my favorite Bonds.
March 30, 2018
I think this is the best bond film ever
March 27, 2018
The Living Daylights basically acts as a reboot to the entire series as it introduces us to new Bond in Timothy Dalton and much less silly and campy approach. It went into more serious territory and although I liked and that and the romance is charming, the film still felt too serious and it needed at least some humor and fun as it thoroughly lacks in those departments.
½ March 2, 2018
Timothy Dalton gets made fun of for his portrayal as Bond, but I don't think that he was the main problem with this movie. This had great set pieces and action sequences, plus one of the most beautiful "Bond girls" ever, but the overall story was just mediocre to me. Granted, I have never been huge on the Bond films, but I try to watch them all every once in a while. This isn't the best one and I also don't think it is the worst one either.
January 8, 2018
Actually one of my favorite lesser-known Bond movies.
½ January 7, 2018
Introducing Timothy Dalton as the new James Bond. A good bond that should have been given more movies, has one of the most spectacular bond stunts off a cargo net on airplane.
½ December 29, 2017
It's a more serious Bond film. It has some GREAT action and a very good lead performance by Dalton. Some of the comedy and romance doesn't land but this movie is still awesome.
December 27, 2017
Timothy Dalton's Bond from the pages of Ian Fleming's novels was never really taken in by Americans who found him pale, boring and humourless.
A solid Bond entry but retaining John Glen's directing services is the real problem. Coming off the back of the 3 bad movies in Octopussy, For your eyes only and A view to a kill he delivered another tired entry here.

Gadgets 3/5 The Aston Martin is a welcome return and some silly, harmless cold war shenanigans.
Girls 1/5
Villain 2/5
Bond Theme 2/5 A-Ha were riding high in the charts but this did not
December 16, 2017
One of the best of the Bond films. This movie had everything from great stunts to fun gadgets, but didn't feel so over the top as some of the Moore and Brosnan movies.
½ December 9, 2017
Dalton is my favorite Bond, but everything else around him weighs the movie down, especially the bad, sometimes offensive humor.
½ November 7, 2017
While not a top tier Bond flick, The Living Daylights is certainly above average, successfully introducing Timothy Dalton's Bond to the world. Dalton isn't the best Bond, but he gives a strong performance. It may not have as much humor as previous installments, but the gadgets, action, and one-liners make up for it.
October 21, 2017
A thrilling spy film featuring the darkly suave Timothy Dalton as Eon Production's Ian Fleming's James Bond 007, The Living Daylights is often considered the last great Cold War thriller made during the Cold War. Dalton plays his Bond a lot closer to the broken Bond of the novels, and brings the series back to its roots after the amusing, occasionally brilliant diversion of the comedic 70s and early 80s.
½ August 27, 2017
I didn't mind it - interesting involving the Americans and Russians as joint villains. Dalton wasn't too bad - hard to compare to Connery and Moore, but pulled it off.
August 7, 2017
Undisputedly an improvement over the few bond films before it, The Living Daylights manages to fare well just like the rest of the bond films revolving around Russian assassins and traitors. Sometimes even succeeding to find the time to slow down for the sake of drama, which is another thing that most bond films do not even try to do. Also providing a
handful of memorable villains in the form of a cold, music loving assassin and a traitor to the United States Military. In the end The Living Daylights proves to be a middling Bond adventure that sits in the perfect place on the Tomatometer.
½ August 2, 2017
This was the first James Bond movie I had ever seen. I was 9 years old and I absolutely loved it. My dad told me if you like this, check GOLDFINGER out. With that, I became James Bond fan for life and in 1994 eagerly awaited the release of GOLDENEYE. With Timothy Dalton, the Broccoli's wanted to go in an edgier direction to distant themselves from the camp that the Roger Moore films became. They had actually wanted Dalton all the way back in the 70's, when Sean Connery left the Franchise, but Dalton thought himself too young for the role. So he passed. Mid-80's rolled around and after years of playing villains, Dalton decided to take a stab at being the good guy. What followed was action adventure with a very human Bond. Initially, fans reacted negatively to TD's portrayal but over time he has been appreciated as perhaps the 2nd best in between Connery and Brosnan(Craig belongs in 2nd but we'll let him finish his run first.) Fans of the Daniel Craig's new darker Bond will feel right at home here.
July 23, 2017
The Living Daylights in 1987 is a brilliant Bond movie. Timothy Dalton as Bond is good. The bond girl is annoying. she is moans and is thick actually thick, how can bond fall in love with her? The two main villains are terrible but the henchman steals every scene he is in. Especially the end fight on the plane. Felix is OK in this movie. General pushkin is a cool character and Saunders is good. the plot is one of the best. the gunbarrel is good. the pre title sequence is the better then a view to a kills. the end battle between necros and bond is exciting and all of bonds stunts were performed by Dalton not kidding. the mi6 regulars but Moneypenny are great. overall it is the better Dalton movie.

Cast:

Miss Moneypenny: Caroline Bliss
Q: Desmond Llewelyn
M: Robert Brown
July 9, 2017
James Bond goes after a Russian arms dealer who fakes his own defection. I really liked this movie. Mostly because of his pairing with the innocent girl whom he romances. The story is really interesting. The action is good too.