The Love Guru - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Love Guru Reviews

½ September 23, 2016
If you enjoyed the specific comedic style of the Austin Powers movies, there are definitely some laughs to be had but the shtick is so heavy handed and childish that it wears thin fast. I must say that this should not be considered one of the worst comedies ever as it often is. Adam Sandler sleepwalks through his current crappy comedies; Myers at least gives it his all.
June 28, 2016
The funny parts were in the preview.
½ May 19, 2016
Worst movie ever. If you want to make fun of a religion or a culture then at least try harder.... :/
April 21, 2016
I fucking loved this movie. Sorry. not sorry. No reasons. It's ridiculous yeah. But it made me laugh and entertained the hell out of me. So, mission accomplished.
February 25, 2016
Love this film. Feel good at it┤s finest
½ February 1, 2016
Not a brilliant comedy, More slapstick than anything, Abit corny but there are some laughs to be had just not enough.
January 21, 2016
I haven't seen this film but Connor told me it was bad
January 9, 2016
The Austin Powers' Trilogy really shot up Mike Myers' comedy career, and this is a testament to that. I am a movie collector that has seen A LOT of comedy movies, them being my specialty of course. Although this movie is lowballed by many film critics, this is actually my FAVOURITE movie of ALL time! This movie is comedy gold on the cast's behalf. The characters throughout the movie have well-placed side plots that all add up in the end. An awesome script that seems like natural comedy creates a flowing script, an example including the alligator soup being snappy joke. I understand that to some people this might not be funny, but in order to get the most out of the movie, you have to look at it the way it was intended to be looked at. Although all of this is my opinion, the movie is truly hilarious in many ways. But you can decide for yourself.
December 24, 2015
This movie accomplishes exactly what a good comedy should, plently of laugh out loud moments. I'm no Alba fan but even I wasn't as annoyed by her as I usually am. Even the acting-challenged JT couldn't quell my laughter. No it can't match the magic of Austin Powers or the classic qualities of Wanye's World but it gets the job done. Very quote worthy!
½ November 17, 2015
My initial reaction after watching this was very telling. I wondered if the editors, while working long and hard nights, saw the shot footage and knew it was unsalvageable mess. To imagine that every scene in the final cut was the best possible outcome is painful. I can only imagine how nauseous the on-set experience must have been.
½ November 7, 2015
Mike Meyers is back, as funny as ever. The preview was hilarious, but it had a bit of an Austin Powers feel to it.
½ October 23, 2015
I love Mike Meyers. And he really does try his best on this one. But I keep feeling like there's something inherently unfunny about an Indian guru. Not quite sure why, but despite his best attempts this just didn't work. And apparently all great comedic actors are incapable of discerning whether a script is good or bad, and accept all movie offers that come their way. Will Ferrell, Eddie Murphy, Mike Meyers... They all do great stuff as well as total bombs. This movie was unwatchable, unfunny, and an embarrassment for all involved. Just a bunch of silly gags that fall flat. But Jessica Alba is, as always, hot. I suggest you watch Austin Powers or Wayne's World instead.
½ August 29, 2015
Offensively bad. The less said the better; stay far, far away from this tripe.
½ August 14, 2015
I've seen awful n this was up to par
August 12, 2015
Dinero mal invertido
August 9, 2015
Mike Myers at his worst ever.
½ July 17, 2015
bad filmmaking and proof to not allow the star full creative control. just a terrible film
½ June 17, 2015
I remember seeing this awful film in theaters and not laughing once. I still can't believe Myers, the person who gave us classics like Wayne's World & Austin Powers, can stoop to such a low level by adding non-stop penis and fart jokes as an excuse for a film.
½ June 4, 2015
Some entire sequences are utterly irredeemable and immature illustrations of oenises. But the Canadian humour still charms my hockey-loving heart.
May 16, 2015
Mike Myers finally returns to the screen since Goldmember and sad to say, he seems to have worn out his welcome. This film is one of the worst comedies I have ever seen. I maybe chuckled a few times, but no hard core laughs like a good comedy should have. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this, but this is just an immature, poorly written extended so-called comedy sketch. Save your money and stay away.