Lovely, Still - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lovely, Still Reviews

July 31, 2016
What a special love story.
May 31, 2016
I thought this was an loving and sad journey of aging love.
October 12, 2015
Feel good movies about an older couple...but wait, it is much more. You will find it is much more than it seems. Don't want to give a spoiler but definitely worth watching to he end. It will have much deeper meaning than at first glance. Great job of giving a great foundation for the surprise ending Terrific acting by all stars.
½ February 20, 2015
It's a smart concept, however, the way they over-dramatize everything, especially when the twist is revealed kind of ruins the movie. I kind of figured out the twist halfway through the movie but was still interested in the relationship between Landau and Burstyn, so they didn't need to force-feed it down your throat. Still, Marty Landau gives a very impressive performance here.
July 4, 2014
Thought it was sweet but had a twist at the end that got you thinking. She loved him through hard times and in the end he had peace.
January 15, 2014
Recommended by a friend.
November 6, 2013
Plot/Summary,Martin Landau and Ellen Burstyn topline the debut of writer/director Nik Fackler in Lovely Still, a whimsical romance tale that follows an elderly grocery-store bagger (Landau) who experiences his first pangs of love in the form of Burstyn. Elizabeth Banks portrays the woman's daughter, while Adam Scott handles the role of the store's owner.
My Review
The tale of this is quite simple its about an elder man named Robert who go's on a date with his neighbor Mary and quickly falls in love with her. This is his bang in love and dosn't know much so he go's to his friend Mike for help. Throughout this movie i just feel good and well that's it. It's got great acing but not to well on the cinematography. Its a good flick and a feel good film and that's pretty much all i can say about it.
October 17, 2013
Being. 70 year old widower, I was eager to see two of my contemporaries perform in an adult film. Was I ever disappointed. The story was inane, the acting excessive and the warmth lacking. The only saving grace was the film was short. I guess it's back to On Golden Pond.
½ May 20, 2013
Found this film very endearing....
April 24, 2013
adooorable and touching movie! soo sweet and warm! so full of love, care and devotion! so full of so huge and big emotions! surprising movie! in one moment it turned out soooo unexpected and touching!
½ April 12, 2013
This is an extraordinary movie. I can't believe the director is so young - his wisdom is way beyond his years. Landau and Burstyn are luminous and un-Botoxed in this haunting drama about what true love really is. Be sure to watch very carefully as the details give insight into what is quickly revealed at the end - that is how everybody is really related. I have been thinking about it daily since I saw it. You will never forget it!
½ March 16, 2013
A most beautiful story, cried all the way through it.
January 16, 2013
This movie is now on my list of favorites. It is beautifully filmed, filled with authenticity and has a surprise twist at the end. Not often enough are older adults the subjects of such a story. I love the independent films for this reason. Totally worth the time-pulls you in with beauty and touching humor.
November 2, 2012
Reviews missed the crux. This is a film that is seen through the eyes of the character played by Martin Landau, who has progressive Alzheimers. It is only towards the end that it becomes clear that all we have been watching has been distorted by the disease process. Boggles the mind that critics missed the point. This is excellent. You should also try "Talk to Her" with Julie Christie.
November 1, 2012
Tearjerker alert. A nice story though.
October 21, 2012
The viewer has to watch the entire film to discover the depth of love this story tells.
Like Robert (Landau), the viewer believes Mary (Burstyn) has just met Robert. As the story unfolds, with Mike, Robert's 'boss', and Alex, Mary's worried daughter, the viewer gradually understands the broader picture and true depth of the story.
The final scenes reveal the true story and the depth of a family's love. You may have to watch it twice!
October 14, 2012
The story of a senior citizen, late-in-life romance, which takes a while to get going because so much is left unspoken. And yes there's a major twist.
October 14, 2012
This may very well be one of the best drama's that I've ever seen. Very well done. Landau and Burstyn are amazing, and the story was brilliant. It was absolutely captivating, and heartbreaking. This is a must see in my opinion.
August 28, 2012
Love, love, love, this brilliant love story!
July 9, 2012
The movie all comes together in the end with a very surprising twist. Loved the music throughout the film. Endearing!