Loving Reviews

• May 12, 2019

"Tell the judge I love my wife."

"Tell the judge I love my wife."

• Mar 15, 2019

Subtle and heartrending account of a historic American legal case rightfully focuses on the couple's personal fate rather than the court proceedings with great performances throughout.

• Jan 21, 2019

A great movie, recommend everyone watch it!

A great movie, recommend everyone watch it!

• Jan 09, 2019

Edgerton and cast come together to beautifully put forth an amazing take on a very deep story, Tackling such a prevalent issue is not always easy but Jeff Nichols does a wonderful job with Loving.

• Dec 16, 2018

GREAT! I saw it on my birthday and was inspired and touched by it. I had also studied this case in school, and it was interesting to see a film based on it. Great!

• Sep 02, 2018

Based on real-life events, this is primarily a story of love and dignity, and how two people who simply want to be together make a stand that ends up changing US history. It's a subtle film that lacks the potent drama that one might expect, leading to it feeling a bit slow at times, but for the most part, Nichols does a great job of capturing the emotions of the Loving's - shame, anger, fear, helplessness, pride, determination, love - as they are forced to bear unacceptable treatment. In large part, it's so effective because of Negga and Edgerton's incredibly committed and sensitive performances of two very different, but strong characters. I wouldn't call it riveting viewing, but that doesn't mean it isn't touching.

• Jul 01, 2018

The actors portray their characters with such precision that it makes for a slow first half.

• Jun 10, 2018

Joel Edgerton deserved an Oscar!

Joel Edgerton deserved an Oscar!

• Jun 08, 2018

Just a very entertaining and well acted movie.Subtle yet the subject matter is a hammer upside the head.

• Jun 04, 2018

a heartfelt soothing experience.. Loving There aren't many historical drama genre features that satisfies the audience through its mellow tone which is apt for the structure of the script. There aren't any high-pitched dramatic sequences that may stand out in here but it does flow like a melting butter that never fumbles its way down the road. Jeff Nichols; the writer-director, has written a gripping layered screenplay that is exceeded by its brilliant execution and editing that ups the ante of the feature and communicates with the audience in each and every frame. The feature fails to score on technical aspects like background score, production and custom design although it is shot beautifully which makes it supremely watchable. The performance objective is the game changer where Ruth Negga and Joel Edgerton are in their A game on their parallel role as a couple struggling with its generation. Its first half hits hard and fast and establishes the stakes appropriately after which the maker takes their time on the second half and goes as deep as possible. Loving is a heartfelt soothing experience where there are lots of mutual aspects to connect and feel the characters projected and then the rest of it is carried off by stellar performances.