Lucky Number Slevin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lucky Number Slevin Reviews

½ July 7, 2016
trys to channel Tarantino and fails, as well as brig excessively and pointlessly violent. However, several parts are filmed interestingly
June 26, 2016
This movie begins with a case of mistaken identity. That's all I'll tell you.  You must watch this movie.  I very much recommend it.
June 25, 2016
Very tight, visually cool, gets muddled a little bit.
June 19, 2016
The best film of all that I have seen
May 27, 2016
"Trying too hard to be clever in a Pulp Fiction kind of way."

Uh, no? It wasn't trying too hard, the clever parts are objectively clever, and it's nothing like Pulp Fiction. Learn to review better, please.
½ April 8, 2016
A glossy revenge spin, played light, where characters quip while trading punches to the gut. It's not as amusing as it seems to think it is. And Lucy Liu ... why don't that girl see more work?
½ March 26, 2016
A brilliant film that for most of the film leaves you scratching your head and the plot feels like it could be a mistaken identity comedy film, But if you hang in there it's worth it as the plot unravels and it's full of great twists and turns and is very clever, All the cast were great I'm just surprised it didn't get more praise, It is one of them films where if you don't pay full attention it won't make sense as it's very detailed but it's great and definitely worth the watch.
½ March 6, 2016
A comedic, noir, love story and tale of revenge. (Can we have another theme please). Oh wait, we do: rivalry. Fun film, more violent than it needs to be. Lucy Lui wad great, I'd watch her do laundry, and the rest of the cast were all seamless. Entertaining for sure.
½ February 21, 2016
The film sweats cool. I just wish someone had polished and cleared up the script before it was made.
February 19, 2016
Great cast. Lots of twists - it is, however, pretty violent. Really enjoyed the show.
February 19, 2016
Good movie, lots of plot twists.
½ January 13, 2016
Slevin offers fleshed out characters, snappy dialogue, and great direction. Yet, the film is also messy, overlong, uneven.
Grade: B-
January 7, 2016
You've misspelled 'succumbs' on your overall review for this movie. May want to fix that.
January 3, 2016
There may be no doubt that Slevin is a film loaded to the hilt with over-confident stylistic qualities, but it is not at the loss of substance. Ultimately the complicated story line is translated via fantastically clear and kinetic direction that keeps events interesting, intriguing and entertaining. Some perfect casting choices leave Hartnett and Liu as an unexpectedly engaging on screen couple with oodles of entertainment value on offer just from their off-ball scripted conversations. For some this may be an overly convoluted affair, but for those wanting a film that keeps you guessing, interested and entertained, you can not really do much better. The pay off is great, the characters engaging, what is not to love?
December 18, 2015
This is a fantastic film -- I'm shocked that it wasn't more widely liked
December 4, 2015
My kinda film. Loved it from being to end
½ November 25, 2015
The critic rating on this movie is exactly the reason I don't give much credence to rotten tomatoes critic reviews. I really love this movie. Watching it now as a matter of fact. Does its job very well, reminds me of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which was even more convoluted than this film. Josh Hartnett's performance is actually pretty dang good, and you can't beat Sir Ben Kingsley's portrayal of the overtly Jewish Mob Boss, and Bruce Willis as a psychotic hitman. First time I saw this movie, I was really blown away with the ending. Still love it to this day. Even Lucy Liu, whose portrayal of the neurotic neighbor is sort of annoying, is fitting to the story.
October 3, 2015
84%
Lucky Number Slevin is over stylized, which is a reason for liking as well as ignoring this film. The acting involved is good from Willis, Josh Hartnett, Lucy Liu, Ben Kingsly and Morgan Freeman. This film is out of place for most of the time and it eventually makes some sense only in the end. Other than this, the film is just ok-ok and disposable after use!!! This film's duration is also something that I did not like much, it should have easily been made a 30 minutes short.
September 27, 2015
Plenty of style, charisma, thrills, and plot twists to warrant a good watch, but it ends in such a way that you'll only need to watch it once.
September 20, 2015
This film was so much better than I had first anticipated... an underratedly great film.