Lucky Number Slevin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lucky Number Slevin Reviews

March 23, 2017
Not bad, but the dialogue wasn't very real and the story was kind of weird and cheesy.
March 15, 2017
This movie had a lot of enjoyable elements. But I feel like the plot seemed a little too engineered. On the face of it it's an action comedy, but at times it takes itself too seriously and it has plenty of violence but very little action.

The most entertaining part of the movie is the interplay between the characters full of ridiculously funny one liners and come back's. But it seems like the direction of these performances are somewhat lacking, every interaction within the first 45 minutes of the movie seems like the same regurgitated Laurel and Hardy routine.

It's an OK flick with some snappy dialogue but I feel like the Writer is trying to pull off a magic trick that's not as impressive as he thinks which kind of brings down the film as a whole. But I'd say it's still worth a watch.
½ March 13, 2017
Brilliant! First class cast and a plot as tight as a ***** ***** ***** (nope, not sure what that stands for either - but it's tight). Keeps you guessing all the way through to the end. Clever and entertaining dialogue throughout.
March 4, 2017
it was ok not the best
March 2, 2017
5 stars aside from visual editing (180 line broken, etc)
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 15, 2017
Good watch, but it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get used to the dialogue. It tries a bit too hard to be witty and cool but once you settle in it becomes fun. Hartnett, Willis, and Liu were all excellent in their performances.
January 10, 2017
Somewhat slow at parts and it was different than I expected. Good Though!
½ December 28, 2016
Quirky, yet entertaining. Stanley Tucci and Ben Kingsley are genius in their roles.
½ December 24, 2016
This movie confusing as hell!! I didn't like this movie at all !! It was good movie but crazy that it was two of them same guys the whole time. I think they were twins or maybe he went back in time. When they reveal an epic twist near the end , boy will it be an epic twist at the end that will leave you speachless!!! I really liked this movie a lot. There is an epic twist at the end that could leave you speechless . . . Or should I say, Slevin!! I didn't really understand this movie.
½ December 19, 2016
On the plus side: production values, interesting sets, photography, soundtrack, the "tone" of the film. On the negative side: Lucy Liu's character/performance was annoyingly unbelievable. It kept my interest for the most part. I was glad I saw it.
December 13, 2016
Decent movie. It was cheesy, which I didn't like. But, the ending was surprising. It was an okay movie, but not very memorable.
December 13, 2016
A Hell of a lot better than most of the stuff out there. It doesn't need to be time specific. All the actors are A+ and Lucy Liu is cute as a button.
½ December 11, 2016
2016-12-11 better than expected, sunopsis is wrong though. Lucy was good. Wallpaper was uniformly awful.
½ November 18, 2016
i love this movie a lot. great story. (5 viewings)
½ November 12, 2016
A stylish and clever brain teasy-thriller. Shame it wasn't clever enough to avoid all the cliches.
September 21, 2016
This is a lively great put together movie. With snappy dialog and a plot that will keep you guessing until the end. Highly recommended.
½ September 20, 2016
Great cast! I usually hate Josh Hartnett but he was ok here. There were a lot of humorous undertones and some cool twists.
September 11, 2016
Great story with good acting
September 3, 2016
Ever since the first chapter of the film, the movie kept going and deliver the goods. Great movie to watch with a lot of twist to figure out. With great performance by Josh Harrett, and Bruce Willis, and the entire cast as well. Great suspense and some good action scenes, this is the type of movie that keeps you in it from start to finish. So for this being one of the best films to come out this year... I give " Lucky Number Slevin " a B.