Lupin III: The First Reviews

• 3d ago

Stunning visuals, ost, plot. Everything came together to make this movie enjoyable and an overall good introduction to the world of Lupin III.

• Oct 27, 2020

One of the best Lupin films I have seen, really fun and really entertaining.

One of the best Lupin films I have seen, really fun and really entertaining.

• Oct 24, 2020

The 3D animation is positively breathtaking and captures the look and feel of Classic Lupin while driving it at full speed into the modern age of animation. The movie itself with its stylization, pacing, and at times delightfully aggressive silliness, along with Yuji Ohno's iconic music, feels like a loving tribute to and celebration of the beloved red jacket era, while the character of Laetitia brings in just enough of the Castle of Cagliostro vibe to give it a sense of class. If your watching in English, you'll have the further nostalgia of the old Pioneer/Geneon cast returning to the roles they seem meant to play, (with the exception of now retired Dan Lorge as Inspector Zenigata, now played by Doug Erholtz). If you're a Lupin fan you can't miss this one. If you're not, this may just win you over.

• Oct 23, 2020

With the action of Raiders of the Arc and the animation quality of Pixar and Dreamworks, Lupin III: The First is a clever perfect film with a clever story, Surprising perfect computer animation, and a cast of charming and memorable characters. This is a film I highly recommend for fans of both Lupin III and who love The Castle of Cagliostro. I give this film a 5/5 (10/10) rating for a very clever and perfect Lupin III movie.

• Oct 22, 2020

Highly recommend you see this! Set in the 60s sometime, Lupin and Co. go on an adventure that's only comparable to films like Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark and the James Bond franchise.

• Oct 22, 2020

A very smart, crowd-pleasing rendition of Lupin III. They definitely played it safe with all the lovable aspects of Lupin and the gang. Would love to see more films in line with the tone of Lupin III parts 4 and 5, as well as Jigen's Gravestone and The Bloodspray of Ishikawa Goemon.

• Oct 21, 2020

Was iffy about the transition to cg, but the characters looked great. Story wasn't groundbreaking, but was a fun ride with lots of great action.

• Oct 19, 2020

To summarize this movie has the best 3D animation and soundtrack from any movie i've seen, and I almost only watch animated movies I only wish the movie had more Jigen, Goemon, and Fujiko shenanigans! This films strongest qualities are its soundtrack that remasters of the best songs from Lupin III since the 1970's, it's pure and wonderful jazz. And the animation, they've given Lupin a brand new look and he's move lively than ever, I wasn't bored from a moment watching this movie. It keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next hijinx and laughs it has to give you! I've seen all of the lupin the third movies and tv specials, this one is the best but at the same time when it comes to story it doesn't stand out. Lupin movies have a formula, Lupin goes to steal something has to solve a puzzle and face a bad guy. And usually there's a new character that is Lupin's love interest. I just would've preferred something new a plot more like how the gang first met and got together and their backstories, that would've been really cool to see. That doesn't change that's it's still the best Lupin III movie and my new favorite film. Looking forward to seeing it again on the 21st I definitely think it's worth watching even if you've never heard of Lupin III.

• Oct 19, 2020

Easily one of the most under underrated movies of the year. Amazing soundtrack and intro, clean animation and good writing. I only critique is that it should have been longer.

• Oct 09, 2020

This movie captured the spirit and hilarity of older lupin movies and although i was worried about the use of 3D animation it really worked in the movies favour!