Mahanati Reviews

• Sep 11, 2019

Savitri was a stunning actress of her times. Her life and her generosity and her conviction over here screenplay as an actor was something always worth a watch. She took the Telugu film industry by storm. Her expressiveness and her beauty made people fall in love with her. No one could keep a count on how many autographs she signed all her life. But alas, a falling marriage and a failing film career resulted her great downfall as a woman, as a mother, as a pioneer. After living a luxurious life, a glorious character in her own right died an infamous death. This is a mainstream film with smarts. The reason why it is the best Non-Hindi film I've seen this year lies in the fact that it doesn't demoralize and create sensation about her downfall, and plays its notes with utmost sincerity and conviction. The film has people on top of their craft. And after Deepika Padukone and Kangana Ranaut in 'Piku' and 'Tanu weds Manu Returns' have I seen such an amazing, beautiful and effective performance by an actress. And after so long has Telugu cinema got such a layered biopic. For me, it ranks right up there with 'Iruvar'. A pleasurable film, in every sense of word. Not only is it poetic and charming, it also offers a fresh observation, something Indian biopics are ultimately accused of never having.

• Jan 04, 2019

Keerthi Suresh did an incredible portrayal of Legendary Savitri Garu from 50's Indian Cinema.The movie is so moving and the way the highs and lows are shown is so enigmatic.This movie alongside 96 would clearly be the winner for 2018 for me.

• Jun 29, 2018

i havent seen any savitri movie(To which The biopic is made),But the actress in movie had so realistic and natural

• Jun 03, 2018

A story of "Mahanati" beautifully narrated by Nag Ashwin, making it feel like 173 minutes is just a number. Kudos to the lead actress Keerthy Suresh for her performance she literally got underneath the skin of Savitri garu. The movie has depths of emotion, love,courage and wisdom which are all brought together by Mickey's music.

• May 24, 2018

MagnumOpusupercalifragilisticexpialidocious !!!!! Best BIOPIC that would outlast the fame of Indian Actress Savitri and increase respect towards TFI ... Top ,best and most Worth watching Telugu Movie in 2018

• May 18, 2018

Great movie. Almost perfect. Classic.

Great movie. Almost perfect. Classic.

• May 13, 2018

Mahanati is a visually and emotionally engaging biopic on the life of yesterday actress Savitri. It encompasses the life and career of the artiste in poetic style and reveals the bitter truth and irony behind a glamorous facade. Our ancient scriptures speaks of heroism and Godly acts, and also how the frailty of a person leads to perdition. The movie draws parallels to this human nature and each character has their persona well crafted. The line from the Avengers movie 'There is grace in their failings' kept popping in my mind as I was watching this movie. Though many movies were made based on the Titanic, the one that we remember is the James Cameron's movie. It revolves around the love that blossoms on the ship and not the ship itself. Likewise this movie too revolves around the adorable intimacy between Samantha and Vijay. Taking on the roles of such extraordinary actors is a huge challenge and the cast has done a tremendous job. Samantha's innocence is adorable and Vijay's role is quite the contrary to his famed role in Arjun Reddy. Dulquer has raised the bar substantially with his performance as 'Gemini Ganesan'. Performance was effortless and his debonair-ish charm shines through. Keerthy Suresh has transformed into a top class actor with her role as 'Savitri'. Scintillating performance and her versatility in emotions leaves us spell bound. The authenticity to the time periods when the events take place is commendable. The fashion and automobiles in this movie makes one romanticize with the yesteryear. Cinematography is brilliant, the hues and tones make it look right out of the 80s. Music is engaging and also relevant to the times. Although our grandparents have watched the artist during her prime years, the director has ensured that even few generations later the relevance is intact. A dazzling star indeed!