All the Boys Love Mandy Lane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane Reviews

October 22, 2016
i really enjoyed this. the twists were a tiny bit over the top, but it successfully captured that "90s teen horror flick" vibe i love. it TRIED to be smarter than that, but it was good/raw enough that none of that was all that crucial (plus, it didn't really bother me either). a strangely good flick that spent years in limbo. take my thumb, it's up!
September 27, 2016
Nothing special. Ending is cool.
September 4, 2016
The twist near the end help but at it's best this is a slight horror movie....slight scares and slight tension.
½ July 30, 2016
The best thing about All The Boys Love Mandy Lane is the soundtrack and the way some of the songs are used to create mood. Otherwise this teen slasher offering from director Jonathan Levine employs familiar elements such as alpha male jocks pursuing scantily clad hotties, flirtations with lesbianism, and attempts to keep the audience guessing about what is going on, all with lukewarm results.
March 22, 2016
Disappointing, but if you are a hardcore Amber Heard fan then you should love it.
½ December 11, 2015
an hour and 10 mins of typical awful horror movie plot followed by "what the fuck just happened?"
October 29, 2015
All the Boys Love Mandy Lane
October 27, 2015
Typical teen slasher. Nothing new
October 6, 2015
Lmfao it has everything: crazy guys, drugs, and hookers getting killed with huge saws. What else could be better? 5/5
½ October 4, 2015
Mediocre at best, but this could have been worse. At least this film tries to be decent, and throws a couple of twists into the mix. That being said, not even an interesting take on horror cliches can save a movie if it's a clumsy mess to begin with.
September 5, 2015
a group of high-schoolers on a weekend party on a secluded ranch invite the Good girl to the party but all is not what it seems
July 31, 2015
Sick movie. I dug it but wouldn't watch it over and over. Amber Heard was great in this.
½ July 21, 2015
Mandy Lane runs into many horror cliches and, despite an interesting twist, doesn't do enough to stand out from the legions of other slashers. [C+]
July 11, 2015
Decent enough slasher flick. Not much new is being offered, but it is competently filmed and written.
June 29, 2015
Amber heard I believe is a real talent. Besides that, this film is no more than a b horror film that has been told many times by a mish mash of different directors and played by some of the best actresses. Other than that this Mandy Lane is weak retelling of the pretty girl every guy wants set in a saclutted house with idiot friends that die off one by one. Weak plot and even weaker supporting cast. Nothing good here.
June 27, 2015
Lazy and uninspired, All the Boys Love Mandy Lane is a pretty rote horror film. Amber Heard stars as Mandy Lane, a seemingly innocent high school girl who's invited to join a group of her classmates for a weekend at a country house; but soon after they get there a mysterious killer starts picking them off one-by-one. It's all rather standard slasher stuff; however it's a light on gore and violence. And the performances aren't really that great, though Heard does fairly well with what she's given. All the Boys Love Mandy Lane isn't so much a bad movie as it's generic and predictable.
June 23, 2015
A excellent throwback to 70īs horror flicks. Hot chicks, drunk dudes and a nice surprising story. Well worth watching
June 8, 2015
I think, as a sexist, had any other actress been cast in the title role of Mandy, I wouldn't be as enamored with this pretty standard slasher. I mean, Helen Keller bumped into Amber and was like "You go girlfriend, your skin is flawless." As a movie freak however, I am incredibly impressed with her performance as an actress. I have a huge soft spot for blonde bombshell screen princesses. Especially ones who take advantage and use their skill to throw a monkey wrench right in entire concept of "type casting". Sure she's gorgeous and has a body that makes mo's turn to the fairer sex, but she's got chops to back it up. She plays apathetic, and aloof in a brilliant way that leads me to believe that if in real life Amber were to be stalked by a serial killer she'd probably just be like "whatevs". Pair her stunning performance with a masterfully executed prologue scene featuring one of my favorite tunes from Bedroom Walls and an over all good time teen-angsty, penis envy, self conscious thriller and you've got a solid Friday night make out movie. Am I surprised it didn't win any gold statues? No. Will I be surprised if in ten years teens aren't discovering this and reveling in the glory of flip phones and a by-gone era of having to steal beer and need I mention the whip-its? Absolutely. Amber Heard is a Nev Campbell for the iPad generation.
June 7, 2015
It wasn't that good,but the ending was just shocking.
April 7, 2015
Finally being released after how many years?