Manos: The Hands of Fate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Manos: The Hands of Fate Reviews

½ April 22, 2017
A boring film with poor sound, horrible acting, bad dialogue and sluggish pacing. I'm glad Mystery Science Theater exists.
½ April 2, 2017
Probably one of the worst movies ever. It made a good Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode though.
½ March 23, 2017
Decided to watch one of Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes on Netflix. They ran this movie called Manos: The Hands of Fate. My god, it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was so unbearable and painful to watch that my eyes actually bled.
½ March 21, 2017
What can be said about this nonsense. Bad everything.
½ March 20, 2017
I would love a choice of ZERO star for this. they say its the worst film in the world and boy they are not lying lol. it was painfully and watching it through MST-3K made it just bearable cos there no way I could make it through unfiltered. bloody dreadful, not even worthy of so-bad-it-so-good list.
½ December 18, 2016
Why Ed Wood is the worst director of all time if cinema had Harold Warren creator of one of the worst movies ever (and of me the worst film in the world beside Hobogoblins). Manos an indulgent error and a very funny involuntary comedy.
December 13, 2016
minus 5 stars!!!!!!!
½ December 11, 2016
Horrifically slow and nonsensical, it's hardly even so bad that it's good.
½ November 23, 2016
Awful, just Awful. Worst movie I have ever seen. Would recommend. Everyone should experience this.
November 19, 2016
One of the BEST WORST films ever! The plot really makes no sense, the acting is bad, editing is atrocious, and the camerawork is bleh! However the involuntary comedy makes this an enjoyable, especially if your watching the MST3K version! And of course TORGO!!
November 13, 2016
The one and only thing that makes this movie tolerable is watching it get mocked on MST3K. Crow and Servo make this hilarious. Otherwise, Manos on its own is horrible. There's no real plot or storyline to speak of, hideous acting and a completely meaningless catfight. This movie is unquestionably the worst movie ever made. The only way this movie should ever be watched is on MST3K, otherwise it's totally unbearable.
November 1, 2016
Even Mystery Science Theater 3000 had a hard time instilling any value into this movie.
October 28, 2016
In the not to distant future... next Sunday, A.D. There was a guy named Joel, not too different from you or me... ugh, I can't even finish the theme song. This movie is just awful.
October 17, 2016
MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE is a film that looks like it was made by a know-nothing who lost a bet. Apparently- this was actually the case. Often cited as the worst movie ever made (and this may be true), this movie is pure cinema-going torture- it is not even really that unintentionally funny- it's just ridiculously annoying.
½ September 11, 2016
It's times like this when the famous phrase from AVGN, which is "a shit load of fuck" is very appropriate. I mean, what has humanity come to, how could we have let shit like this to be made. It's awful, it's disgusting. Everything in this pic is an utter failure, the dialogue is barely audible, the screenplay is shit, the story makes no sense and the acting is awful, there ain't a single line of dialogue in this movie that doesn't sound fake. I pity MST3K for having to watch this shit stain. It makes Zombie Apocalypse (2011) and The Giant Spider Invasion (1977), mashed up together, look like Citizen Kane. And y'all know what's even worse? There's, apparently, going to be a sequel in production, called "Manos Return", but in the name of shitty shit, is it really necessary, no it ain't. Not recommended at all.
August 26, 2016
I'll never understand why people like Plan 9 but hate Manos. This film was justly shunned in its day as a horror film, but unjustly ignored as accidental comedy even then. The lore surrounding this film is also of note: suicidal actors, striking camera crews, over-dubbing every single line, etc. The accidental visual comedy never relents in this absurdly conceived and misunderstood classic of bad cinema.
July 19, 2016
This is a bad but harmless movie, made by committed people with little resources who tried their best. There are lots of enjoyable directing and technical errors. There are also unintentionally awkward moments in which the characters stare at each other to create a dramatic effect but end up looking like they don't know what to do.
½ July 18, 2016
Disclaimer: I watched this movie through Mystery Science Theater. However, out of all the movies MST has used, Manos was by far the most boring. There were some ideas and scenes that could have been quite entertaining, but the execution of said ideas was very lacking. From the acting to the cinematography, this movie was not done well at all.
July 4, 2016
Rated the worst movie of all time requires a watch! MST3K version makes it great.
½ June 30, 2016
It's just bad and not funny bad or with some kind of historical interest. Just that. Bad and boring. I just gave it 1/2 star because now I use it for a "... ok, but it's not "Manos bad, is it?" kind of rating.