Maria Full of Grace Reviews

• Jun 28, 2020

Not my taste story-wise but Moreno is so good you can't look away.

Not my taste story-wise but Moreno is so good you can't look away.

• May 18, 2020

It was intriguing and very realistic. Couldn't keep my eyes off of the screen the whole time wondering what will go wrong and how things will turn out. Turns out Maria is full of hope and courage after all.

• Mar 29, 2020

Shows the real human cost of drugs. There is one screen that is jaw droopingly tense. Hollywood would die to make a film half as good as this

• Feb 19, 2020

Precisely, this is the kind of movie to think about who are the characters that the actors represent: people who hit bottom and don't think of anything to lose.

• Jul 21, 2019

One of the best movies I've seen in a while.

One of the best movies I've seen in a while.

• May 05, 2019

Un viaje por el rostro humano del trafico de drogas, lleva a Catalina Sandino al borde de un personaje desesperado y manipulado por la necesidad de progresar de manera facil en la vida, es un retrato crudo y esplendido que deja aires de melancolia por doquier.

• Dec 06, 2018

I know this is an empathetic piece about the hardships of a drug mule, it's meaningful, and the actress does a great job. But, when I flip through movies I've seen before to rewatch on a rainy day, this one gets a big "nope." The words HUGE DRAG come to mind. Sorry.

• Nov 19, 2018

Maria Full of Grace is about as straightforward as you can get when you’re making a movie about the ins-and-outs of young Colombian women who volunteer to be drug mules. I kept thinking there was going to be something more to the story, but other than a slight problem along the way the film is almost like a documentary. Maria Full of Grace seems to be a movie built to just inform the audience what it’s like being a drug mule. It was interesting and informative, but lacked the kind of personal connection that I was hoping to feel. I liked Maria as a character, because she seemed very smart and capable. When things started to go bad I expected she had another plan up her sleeve or she would make some bold move that would shock me. It was disappointing to find that she didn’t truly know what she was doing most of the time. However, Maria Full of Grace is a solid film because it feels authentic and honest. While I never fell in love with the characters and didn’t get fully invested in them, I was not bored with the story and I appreciated the ending.

• Jul 10, 2018

Don't let the synopsis scare you away, the movie is much less harrowing than the average CSI episode. Moreover, it is made with a simple realism, and in the end it is the story of a woman's emancipation.

• Mar 04, 2017

Maria Full of Grace's piercing and honest script along with Catalina Sandino Moreno's stunning debut combine to deliver a harrowing and deglamorized depiction of the underworld of drugs.