Marshall Reviews

• Aug 22, 2019

An important History for today's dog whistle ignorance...

An important History for today's dog whistle ignorance...

• Aug 15, 2019

Terrific movie, based on a true-story, about Fmr US Supreme Court Justice, Civil Rights Champion and National Hero, Thurgood Marshall! Great directing and presentation even though the outcome was quite predictable. Recommended to all!

• Jul 18, 2019

Didn't think I was going to like this film, but it was a nice surprise. It really isn't a biopic at all, as it focuses on one particular case that holds your attention from start to finish. Good stuff

• Jul 09, 2019

Thurgood Marshall was the first African-American Supreme Court Justice and choosing to dramatise one of his first cases, State of Connecticut v. Joseph Spell, about an an African-American chauffeur accused of raping his white employer feels like a choice guilty of prioritising sensationalism over his other more monumental court victories, albeit well-acted and well-made.

• Jun 07, 2019

Such an incredible story and journey. A much needed reminder in this crazy political climate of how lucky we are to have life so easy in 2019.

• Mar 03, 2019

Excellent character development. Smart writing and well directed. I was engaged and invested very early. Simply moving.

• Feb 18, 2019

Marshall is an impressively vivid and emotionally engaging portrayal of this leading light in the Civil Rights Movement.

• Dec 31, 2018

For fans of legal, courtroom films, like the great Anatomy of a Murder (1959), this is definitely one to watch. It's maybe not as good, but it delivers some very strong performances by Chadwick Boseman, Josh Gad and Sterling K. Brown. Apart from being inspirational and bold, this movie is also good at shocking us a rough and daring time in American history. The cinematography is well done, the score is also very appropriate, but what's even more fascinating is that it's all based on a true case and true people. And overall, Marshall, is an ,unfortunately, neglected legal film gem, and is entertaining. Recommended!!

• Ed K Super Reviewer
    Dec 27, 2018

solid, but maybe just a bit slow

solid, but maybe just a bit slow

• Dec 18, 2018

Thurgood Marshall's Spell case catapulted him into the lawyer that ended school segregation and landed him on the supreme court. The court room movie is good - engaging and insightful to a time many of our generation have forgotten about.