Marshall Reviews

• Nov 19, 2019

Stupid racist move vomiting in my mouth.

Stupid racist move vomiting in my mouth.

• Nov 09, 2019

I loved this movie. Despite Thurgood Marshall's fame, Marshall had a unique plotline that is generally unfamiliar to viewers. What really engrossed me was the intricacies of daily life at the time; how Marshall was discriminated against and needed a white man to be his proxy in court for this specific case, how the relationship between a high class white woman and a lower class black man was so stigmatized, how the southern juror turned out to be very open minded indeed and a stalwart of justice for the case. It explores racism and race issues in a somewhat indirect way through the perspective of the post-Civil War era, at a time when reconstruction has already occurred but discrimination is still rampant and challenges for African Americans are everywhere.

• Sep 26, 2019

This film was a bit surprising, I did not think this film was going to be as good as I thought it was. It’s not perfect but it’s somewhere between a 3.5-4, but I’m going to keep it to my normal scoring. Bozeman and Gad were so good together but the one who really stole the show was Sterling Brown, anytime he was on the screen I was glued.

• Aug 22, 2019

An important History for today's dog whistle ignorance...

An important History for today's dog whistle ignorance...

• Aug 15, 2019

Terrific movie, based on a true-story, about Fmr US Supreme Court Justice, Civil Rights Champion and National Hero, Thurgood Marshall! Great directing and presentation even though the outcome was quite predictable. Recommended to all!

• Jul 18, 2019

Didn't think I was going to like this film, but it was a nice surprise. It really isn't a biopic at all, as it focuses on one particular case that holds your attention from start to finish. Good stuff

• Jul 09, 2019

Thurgood Marshall was the first African-American Supreme Court Justice and choosing to dramatise one of his first cases, State of Connecticut v. Joseph Spell, about an an African-American chauffeur accused of raping his white employer feels like a choice guilty of prioritising sensationalism over his other more monumental court victories, albeit well-acted and well-made.

• Jun 07, 2019

Such an incredible story and journey. A much needed reminder in this crazy political climate of how lucky we are to have life so easy in 2019.

• Mar 03, 2019

Excellent character development. Smart writing and well directed. I was engaged and invested very early. Simply moving.

• Feb 18, 2019

Marshall is an impressively vivid and emotionally engaging portrayal of this leading light in the Civil Rights Movement.