Marshall Reviews

• 4d ago

Good biopic of an important, but not well-known, case in Thurgood Marshall's career. This was the first case involving a racist accusation of a black man in a Northern state. It is an engrossing portrayal of a case that goes beyond a standard courtroom drama.

• Feb 19, 2021

Great movie, especially if you like courtroom dramas. Chadwick was great and it was interesting to see Sterling Brown in a "different" role.

• Jan 30, 2021

One more glimpse into the ongoing struggle for racial justice. For me this movie focused too much on this single trial, without obvious significance.

• Jan 28, 2021

Excellent true story with a good cast that was powerful and gripping towards civil rights movement

• Jan 09, 2021

Awesome movie! I actually contemplated watching, but I'm truly glad I did. I think it is a great film for anyone to see. The idea of racism has dwindled for so long and sadly even in today's world it's evident. We have to view each other as a people and not by their color to better our world. The history in this movie was a great depiction and definitely is relevant even for today. A great lesson for the kids and a eye opener for all!

• Jan 04, 2021

La trama es muy buena y entretenida, además, las interpretaciones son excelentes; la recomiendo mucho.

• Nov 02, 2020

The film focused on one case mainly. I was hoping to see more of his career on screen. There was so much more of his career that was neglected. We never see him argue before the Supreme Court or ascend to the Supreme Court. I was glad to see his acumen on display, but it felt too small compared to how grand his entire career actually was. Also... the night club scene was too hammy. I want to add that the actor who played his boss in the NAACP looked more like Thurgood Marshall in real life. Perhaps the casting was based on name recognition and acting skill.

• Oct 10, 2020

Marshall is like a Lifetime TV movie, but extra boring. There are endless courtroom scenes, none of the characters are compelling, and the writing is bland and colorless.

• Oct 05, 2020

Marshall is a dull courtroom drama whose worthy subject matter does not lift it above mediocrity. Life is too short for movies this boring.

• Sep 09, 2020

Very similar To Kill a Mockingbird, except the defense lawyer is an African-American. A must watch.