The Matrix Reloaded - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Reloaded Reviews

November 25, 2017
This sequel in itself is not bad. The bad part is that it heavily relies on CGI which were awful back then. Now it looks like an animated film at times. If the original film is a film for all time, its sequels won't be remembered or appreciated. Though this first sequel has really exciting scenes, like the chase sequence and in particular the fight in a car between Morpheus and of the twins.
November 24, 2017
A pretty okay sequel, that is kinda decent to the good original film, but with the Wachowski's constantly beating you over the head with post modern philosophy, and smartass dialogue, the film loses you from trying to connect with it's plot and context. Plenty of eye candy, but brain dead storytelling!
October 31, 2017
The 2 stars are for the action scenes. Storyline seemed to be written by The Architect. Confusing.
October 23, 2017
The Matrix Reloaded: While not as thought provoking and intellegently flawed of its last predessesor Matrix Reloaded offers plenty of action without sacraficing story over effects and is as entertaining as its predeccsor.
October 15, 2017
The Matrix Reloaded being not as good as it's predecessor lacking some of the heady themes but is still amazing! Great performances are still given by the whole cast with lot's of action and fantastic popcorn friendly thrills! The Wachowski Brothers successfully make an amazing sequel almost as good as the first Matrix and is definitely enjoyable
½ October 14, 2017
I look at this film after all these years and question the intent of the filmmakers. On the side of positive, the action and returning cast are still impressive and the ending scene could've been an epic conclusion. The biggest issue with the film is the big ambition with setting up the storyline for the finale film, introducing a love interest for Morpheous and keeping Agent Smith as the central villain of the series, granted he was good in the first but this slowly grows mind numbing. The script is full of exposition and for Neo being the one, he doesn't know all that much about the world he is suppose to rule. This film came out when people looked at films as a trilogy when this film should have explored Neo being the one, I feel like the film is always on the back foot, explaining everything because the filmmakers chose this path. It feels like a 20 year sequel, explaining past events and it struggles with maintaining a consistent beat, the fight before he meets the Oracle is just an excuse for more kung-fu and the dialogue between the 2 actors is horrible. The film is a missed opportunity at creating an action packed series and followup to the more critically successful original. The series gets worse with the next film but you can't help but feel annoyed with this movie, it had endless possibilities and Warner Bros had faith in the filmmakers, just look at Jupiter's Ascending. The video game was a better story than this film, this was a giant cash cow that crashed the franchise into the ground. This series became a blockbuster series when the original film was a dark world with a distinct tone. The filmmakers tried something odd when they should have focused on the one movie first, these back to back productions have mixed results. The Lord of the Rings worked because they had a novel course direction as the blueprint, this film relied on the filmmakers who shortened fans with a general lack of ambition.20-08-2017.
½ October 13, 2017
NOBODY will ever rate this sequel higher than the original but it had some fantastic scenes. The plot of the entire trilogy seemed to get off track in this movie which had a little too much CGI and seemed to try a little too hard although it was light years better than the dreadful 3rd chapter of the Matrix trilogy.
October 7, 2017
It looks so cool and I will be the first man to ever find out what that dude is saying.
September 23, 2017
A worthy sequel packed with action heavy thrills and a surprising amount of narrative left, even if it does not uphold its predecessor's intelligent flaws. But is versatile enough to stand on its own turf.
September 10, 2017
I didn't get much out of it, but was still fairly decent.
September 2, 2017
Not as best as the first one, The Matrix Reloaded is still a successful sequel in the trilogy. Yet again, the awesome battles, the strong plot and characters, and the cool slow motion scenes are still there and are still a lot of fun to watch.
½ August 12, 2017
It fails to live up to the high bar set by the original, but Reloaded is one of the most underrated movie sequels of all time. It delves a little too much into the confusing and convoluted themes that plague Revolutions, but the most of the action is still fantastic, especially the freeway chase. My only major complaint is that all the action involving Neo has become boring since he's basically unbeatable. As long as you can forgive that, The Matrix Reloaded is a very good film that simply fails to live up to the first Matrix.
August 7, 2017
Love the special effects. Solid action.
½ July 28, 2017
A rare sequel that's able to stand in its own even if its not as spectacular as part 1. Still reloaded is a classic and can be enjoyed in more than one viewing. The best scene still in my opinion is the freeway chase as many films that follow cant quite measure up to its intensity. Alot of cool elements and memorable moments makes reloaded worth the expansion on the first film which really didnt need a part 2 but did so anyways in good form as it doesnt feel forced or far fetched.
½ July 22, 2017
An extremely weak sequel, full of dated special effects, and some wooden acting. Sad to see such a fantastic movie, get such a sub par sequel..
½ July 18, 2017
The Matrix: Reloaded is the sequel to the film that made us all wonder if the whole world we know is just a dream. No matter how much they try, it's impossible to match up to the impact of the original. You can only have an idea that original once. The Matrix: Reloaded isn't bad, though.
So let me start by saying, the first act of this movie is not what fans of the first Matrix would expect. It's very slow and not exciting. However, it's not too bad because it does set up something later in the film at one point. This was something I really liked about the movie: It had a prophecy type thing going on, where we see something at the beginning and we slowly build up to that point through out the movie. Some films and TV shows pull this off well, and others don't. And this movie does an okay job. It's not as interesting as other ones I've seen. It was still something I liked about the movie. Like I said, the first act of this movie isn't great, but the second and final make up for it and have more of what fans expect. Ultimately, I walked out of the movie satisfied, although during the first act I wasn't feeling so confident about this sequel.
This movie also had a lot more of what fans of the series loved about the first one: great action sequences and stunning special effects. This movie had really ahead of its time CG effects. Other movies at this time didn't have this yet. And the action sequences are also great. The one most people complain about in this movie wasn't even bad. The Agent fighting scene isn't very unrealistic or cartoony - or its at least as uncartoony as a guy who basically has super powers fighting a bunch of clones of one person is gonna get.
Overall, The Matrix: Reloaded is less memorable and sometimes very different from its predecessor, but it has similar amazing action scenes and groundbreaking special effects. While the first act isn't great, the second and final make up for it. There's nothing inherently bad about this sequel, it's just a great sci-fi action movie and isn't really much more.
June 26, 2017
Watched copies threw out ...now got real thang. Gonna see it...
½ June 24, 2017
The Matrix Reloaded serves as an acceptable sequel albeit lacking fresh ideas that is more than willing to settle on prolonged and slightly tedious action sequences and focusing on the quantity of enemies and martial arts moves than their quality. I feel The Matrix Reloaded did both a "How to do an Action Movie" with the Chateau scene with Neo fighting the random guys with weapons like knives and swords where it depends more on timing, strategy, critical thinking and speed and the "How NOT to do an Action Movie" which was Neo fighting an entire army of hundreds of Agent Smiths, it gets tedious and the outcome seems very predictable.
June 6, 2017
This is my favorite in the series
June 2, 2017
The opening scene with Trinity is awesome! The rest of the movie is just good. I like the artistry and fx of the fight and chase scenes, but they literally feel like they take up half of the movie. The plot barely exists around those scenes. I love the way Morpheus walks with his arms behind his back, and I love, love, love the Oracle, but they are way overshadowed by the endless fight scenes. Also, I don't like it when movies end the way this one does. Even if it's in a series, I think a movie should be able to also stand alone. Though, when a movie ends with a Dave Matthews Band song, it's alright in my book!