The Matrix Reloaded - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Reloaded Reviews

March 25, 2017
Don't care what ANYONE says, I love this movie!!
March 25, 2017
liked more than the first. this is a shallow movie the philosophy was always crap.
March 20, 2017
Apart from the excellent scene on the highway, there isn't any other reason to watch this film (unless the droll & unintelligent dialogue between Neo & The Architect amuses you as it does me). Terribly pointless & cardboard in many aspects, especially the cast who themselves don't seem to have much faith in the material.
March 5, 2017
Great movie... i love all three movies...
March 5, 2017
Doubling down on the action and mind-bending thrills, Reloaded is not as fresh as its predecessor, but it is a welcome return for our favorite martial arts saviors, who wear sunglasses in their spare time in virtual reality.
March 1, 2017
Rating: 81%
It won't win over any newcomers to the franchise, nor will it satisfy every single fan, but the Matrix Reloaded still retains the signature visuals and relevant themes that made the first so enjoyable.
February 26, 2017
Gone is the originality and eerie sense of the unknown from the original, and in with the Hollywood formula of style over substance. The Matrix is undeniably a visually appealing movie- and Reloaded does continue that trait. The action is just as well choreographed as the first, and the highway chase scene is one of the most daring chase scenes in movies. The story, however, takes a noticeable dip in quality and distances us from the character of Neo. It no longer feels like we're discovering this new world of "reality" and virtual world with him, but instead watching him on a TV. It's overcomplicated, which makes the 140 minutes (the same length as the first) seem longer than it should. It's an unnecessary sequel.
½ February 17, 2017
For me, it was more like Matrix Regurgitated. For what it's worth, I am not like some huge fan of the original, though I do think it was a good movie and I've seen it probably 3 times or so over the years. But this one...yikes. I haven't seen it since it was in theaters 13 years ago, so I probably can't give too many specifics at this point, but I just remember these long, obscure speeches by Fishburne that seemed to ramble and make little or no sense...and then there was this excessively long highway chase scene that never seemed to end. I am not even exaggerating to say I dozed off a little in the middle of that scene, which was the most action-packed of the movie, because of how tedious it got after a while. I've seen a lot of movies in my time, and this is among my least favorite.
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 30, 2017
Matrix recargado es una obra que muestra una historia grandiosa como su predecesora, es un ejemplo de como reunir y utilizar los recursos fílmicos de la época
January 16, 2017
I love this movie it is action packed and filled with great slow motion fight scenes! It makes the watcher use his/hers mind also. A great movie!
January 12, 2017
A pretty okay sequel, that is kinda decent to the good original film, but with the Wachowski's constantly beating you over the head with post modern philosophy, and smartass dialogue, the film loses you from trying to connect with it's plot and context. Plenty of eye candy, but brain dead storytelling!
½ January 12, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Al parecer en esta película se preocuparon más por las escenas de acción (que por momentos parece cómica), en vez del desarrollo de la historia, la cual nos deja con una sazón de disgusto con la abierta conclusión que nos hace esperar una tercera entrega.
½ January 4, 2017
Should be called "The Matrix Overloaded". Unfortunately the main cast in this un-required sequel seem so self aware of their straight-faced performances that they feel less authentic this time around. The script is too complex at times and kind of dull and uninteresting at others. The action is overblown and much less emotionally impactful. Despite these shortcomings the movie does manage to be entertaining and is clearly well made. It's perhaps 15 minutes too long and overall it's an OK sequel if not a particularly necessary one.
October 30, 2016
161030: What's with the extended party scene near the beginning? Is that supposed to be cool? This film proves that more of a good thing does not mean a better thing (that includes my favourite Agent Smith). Even with its endless action and special effects, found I could just care less about this chapter. And worse, it's to be continued.
October 1, 2016
Quite a bit more flawed than its progenitor, but it introduces some clever new elements and twists into the universe. It struggles not to become one bloated action sequence in the middle, and the effects are little rougher.
September 25, 2016
This film was really great! It developed the story well and expanded it beyond the self contained story of part 1. It added more character and color to the world. It's not as great as part 1, but what could be, by it stands up well on its own and has a few very memorable scenes in the annals of film history. The fight scene in the courtyard between Neo and all the Smiths, the car chase scene, and Neo stopping all the bullets again. I still remember taking the bus to go see this in theaters on the day it came out. Good memories.
September 17, 2016
2016.. Only just watched! Enjoyed.
½ September 7, 2016
A worthy sequel to a great movie.
½ August 23, 2016
This movie tries out too many idea's and is basically just mostly silly. For instance, Neo having to kiss a girl in front of his Trinity is almost kindergarden material. The many sideplots, which include politics, sideprogrammes within the Matrix and the choices of crewmembers, don't really work, because they fail to convey any felt emotion or significance. The movie would have been better with a few less plotlines. You start to care less and less about the characters as the movie progresses, because it all seems so useless and dull. It also doesn't help that apparently, this is the seventh Neo in about one hundred years, according to the architect of almost as many Matrixes. It makes you just care less.

On the positive side, the movie really shows much more of the world of humans as the previous movie did, and this was sometimes kind of cool. It takes guts to show you this other world and it paid off. Also, the actionscenes were well-done and actually original. Still, for me, this movie was horrible to watch and therefore gets only 2,5 stars from me.