Meet The Patels Reviews

• Feb 05, 2018

How wonderful. Racist, controlling parents, a mama's boy who attempted to break out from under their yoke, and the end leads the audience to believe he did and they accepted OH THE HUMANITY 'a white girl' (their racist words). But the movie forgot the P.S. he dumped Audrey and married...........wait for it, you know what's coming.........a Patel, and made Mummy and Daddy (very rich by the way) berry berry happy.

• Dec 30, 2017

Culturally interesting piece about a first generation Indian-American and the issue of arranged marriage.. I saw it this evening on PBS and was more pleasantly surprised by it than I expected to be.

• Dec 28, 2017

A light hearted but riveting comedy involving culture clashes and relationships/beliefs between different generations.

• Mar 11, 2017

Definitely more to understand, enjoy and disagree with for a Gujarati like me. Good real life documentary which could not have had more charming characters even if they had tried.

• Dec 27, 2016

This! Watch it and love it! Hug it if you want!

This! Watch it and love it! Hug it if you want!

• Dec 27, 2016

12/27/16 PBS Independent Lens Funny, charming, culturally educational and entertaining. This is a good look at Indian culture, parental encouragement and the arranged marriage environment. Ravi is very likable and his parents, particularly his dad are a hoot.

• Nov 30, 2016

This wouldn't work if not for Ravi's charm and his family's endearing eccentricity. There's universally relatable thoughts here about love, marriage, and the desire for both. I was unfamiliar with some of the cultural aspects on display, which made it even more interesting for me personally.

• Sep 20, 2016

As an event coordinator who does a lot of Indian Weddings I found this documentary to be absolutely fantastic!! I learned so much about their wedding culture and it was great to see it from an Indian American who also didn't know too much about their traditions. I give this movie an A++

• Aug 31, 2016

Meet the Patels ends up being much more than a movie about a guy going out on dates. It's about shifting identities, parental expectations and trying to hold on to a life raft of tradition in a swirling sea of change. And it's pretty funny, too.

• Aug 22, 2016

When you watch a movie that you can relate to...yeah, that feels bloody awesome! ??