MFKZ Reviews

• Oct 05, 2019

The animation style in this is unlike any animated movie ive ever seen, Great cameo role from the RZA but could included him in leenos storyline fresh 5 stars

• Sep 25, 2019

Underrated and amazing film. You should seriously watch this! It's super entertaining and beautifully animated.

• Sep 01, 2019

The very definition of style over substance, ‘MFKZ' applies Japanese animation company Studio 4°C's wicked style (with a little influence from the original comics by Guillaume "Run" Renard) to a fantastically detailed world-design that is a mish-mash of some of the more ghetto-like areas in the Americas. The script, on the other hand, is a mess. It's all over the place with too much going on and too many characters involved, meaning hardly anyone gets enough screen-time or enough of a backstory to make us care for them or to make them interesting. The result is something that had potential and is very cool to look at, but is ultimately meaningless and leaves you feeling nothing, like there wasn't really a point to it all.

• Jul 21, 2019

I thought this movie was great! It leaves a possibility for a 2nd movie.. Also, I dont understand the hate for the movie. I thought it was well written and animated and is definitely a cult classic for me

• Jul 18, 2019

There's plenty of urban style and a mixture of genre tributes in this uniquely animated film, but unfortunetly the film fails to stay focused once it reaches its end. It leaves the audience wishing they'd have read the manga rather than the film as I'm sure it's more grounded in its wild gritiness.

• May 01, 2019

Watch this with no expectations and you should enjoy it for the lively animation and style. Voice acting is good which i find can usually be very hit or miss. Style has heavy influence from Tekkonkinkreet and Akira.

• Apr 10, 2019

fire!!! not for children.

fire!!! not for children.

• Apr 03, 2019

This movie needs a sequel or to be picked up by Netflix and turned into a show because it has so much potential. I am shocked that actual professional reviewers have such little imagination and fail to see the bigger picture I absolutely loved this movie and I hope that something is done to bring us more Angelino and Luna.

• Apr 02, 2019

very confusing and not much to it but is unique in its own way. it a film that's hit and miss and biton the cheesy line.

• Apr 01, 2019

This isn't your run off the mill cookie cutter anime. It's hard, brash, Urban, but holds a deep lesson. It's an amazing work. On it's own path that works well for this art style.