MFKZ Reviews

• Jun 26, 2020

Dude the art was dope. I love the gangs and the neighborhoods. I really dig that element. I mean you can clearly see the influences of Tekkonkinkreet and animatrix style action here. But God damn this genuinely feels like a real missed opportunity. This barely made sense. There were a lot of scenes that really would have had a lot more gravity to them if there'd been any actual character development. A lot of effort on the art and style. But it's just a bummer the narrative was so incoherent.

• Jun 26, 2020

This movie is lit! 🔥

This movie is lit! 🔥

• Jun 25, 2020

I liked the movie it was interesting and I felt I could relate with some of the characters and the environment. There were questions left unanswered l, but honestly I'm fine with that. A sequel would be great, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

• Jun 23, 2020

This movie is boring,nothing makes sense,the animation is good,but nothing else is good.

• Jun 15, 2020

Uninspired, nonsensical plot and ugly animation.

Uninspired, nonsensical plot and ugly animation.

• Jun 09, 2020

I'm so glad this popped up in my Netflix recommendations. Why is it that the critics seem to always hate the best movies?

• Jun 04, 2020

I always would pass over this movie on Netflix, but I happened to finally click on it and watch it and I love it! The humor, the action, the characters, and even the soundtrack! It may seem like an odd movie when you start it, but it definitely gets better further into the film. Not quite a 5 star movie, but it's definitely an enjoyable adult animated feature. 4/5 stars from me!

• May 29, 2020

MFKZ is one of those jaw dropping visions that happen once in a generation. This movie made me feel the same way I did when I first watched Akira. It's a visual romp that doesn't hold back. I feel like this is an original masterpiece which everyone should see.

• Apr 25, 2020

I was just browsing Netflix at 1am looking for something to fall asleep to. Came up on this movie and the 30 second scene it picked from the movie really intrigued me so I decided to flip it on and give it a watch. I must admit I was surprised how drawn in I got. I went in with no expectations, no idea what it was about, and with nothing better to do. Little did I know that I was about to spend an hour and a half watching something that truly captivated me. Now I am not going to say it's the greatest movie of all time or that it's so original and refreshing. But what I will say is that I absolutely loved the art style. I loved the dialog between the characters and I actually enjoyed the trippy / confusing way the story falls together. It's one of those films that's don't follow the whole "clear cut story and definition of everything and what's happening" It really does just kinda piece things together awkwardly yet somehow it still forms a semi coherent visual spectacle that left me at the end asking more questions and scouring the internet to discover if there were any prequels, sequels, or spin offs. I don't understand why so many professional review critics gave it such a low score (41% or 4/10 ect.) maybe because it doesn't follow the "norm" of what all movies should be at its core. If you are looking for a semi trippy, thought provoking, topical, conspiracy theory filled movie with great visuals, nice action, and a plot that leaves holes so that you ask the questions to fill them. Then this would be a fantastic watch. I will watch it again with my wife, and again with my brother, and again with anyone else that has not seen it yet. It's not the greatest movie out there. But it's a movie I want more of.

• Apr 22, 2020

It is far from a bad movie but it isn't a masterpiece It had goofy characters and a wonderful art design.....sometimes but no the less it was a good bloody film with charming characters