Loose Cannons (Mine Vaganti) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Loose Cannons (Mine Vaganti) Reviews

October 10, 2016
This was a really beautiful, a really well made Italian movie. The European cinema can be very creative and very artistic and I adore it for that. This movie managed to create the perfect italian atmosphere but also to show a very compelling family story in the most respectful way. The plot was great,the acting was at its best and the whole movie was a joy.
½ January 14, 2016
Tommaso is the youngest son of the Cantones, a large, traditional southern Italian family operating a pasta-making business since the 1960s. On a trip home from Rome, where he studies literature and lives with his boyfriend, Tommaso decides to tell his parents the truth about himself. But when he is finally ready to come out in front of the entire family, his older brother Antonio ruins his plans.
½ December 19, 2015
This film got me hooked on contemporary Italian cinema and made me vow to learn the language. It's coming out comedy drama set in an incredibly beautiful part of Italy and the lead characters -especially Riccardo Scamarcio - are captivating. This soundtrack has probably been played in our house more than any other since I first watched the film a few years ago.

Bella X
½ July 23, 2015
Bright, smart and funny.
July 2, 2015
Very thin plot, the humor fell flat and the drama appeared humorous many times, and some of the actors overplayed their parts. Would not recommend this one
September 6, 2014
Amazing!!! One of my favorite movies of all time! I can't stop watching it! What a great story, acting and message. Totally recommended!
August 18, 2014
a mix of fun, romantic, sad moments its a MUST SEE
½ June 21, 2014
Uneven. Left me confused.
March 14, 2014
Absolutely loved this Italian movie!
March 1, 2014
Tommaso é o membro mais jovem de uma extensa família, donos de uma indústria de massas. A família Cantone é formada pela mãe Stefania, uma doce mulher que é sugada pelos hábitos da classe média, o pai Vincenzo, irritado e sempre preocupado com seus descendentes, a excêntrica tia Luciana, a avó rebelde, que ainda chora pelo amor que há muito se foi, a irmã Elena, dona de casa frustrada e o irmão Antônio, que trabalha na fábrica da família. No dia em que a família se reúne para celebrar a promoção que Antônio recebeu na fábrica, Tommaso decide aproveitar a situação para anunciar que é gay.
October 11, 2013
One of the most beautiful movies that I've seen in a long time.
September 16, 2013
Cine italiano: el honor de la familia frente a todo.
½ September 9, 2013
It is not a comedy, a melodrama rather. It's a beautifully filmed movie but slow. Premise is trite and you always expect to be surprised. There is none. It is the stereotype of a foreign movie: Pretty, dull and reveals nothing other than you want to immediately see something good ie., Casablanca, even National Treasure just to wipe out the stale feeling in your mouth.
August 8, 2013
Pretty photos of Italy--with a dumb storyline and empty characters.
July 24, 2013
loved this movie. Complex. Funny. Poignant. the movie info here just scratches the surface of the beginning of the film. Lesson take away: Be true to yourself. Great cinematography. I agree with Rich Cline the critic who says below: "It's bright and smart and ultimately surprisingly moving."
July 16, 2013
Funny and engaging. We saw it at the Chicago Film Festival and loved it.
April 27, 2013
went to see it and did not expect much but was an incredible movie with excellent acting, great soundtrack and a very surprise ending. highly recommend it.
April 5, 2013
posa xanoume ,menontas apokomenoi apo to italiko cinema ths epoxhs mas.
½ February 3, 2013
Incredible, remarkable! Sweet and ironic comedy! Unexpected ending but a very good film. I loved the script and performances. A good choice!