Monster House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monster House Reviews

September 25, 2016
it is funny and the story is interesting
September 22, 2016
A hallarious impossible not to love animated movie. The charecters are super likable. Even Mr.Nebbercracker and Constance were very well developed charecters. The 3 kids are very entertaining. It's impossible to take your eyes of this animated classic.
½ August 9, 2016
L like the movie for monster comes alive, but all everything main have got
no steven spielberg is making the kids animation.
June 27, 2016
Monster House is like a scary animation movie. Monster House is a movie about a house coming to life as a monster. This movie has a great plot. I would suggest this movie.
½ April 29, 2016
One of my absolute favorite movies. Definitely deserves a spot in the Halloween classics section despite it's flaws.
April 22, 2016
I have loved this movie ever since I was a kid! It's still as great as it always has been!
April 7, 2016
Wow... I'm one of a few who gives this movie a five star review. Funny, because I think this movie is great. As it was a part of my childhood it is very enjoyable to watch with the right amount of horror, comedy, and romance for a kids movie. The animations are great and I think the storyline is awesome.
March 31, 2016
A clever, nostalgic, and animated classic that I used to watch when I was younger. This movie is interesting, the animation is good, and the characters are somewhat likable.
March 14, 2016
It's a fun movie that kids and adults can enjoy together. Visually impressive and full of mystery.
February 7, 2016
Not the best Halloween movie I did not think it was scary interesting to watch this movie. But people might like it
January 31, 2016
For a children's movie pretty freaky
½ January 30, 2016
Am I the only one a little taken back by how dark this movie is? The house itself is a bit cartoony (obviously for the kids) but the subject matter of a woman dying in the foundations of her house & husband covering it up & keeping her trapped in the cement & even building a shrine around her corpse - is like something you see exploited on the front page of a newspaper & cringe at how vile humans can be. And the fact she possesses the house like some demonic force, ummmmm parents are supposed to let their little kids watch this!? Usually I get a kick outta screwed up films like this, but not this time. This movie totally creeped me out. They should remake this as a live-action horror film. See if it still appeals to kids then. Also, not entirely sure what type of animation graphics were used for this film but they were horrible & not enjoyable to look at.
January 29, 2016
One of the motion capture/animation hybrid films that came out of Imagemovers Digital overseen by Robert Zemeckis, it mainly benefits from the sophistication of the art direction and layout of the images even if the actual realism of the human characters still need some work which is usually the problem with the younger studios, Monster House focuses on a house across the street from a boy that he and his friends feel has become possessed by the home owner after his accidental death after an encounter with the lead. While a cool idea and the design on the house itself is pretty cool, the articulation of the kids is very stuck in the 80's who come across as bratty at times, making me wonder if the screenplay was a leftover from Amblin's heydey back in the 80's or at the very least an apparent tribute to the Goonies and the like. Made me a little meh as to connecting with the characters outside of the old man living at the house. Doesnt come close to Polar Express or Beowolf which are the top end of the spectrum for the studio but doesn't fall as low as the studio breaker Mars Needs Mom's. Mixed.
January 8, 2016
very well written, funnny, and scary at the same time
November 30, 2015
This movie is one of my favorites of Halloween
October 31, 2015
Combining Robert Zemeckis' niche for brilliant, stop motion animation, Steven Spielberg's natural knack of filmmaking magic, and excellent direction from Gil Kenan,"Monster House" is in an incredible thrill ride; Featuring a fun, original story with twists and turns that bring out the inner child in all of us; (A sort of spooky "Goonies" for the new generation); Unique casting choice with animation to match its characters; Funny and mysterious, with just enough scares to push the boundaries of children's horror, "Monster House" is a treat for all ages. 4/5
½ October 31, 2015
Smart, witty and fun. Monster House is the one forgotten kids movie that many will remember growing up with
October 28, 2015
I think this movie is really good, I would recommend it to people of all ages.
October 27, 2015
Monster House brings the kid-friendly horror and humor that will be familiar to fans of Goosebumps.
October 15, 2015
This movie isn't at all kind to fat ladies let alone the animated house that embodies her hungry spirit.