The Monster Squad - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Monster Squad Reviews

michael e.
½ March 29, 2018
Prior to the 1980s the classical Universal monsters hadn't appeared in any color films or all together in one film for over 40 years, so when they did a film like the goonies but with the universal monsters, you can bet that it was awesome. The effects are top notch in the film, the acting is great, the comedy is great, and it has some very good characters. By all definition this is one of the quintessential films to watch on Halloween, because it has everything that you would want in a Halloween film, Comedy, Good effects, Horror, Monsters, Shootouts, supernatural beings, it has something for everyone.
January 20, 2018
A great idea with an awful, poorly directed execution.
January 18, 2018
Great 80s horror movie. Still gets me to this day.
January 13, 2018
Fun monster movie to watch with the family
November 26, 2017
This movie is very entertaining and hilarious!
October 14, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time. I love it more every time I see it.
September 29, 2017
Monster Squad is a childhood favorite who's sheer inventive imagination holds up to this very day.
September 22, 2017
One of my favorite films.
September 9, 2017
No REAL horror movie fan missed this when they were a kid....I saw it like a million times when I was 11 or 12; And it still holds up after all these years (I'm 40!).
½ August 10, 2017
Not a great movie. But a fun one that I have enjoyed since I was a kid many many many times.
June 27, 2017
A wonderful mix of 80's humor and special effects with old school Universal Studio monsters. A must see for its campy dialogue and over all enjoyability. A true classic.
May 30, 2017
Goonies meets Halloween. One of the best.
½ April 2, 2017
Oh my god, if you love 80's stuff, whether you grew up in the 80's or were born later but like some 80's stuff like I am, then I would highly recommend giving this movie a watch. Everything campy and awesome from fun 80's movies and tv shows is here. Even if you weren't born in the 80's, i still check this movie out.
January 2, 2017
I know it is really stupid and cheesy, mas I really like this movie.
December 25, 2016
De mis favoritas ever!
November 19, 2016
25 point separation between audience and critics who love dramas and especially love documentaries.
November 12, 2016
Another reason never to listen to the Tomatometer. This film is a classic. To any parent that wants to introduce their children to scary movies, this is ideal. It's one of the few films where little kids beat up monsters!
October 29, 2016
Gotta love the 80's flicks!
½ October 27, 2016
is this a kids film?? is this a childish mature film?? I don't know but. I FRICKING LOVE IT!