Monsters and Men Reviews

• Jun 23, 2019

Super buildup but very little payoff. A pass.

Super buildup but very little payoff. A pass.

• May 26, 2019

Really emotional powerful storytelling that is paced just right, a definite must see film.

• Mar 03, 2019

Movie night with Iris. Monsters And Men tackles racism and police brutality, but not as the trailer would have you believe. It's a reflective drama in which three different protagonists' lives overlap. It is well acted and a subtle, sensitive film. Plot wise, this is standard fare. But it doesn't lessen the impact of the story. With all three, you get continual close-up's of their anguish and torment. Some may feel the film should be angrier. This isn't Spike Lee, and we have a purposely low-key ending. It's an angry, shouty world, but insightful and delicate can be just as powerful.

• Feb 01, 2019

"Monsters and Men" is about the lives of different people and how they are affected by a local act of violence. While they don't always feel like part of the same narrative, they certainly feel part of the same dilemma.

• Jan 18, 2019

Reasonably balanced film on this difficult subject, which unfortunately appears far too often in today's headlines. Strong performance here by John David Washington as a conflicted NYPD police officer. Solid feature debut by writer and director Reinaldo Marcus Green.

• Jan 17, 2019

Refreshing to see an important film that is also entertaining. The street angle was authentic and confirming. I liked how the protagonist kept changing, and that not all did the right thing. Very real and sad.

• Jan 16, 2019

I really have to frown on this movie. The movie attempted to show a perspective from both sides of the spectrum on this issue but it hugged and held to the anti-cop agenda way too much. I just have to say way to go to the director! There is so much more that could have been explained and shown in this movie to show the pro-police side of the current issues. Let's not joke about this issue to anyone, yes, there are bad cops out there but let's also be honest about their side of the issue as well. The bad cops are very few and when discovered they usually go to prison. The police do risk their lives every single day they go out on their jobs. When someone refuses an officer's orders the officer has no idea if that person is armed or not, the person they are giving orders might be a foot or two taller than they are, the individual might be able to knock them out with one punch etc. etc. etc. Statistics prove that above 97 percent of cases where situations of this nature, meaning crowd control and or arresting unarmed subjects that are breaking the law and even refusing arrest and commands they are being given by law enforcement following correct or lawful procedures to handle the situation. The fact is that if you are given a command by an officer of the law you should obey it. No one likes getting pulled over, no one likes getting padded down or put in handcuffs but if a cop is giving you a command OBEY THEM! Here's the funny thing, every time I've done what an officer of the law is telling me to do I lived. I didn't like the results because usually I was breaking some kind of law and I received a ticket or a court summons and then had to pay a fine after everything was said and done but I simply did as the officer told me and I lived. This movie partially showed this argument but it sure felt as if it sided much more with the Antifa or BLM Matters perspective on how to handle these issues which from what they have proven from everything they do is to fight the law and complain when the law tries to exact justice from people who are behaving lawlessly, which is totally and utterly an incorrect and ridiculous message!!! Look at countries out in the world right now that have constant riots in the streets and people being killed by their own militaries, is that where we want to be? If yes, then, by all means, keep teaching people to be lawless and riotous, we'll be living in a martial law state in no time. Or maybe we should recognize stupidity for what it is, the enemy is not the enforcers of the laws, the enemy is the law breakers! Right and Wrong folks, don't buy into these ridiculous messages that all law enforcers are somehow corrupt because the opposite is true! Very few law enforcers are bad and you can rest assured the bad ones will be caught eventually. Antifa and BLM Matters have not proven to be a good influence on any society and this movie hugs very hard on their messages.

• Jan 13, 2019

Great, provocative deeply felt movie.

Great, provocative deeply felt movie.

• Jan 10, 2019

Another Anti cop movie. low budget movie. pass at.al cost!

Another Anti cop movie. low budget movie. pass at.al cost!

• Jan 03, 2019

Will be amazing movie. Recommend to enjoy this movie using boxxy software with any audio or subtitles language available you want.