Mr. Brooks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Brooks Reviews

½ August 1, 2018
This is a great thriller supported by a fantastic cast and a great pace. Mr. Brooks is played by Kevin Costner, and he is a serial killer by night, a popular, intelligent self-righteous man of the community by day. He goes by the name Earl when not in killing mode. To make matters even more complicated Mr. Brooks is a persona arisen by a devil voice within Earl- and he is played(not just voiced but physically portrayed) by William Hurt. In one of his outings Brooks is caught in the act of murder by a photographer and then becomes entangled by the law- mainly one lady played by Demi Moore. With actors of such class there is no reason to doubt that the audiences will be kept captivated- and they are. The cinematography, pacing and direction is excellent, and it is surprising that the director Bruce Evans has only made 2 films including this one.
July 5, 2018
May 26, 2018
Not well known but actually brilliant.
December 23, 2017
Excellent movie, except for the shovel scene and the scissor scene, too much detail, makes it into one of those poorly made B movies.
December 8, 2017
It is a fun thriller. Great acting.
November 21, 2017
It seems to be interesting. I'm a sucker for a psychological thriller if it is done right.
November 15, 2017
Costner's finest performance. Slick from the first frame to last, this fluid, mesmerizing story features excellent performances throughout, with first rate camera work accented by very tight dialogue. Costner should stick to the darker roles going forward, it's clearly his sweet spot.
November 14, 2017
Very well acted by Costner and Cook. Pretty entertaining overall.
October 28, 2017
I love this thriller. In my Top 10 Halloween Movies...The ending still frightens me. Costner & William Hurt...are BRILLIANT. Hurt hurts my stability more. Costner is so Charming,..you realize how men get away with murder.
September 14, 2017
Kevin Costner is haunting as a man who's addicted to killing. William Hurt, Demi Moore and Reiko Aylesworth are good in supporting roles. Most unusual but very entertaining as well
August 24, 2017
Seen it more than once. Good suspense and twists.
July 7, 2017
I'm astonished by the bad reviews. I find the film impressive. The blending of subplots are well executed. Dane Cook is perfect as the blackmailing, killer wanna-be. I can watch the movie often and find nuance deserving of appreciation.
May 28, 2017
Great psychological thriller with good character building and a unique storyline. Cool twist at the end, too.
May 28, 2017
Another one to see on DVD.
April 23, 2017
it was and alright movie
March 4, 2017
This is the most horrible movie I think I've seen despite the fact that they got Kevin Costner and Demi Moore to act in it. Costner's performance was on and off, and Demi seemed like she'd rather have been anywhere else. The story line is creepy to begin with, and it's presentation is confusing and meanders A LOT! The creators seemed like they couldn't figure out how much they wanted to reveal, and kept changing their mind as they went along. There was only implied violence, and then when they finally decided to show the audience some, it was more extreme than necessary, especially when they hadn't shown any so far. As far as thrillers go, this was just unsettling and certainly not worth it.
FiLmCrAzY
February 18, 2017
It's enjoyable, but nothing to taxing to watch.
January 29, 2017
thought it would be better , slow paced i thought
½ January 29, 2017
Such a great movie! kept me on my toes and wondering what will happen next. The only thing i didn't like was the ending. Will there be a second movie? i want to know does Earl Brooks get caught? also does Jane keep the baby? Does she get caught and go to jail too? How does Emma feel about all this? How does she not know? Where does she think MR. Brooks is every night? So many un-answered questions.
January 25, 2017
I love Dane Cook, so I think I'll have to see it.