Mr. Brooks Reviews

• Oct 13, 2020

Fantastic movie, must watch.

Fantastic movie, must watch.

• Jul 20, 2020

The movie did not value its characters. It was a foolish waste. Serial killers deserve much more respect. These folks should have paid attention to Thomas Harris.

• Jul 05, 2020

Great mystery/thriller. Reminded me of the TV show Dexter. Wish there could be sequels. Danielle Panabaker was awesome as Costner's daughter who I can definitely see staring in the sequel with Costner as her William Hurt.

• Jun 24, 2020

It has an inconsistent tone but is a lot of fun (especially thanks to the father daughter interaction).

• Jun 16, 2020

Way better than I expected. Creepy, with a very good performance from Costner. But the real surprise was Dane Cook and his performance in this psychological drama.

• Jun 06, 2020

Super underrated movie. Costner at his best!

Super underrated movie. Costner at his best!

• May 19, 2020

I can't help but think of this film as a less good version of the classic American Psycho (2000). It's an intriguing movie indeed, and has got some suspenseful moments. But the real problem with this film is its script, it's all over the place. It's full of not so hard hitting twists, as well as plenty of unnecessary subplots. This just deviates the story, and it almost makes it feel like a TV show more than a movie. But Kevin Costner is his main role delivers a very convincing performance. Overall, it's a decent enough pic, but quite disappointing to be honest. If you're curious enough, check it out...

• May 07, 2020

Such a waste of potential, there was so much to be had till things went nuts. Also, fucking Dane Cook

• Apr 18, 2020

I think Dane Cook finally found his role as a sniveling, cowardly, obnoxious wannabee. Costner is fantastic in this role, balancing a serial killer, family man and schizophrenic. Demi Moore's performance is a bit flat and disappointing. The pacing sometimes slows too much during long conversations, but it does pick back up. There is an interesting twist.

• Apr 11, 2020

Such an underrated film but I find this to be brilliant. If Batman was a serial killer, this would be it. Always two steps ahead. Kevin Costner plays the part well. He could be both a good citizen and a conniving killer by night. I love how he struggled with his craving to kill, played by William Hurt. That chemistry between them is pure bliss. The twist and turns is incredible. Though Demi Moore's character needed more character build up. Next to 'The House that Jack Built', this is my fave Serial Killer movie with the bad guy as the protagonist.