Muppets Most Wanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Muppets Most Wanted Reviews

May 29, 2017
Not a hugely fascinating plot (but the Muppets didn't save the theater this time lol ~), but this movie gets props for its funny characters, clever jokes and well-written songs! The musical numbers were entertaining and catchy. Go on a trip with the Muppets, and the songs will get stuck in your head!
½ May 4, 2017
It's foolishness, but not the foolishness I like to see from the Muppets. This was extremely annoying, and even worse than I was expecting. Disney needs to release the Muppets and let them rest in peace, because they have proven that they don't have a clue how to make a movie with this beloved group anymore. (First and only viewing - 10/30/2014)
May 3, 2017
This is a good mystery movie that's easy to figure out so when you Watch this movie you want to be a detective who is the Real frog that's why want to be a detective and figure it out! Great songs in this movie and just silly from start to finish!
½ May 2, 2017
It's a funny, weird, enjoyable movie. I give this a B-. Buts it's not better then the first.
½ April 29, 2017
Not quite as good as the last movie, but still a bunch of fun. Is there ever really a totally bad Muppets movie..?
April 22, 2017
After the meta reboot there really isn't anywhere else to go in continuing the franchise and it definitely shows here. Despite the fact that it's missing a solid purpose, it's fun, clever and energetic.
April 16, 2017
This film has 79% even through the plot is cluttered and messed up and the songs are bloody awful. Just because you have lots of pointless cameos does not make your movie good, they should have spent the budget removing the green outlines from the characters at the end of the film.
February 19, 2017
The missing of Jason Segal in this film killed it, while I like the stars they had in it it completely missed that family feel that Jason captured...
February 15, 2017
Pretty good, not as good as the first one but still good, the celebraties and muppets save this movie
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 23, 2016
Its an adorable film but I personally think the first muppets film was fantastic and way funnier! this one still great for the whole family!
½ December 21, 2016
I personally liked it better than the first one. The songs were catchier. Loved the cameos.
½ November 7, 2016
A perfect addition to The Muppets!
½ October 28, 2016
Great way to follow the 2011 movie, can't wait to see what they do next.
September 27, 2016
Of course, not as great as the first muppet film from 2011, then again most sequels aren't as good as their predecessor. But the movie poked fun at the fact that it is a sequel and it will not be as good as the first anyway. You gotta give it credit for that. But I did not really like this film.
½ September 16, 2016
Muppets Most Wanted(2014)
Starring:Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell, Tina Fey, Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, Matt Vogel, Peter Linz, Tom Hiddleston, Salma Hayek, Ray Liotta, Kenneth Collard, Pamela Betsy Cooper, and James Pasierbowicz
Directed By:James Bobin
Review
TAKING THE WORLD BY FARCE
You know I actually did very much enjoy the first movie with Jason Segal and Amy Adams, and I'm not even that big of a fan of Jason Segal when it comes to his movies, but I however did not want or was interested in a sequel.
The film revolves around The muppets while on a grand world tour, The Muppets find themselves wrapped into an European jewel-heist caper headed by a Kermit the Frog look-alike and his dastardly sidekick.
The movie does not achieve it's goal, at least not for me I did not have fun with this movie,I was bored for the most part but I did like some of the songs, which is a very good thing cause I never usually like the songs in a musical.
The story is not really that interesting, it feels like a Muppets special or something, I liked the first Muppets because it was about two fans one who had a girlfriend and the other who really wanted to meet and help The muppets and be with his best friend.
The performances are kind of straightforward and bland, but I did like Ricky Gervais and Tina Fey, however everyone else is just muppet voices which is just kind of straight-forward.
The direction is surprisingly well handled, I liked his approach and the idea with the comedy, but the writing I just couldn't get into it.
All the elements of a good are not present I didn't feel that invested in what was going on or in any of the characters because this is franchise without consequences for the muppets , everything is just going to turn out fine in the end and it's really boring. I give it a two and a half out of five.
September 10, 2016
This movie was comically funny and was better than the last one to come out.
August 16, 2016
Some great cameos, but in general this film is rather predictable, unfunny, and lackluster. Too bad because I really love the Muppets franchise. Rating: 6.5 / 10
August 16, 2016
Fun movie with some really entertains moments but not quite as good as The Muppets as it didn't have enough focus on the antics and comradely of the group. Still good.
½ July 30, 2016
Loved all the cameos and silliness. How can you not love Ray Liotta and Danny Trejo singing together? Good laughs, but not as enjoyable as its predecessor.