Muppets Most Wanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Muppets Most Wanted Reviews

½ October 28, 2016
Great way to follow the 2011 movie, can't wait to see what they do next.
September 27, 2016
Of course, not as great as the first muppet film from 2011, then again most sequels aren't as good as their predecessor. But the movie poked fun at the fact that it is a sequel and it will not be as good as the first anyway. You gotta give it credit for that. But I did not really like this film.
½ September 16, 2016
Muppets Most Wanted(2014)
Starring:Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell, Tina Fey, Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, Matt Vogel, Peter Linz, Tom Hiddleston, Salma Hayek, Ray Liotta, Kenneth Collard, Pamela Betsy Cooper, and James Pasierbowicz
Directed By:James Bobin
You know I actually did very much enjoy the first movie with Jason Segal and Amy Adams, and I'm not even that big of a fan of Jason Segal when it comes to his movies, but I however did not want or was interested in a sequel.
The film revolves around The muppets while on a grand world tour, The Muppets find themselves wrapped into an European jewel-heist caper headed by a Kermit the Frog look-alike and his dastardly sidekick.
The movie does not achieve it's goal, at least not for me I did not have fun with this movie,I was bored for the most part but I did like some of the songs, which is a very good thing cause I never usually like the songs in a musical.
The story is not really that interesting, it feels like a Muppets special or something, I liked the first Muppets because it was about two fans one who had a girlfriend and the other who really wanted to meet and help The muppets and be with his best friend.
The performances are kind of straightforward and bland, but I did like Ricky Gervais and Tina Fey, however everyone else is just muppet voices which is just kind of straight-forward.
The direction is surprisingly well handled, I liked his approach and the idea with the comedy, but the writing I just couldn't get into it.
All the elements of a good are not present I didn't feel that invested in what was going on or in any of the characters because this is franchise without consequences for the muppets , everything is just going to turn out fine in the end and it's really boring. I give it a two and a half out of five.
September 10, 2016
This movie was comically funny and was better than the last one to come out.
August 16, 2016
Some great cameos, but in general this film is rather predictable, unfunny, and lackluster. Too bad because I really love the Muppets franchise. Rating: 6.5 / 10
August 16, 2016
Fun movie with some really entertains moments but not quite as good as The Muppets as it didn't have enough focus on the antics and comradely of the group. Still good.
½ July 30, 2016
Loved all the cameos and silliness. How can you not love Ray Liotta and Danny Trejo singing together? Good laughs, but not as enjoyable as its predecessor.
½ July 7, 2016
Nowhere near as enjoyable as 2011's 'The Muppets', nor is it as fun; but the musical numbers are "tap your feet" fantastic. Too bad that's the only thing significantly great about 'Muppets Most wanted". Everything else pretty much falls flat.
July 3, 2016
Muppets Most Wanted is a good and entertaining movie. I thought the first Muppets movie was better than this one. Still, the movie has a good plot. I would suggest this movie.
June 27, 2016
This was a little darker for the usual muppets but I liked it it was entertaining.
June 18, 2016
Picture a goofy song and dance musical partially that takes place in Auschwitz, and uses the concentration camp and enduring tragedy as a source of gags and jokes. Distasteful? Yes, and yet when the Muppets Most Wanted use the Soviet Gulags, which have a kill count of 2-3 times that of the Nazi concentration camps, as a springboard for jokes, nobody really cares.
The leading humans have boring roles as written, so there's no much room for judging their performances there, but Jason Segel also had a very plain role in The Muppets, which he managed to fill in with his charisma and attention to performing detail. Ricky Gervais has only his trademark snide attitude to fill in a role with, which comes off as bad as you might expect.
The songs were written by Bret McKenzie, who won an Oscar for his previous effort on The Muppets, but appears to have given much less effort in this endeavor. The strongest song in this movie by a large margin is "Together Again" from The Muppets Take Manhattan.
Rod Serling, who understood the narrative possibilities of tragedy and fear better than anyone finished a script with the following: "All the Dachaus must remain standing. The Dachaus, the Belsens, the Buchenwalds, the Auschwitzes-all of them. They must remain standing because they are a monument to a moment in time when some men decided to turn the Earth into a graveyard. Into it they shoveled all of their reason, their logic, their knowledge, but worst of all, their conscience. And the moment we forget this, the moment we cease to be haunted by its remembrance, then we become the gravediggers. Something to dwell on and to remember, not only in the Twilight Zone but wherever men walk God's Earth."
½ June 9, 2016
"Muppets Most Wanted" felt wobbly, but it's satisfying.
May 28, 2016
Just stop the new muppets sucked!
May 1, 2016
es encerio esta pelicula me desepciono un poco,quiero decir si estan bien los actores ty burrel,tina fey,ricky fergais si si estan bien sensacional igual que los personaje como miss piggy,constantine,germit si esta genial pero no supera a la primera parte en mi opinion, igual ese bonito perrito de pelucho esta super bien,los directores y productores tendrian que tomarse el tiempo para traernos una pelicula animada con todos los clasicós muppets.
April 29, 2016
Rubbish Ricky gervais ruins it
April 27, 2016
The Good:
Fantastic celebrity cameos. Meta jokes are hillarious. Amazing songs. Ty Burrell and Tina Fey characters are scene stealers.

The Not-so-Good:
Wasn't as spectacular as the 1st movie.
March 25, 2016
Was pretty good, my friends and I were the only ones laughing
½ March 20, 2016
I really liked this next Muppets film, more than the last. Many things brought me back to my youth while I watched the show on TV. The celebrity cameos were all quite good, especially Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais. I'd skip the last one and go right to this one if you're looking for a simple, good time.
March 19, 2016
A perfect funny family fun movie!