My Cousin Rachel Reviews

• Dec 26, 2020

I have seen in it what was not there but all it is my fault.

I have seen in it what was not there but all it is my fault.

• Oct 30, 2019

No technical aspects, no major aspects are helping My Cousin Rachel. Why? My Cousin Rachel The writer and director Roger Michell's adaptation of the ironical cynicism is not the joke that they were looking for. That we are looking for. That the author of the novel looked for. Every breath of the film wants to be witty in its tone and sharply confident in its language. The ironic taste in the story then comes alive in the film when the film doesn't feel at all like it should have. Intention is one thing and interpretation, another. The film hangs around between these two phenomenons trying to defy the logistics placed by themselves. Remember, irony is what's needed and what's going to work. Contradiction is a sign of failure. Yet, with all the hokum we see nowadays in cinema, I'd be happy to take this mistake. And it is because at least it aspires to be considered among those elite group. And so what if it is found at the bottom of the list. The attempt is admirable. And also they have got the incredible casting for this period set piece. Rachel Weisz playing the title role is every reason to not speculate her intentions. I don't think I'd have bought anyone else's sweetness or friendly nature if it was not for Rachel's body language. My Cousin Rachel has everything misplaced in an ordered world. Or at least a world that seeks and requires order. Correction is a latter argument that we are going to be tangled in, the first and foremost is privacy and rights. Earning those things is Rachel vividly expressing her vague plans. She has to hesitate and deliberately make mistakes, she has got that part figured lickety split. The supporting character is where the film grows weak especially when it is supporting to an extent that it is almost a parallel role.

• Oct 12, 2019

Boring and quite pointless despite the beautiful cinematography, the film's story is so convoluted and dumb, the opposite of Rachel Weisz's great performance.

• Aug 06, 2019

even that half looks a lot for such a shit ! when i first saw the trailer , i thought , that with such talented actors they could do more , but as soon as i watched the movie i came to the fact of how stupit all of it was . philip turned to be a naive dumb man who fell in love with a murderess even after his cousin's letter and the various clues he had , and not only that ! but also gave her everything he has , woooooow , at least at the end he did a smart thing by sending her to the cliff , such a relieve for me !! 0 chemestry , 0 reality ... the most stupid and unreal events , if you are fans of high quality movies i don't recommand that for u

• Jul 21, 2019

Saw it after reading the book. Every actor is fabulous, and the production is lavishly beautiful. Its very "Gothic". Did she or didn't she? Let me know what you think!

• Mar 27, 2019

Runs like a train going five miles an hour and by the end you just do not care did she or didn't she.

• Mar 19, 2019

Hated every moment of this film. The main character is an insufferable moron. Zero chemistry between anyone. The movie plods along painfully with Phillip making all the wrong decisions. Just when you think it can't get any worse, they kill a freaking horse at the end. Exhausted with this Hollywood trend of killing an animal to compensate for a poor story line.

• Jan 17, 2019

A haunting tale of a young man obsessed with an intriguing older manipulative woman who may have been responsible for his cousinï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s death. Sam Claflin plays a pitiful Phillip without much of a character arc. Rachel Weisz steals the show with her disturbing performance. The movie is slow and the manipulation too easy, and predictable. Not a great film. Phillip comes off as dense and stupid, not young and naive. Sad. Could of been a great film.

• Nov 26, 2018

I can see why he fell for his cousin, because she was fit and I’d happily be poisoned by her any day. As for the rest, decidedly average at best.

• Oct 28, 2018

The only reason to watch this sluggish, gothic drama would certainly be for Rachel Weisz. Her performance is entrancing and although the plot gives itself away almost immediately, her poise and beauty in period costumes make it impossible to quit watching.