My Cousin Rachel Reviews

• Aug 06, 2019

even that half looks a lot for such a shit ! when i first saw the trailer , i thought , that with such talented actors they could do more , but as soon as i watched the movie i came to the fact of how stupit all of it was . philip turned to be a naive dumb man who fell in love with a murderess even after his cousin's letter and the various clues he had , and not only that ! but also gave her everything he has , woooooow , at least at the end he did a smart thing by sending her to the cliff , such a relieve for me !! 0 chemestry , 0 reality ... the most stupid and unreal events , if you are fans of high quality movies i don't recommand that for u

• Jul 21, 2019

Saw it after reading the book. Every actor is fabulous, and the production is lavishly beautiful. Its very "Gothic". Did she or didn't she? Let me know what you think!

• Mar 27, 2019

Runs like a train going five miles an hour and by the end you just do not care did she or didn't she.

• Mar 19, 2019

Hated every moment of this film. The main character is an insufferable moron. Zero chemistry between anyone. The movie plods along painfully with Phillip making all the wrong decisions. Just when you think it can't get any worse, they kill a freaking horse at the end. Exhausted with this Hollywood trend of killing an animal to compensate for a poor story line.

• Jan 17, 2019

A haunting tale of a young man obsessed with an intriguing older manipulative woman who may have been responsible for his cousinï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)s death. Sam Claflin plays a pitiful Phillip without much of a character arc. Rachel Weisz steals the show with her disturbing performance. The movie is slow and the manipulation too easy, and predictable. Not a great film. Phillip comes off as dense and stupid, not young and naive. Sad. Could of been a great film.

• Nov 26, 2018

I can see why he fell for his cousin, because she was fit and I’d happily be poisoned by her any day. As for the rest, decidedly average at best.

• Oct 28, 2018

The only reason to watch this sluggish, gothic drama would certainly be for Rachel Weisz. Her performance is entrancing and although the plot gives itself away almost immediately, her poise and beauty in period costumes make it impossible to quit watching.

• Oct 26, 2018

descent... would have been better at the threatre for sure... But I did expect better tbh

• Aug 12, 2018

For those who love period films, this is one for you! But for other Finesse fans, you've been warn in advanced. My Cousin Rachel is a thriller that is in no rush to tell its dramatic story. In fact, I would go as far to say it's a slow burner until the end credits. A large majority of the film's duration is simply raising the same questions over and over, going back and forth. Sadly, not all your questions are even answered by the end of the film's credits. My Cousin Rachel is a thriller that feels like it goes in the wrong direction. The plot on paper gave me hope for something new and creative and was held back by frustrating core characters and a story that drags by ever so slowly. Major credit goes out to Rachel Wiez as she provides a great performance that has been missed. - Finesse Movie Reviews

• Jul 27, 2018

Almost, almost there. High on gothic drama this romantic thriller ultimately fails because of the script. What a shame.