Nacho Libre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nacho Libre Reviews

½ July 3, 2017
A wasted premise and poorly made and unfunny film
½ June 28, 2017
Very stupid but pretty funny. This is no Napoleon Dynamite.
June 21, 2017
This movie was so dashingly brilliant, or as we would say in 2017- LIT. This movie is iconic and filled with educational moments that your child will love. This movie contains a great lesson on how to pick up a chick with toast. I will never forget this movie. Amazing.. just amazing. Great first date movie.
June 4, 2017
A somewhat funny (if not quite racist) movie full of fat jokes and flatulence. What could have been a memorable and hilarious movie is instead filled with missed opportunities and slightly disgusting humor. With extended scenes of dead time, however, this movie sinks to the ground.
½ May 4, 2017
Pretty odd. I can't figure out why, but I enjoyed it. (First and only full viewing - Summer 2006 in theaters)
½ April 14, 2017
Jack Black's biggest flop ever.
April 7, 2017
This movie is very funny
½ March 31, 2017
IDK, this is a film for very young boys.
March 21, 2017
I laughed occasionally, but overall this comedy was unfunny gross-out humor that was stupid for the sake of being stupid.
March 20, 2017
A really good comedy & the best Jack Black character & performance of all of his films
½ March 2, 2017
Amazing & underrated
February 23, 2017
The jokes were great but could be somewhat offensive to some who are easily offended (not me just some of my friends) a great comedy though.
½ February 14, 2017
I think of this film in the same way that I do anything by Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. This is the type of film where if you find yourself ever complaining about the tone or inconsistencies in the film you've missed the point entirely.
½ January 3, 2017
The film is absurd, buts its production design and cinematography is engrossing and curious. With the right friends, it can be a hilarious movie to watch.
½ December 7, 2016
Jack Black's wild performance and Jared Hess' Wes Anderson-esque knack for live-action wackiness are enough to make this otherwise pathetic romp a load of fun anyway.
½ November 21, 2016
THIS IS THE WORST MOVIE ON THIS PLANET!!!!!!!! SO BAD:-(
½ October 11, 2016
If you love Napoleon Dynamite, you'll love this movie. It's the exact sort of awkward, dead pan humor, but it has Jack Black. I don't really get why this one is panned as hard as it is, although there are a few jokes that don't work, I'll admit. I still love watching this with friends, so I recommend it.
½ September 24, 2016
The movie actually aims for children. I just do not know if they do that very bad Mexican English accents on purpose though. There are some bad bits, yes, but it is occasionally funny.
½ September 19, 2016
The beautiful background shots are super vibrant!
½ September 19, 2016
Have you ever been in a situation where you are the only one that hasn't seen a particular movie, but then your manhood (or womanhood) becomes questioned because you hadn't seen one such movie? Well, I rean into that situation with Nacho Libre. The group I was with (which shall remain annonymus) told me that Nacho Libre is their family's favourite movie. I saw it that day at a Flea Market for one dollar, picked it up and gave it a shot. I have never had a movie so hyped up for it to fall flat on it's face. Harder than Jack Black getting pile-drived to the floor. This movie is so bizarre, stupid and racist. Okay sure, some racial/stereotypical humour is funny... but not for one hour and forty minutes straight. Yes I get it, Jack Black has this stupid Mexican accent. Don't forget all his Mexican friends who all appear to be stupid, unintelligent, dirty and disgusting. Some scenes were so absurd that they actually did get a laugh out of me, but the rest were too stupid to even comprehend. As I am writing this, I realize that there is a very good chance the people who recommended this movie to me will see this review and banish me from ever re-visting their household. Just imagine this movie taking the very quiet, awkward silence humour of Napolean Dynamite, take out all the witty satircal jokes and replace them with some very medicore slapstick wresting scenes and racially insensitive Mexican jokes. Like I said, I will laugh at a "Mexican jumping the fence" joke as much as I will laugh at a "Canadian bacon with maple syrup up and aboot the igloo eh?" joke, but you have to admit, they get old really fast.