Nacho Libre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nacho Libre Reviews

½ April 14, 2017
Jack Black's biggest flop ever.
April 7, 2017
This movie is very funny
½ March 31, 2017
IDK, this is a film for very young boys.
March 21, 2017
I laughed occasionally, but overall this comedy was unfunny gross-out humor that was stupid for the sake of being stupid.
March 20, 2017
A really good comedy & the best Jack Black character & performance of all of his films
½ March 2, 2017
Amazing & underrated
February 23, 2017
The jokes were great but could be somewhat offensive to some who are easily offended (not me just some of my friends) a great comedy though.
½ February 14, 2017
I think of this film in the same way that I do anything by Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. This is the type of film where if you find yourself ever complaining about the tone or inconsistencies in the film you've missed the point entirely.
½ January 3, 2017
The film is absurd, buts its production design and cinematography is engrossing and curious. With the right friends, it can be a hilarious movie to watch.
½ December 7, 2016
Jack Black's wild performance and Jared Hess' Wes Anderson-esque knack for live-action wackiness are enough to make this otherwise pathetic romp a load of fun anyway.
½ November 21, 2016
THIS IS THE WORST MOVIE ON THIS PLANET!!!!!!!! SO BAD:-(
½ October 11, 2016
If you love Napoleon Dynamite, you'll love this movie. It's the exact sort of awkward, dead pan humor, but it has Jack Black. I don't really get why this one is panned as hard as it is, although there are a few jokes that don't work, I'll admit. I still love watching this with friends, so I recommend it.
½ September 24, 2016
The movie actually aims for children. I just do not know if they do that very bad Mexican English accents on purpose though. There are some bad bits, yes, but it is occasionally funny.
½ September 19, 2016
The beautiful background shots are super vibrant!
½ September 19, 2016
Have you ever been in a situation where you are the only one that hasn't seen a particular movie, but then your manhood (or womanhood) becomes questioned because you hadn't seen one such movie? Well, I rean into that situation with Nacho Libre. The group I was with (which shall remain annonymus) told me that Nacho Libre is their family's favourite movie. I saw it that day at a Flea Market for one dollar, picked it up and gave it a shot. I have never had a movie so hyped up for it to fall flat on it's face. Harder than Jack Black getting pile-drived to the floor. This movie is so bizarre, stupid and racist. Okay sure, some racial/stereotypical humour is funny... but not for one hour and forty minutes straight. Yes I get it, Jack Black has this stupid Mexican accent. Don't forget all his Mexican friends who all appear to be stupid, unintelligent, dirty and disgusting. Some scenes were so absurd that they actually did get a laugh out of me, but the rest were too stupid to even comprehend. As I am writing this, I realize that there is a very good chance the people who recommended this movie to me will see this review and banish me from ever re-visting their household. Just imagine this movie taking the very quiet, awkward silence humour of Napolean Dynamite, take out all the witty satircal jokes and replace them with some very medicore slapstick wresting scenes and racially insensitive Mexican jokes. Like I said, I will laugh at a "Mexican jumping the fence" joke as much as I will laugh at a "Canadian bacon with maple syrup up and aboot the igloo eh?" joke, but you have to admit, they get old really fast.
½ September 17, 2016
Jack Black is the only reason why Nacho Libre is not completely knocked out.
August 19, 2016
Nachoooooo. "I used some grass to wipe my tears". Nacho Libre gets better with each viewing. A cult classic that has to be ruminated and seeped into your subconscious in order that quoting it becomes second nature.
½ August 18, 2016
"Nacho Libre" is rather meagre in terms of writing but is boosted considerably by Jack Black's charisma.
August 14, 2016
This is the epitome of a cinematic masterpiece! One of the best films of all times!!
July 24, 2016
Watched it a thousand times and still love it. Best quotable movie.