Network Reviews

• Dec 19, 2019

One of the few films that are practically perfect in the history of cinema. With a very important message, even now

• Dec 08, 2019

You know it..."I'm mad as hell..." What a great movie.

You know it..."I'm mad as hell..." What a great movie.

• Oct 06, 2019

Satirical in every immoral sense of the word while keeping it intellectually realistic despite how purposely exaggerated it is under decisive communication and depressing identity crisis before the payoff clearly warns to the ignorant deafness that might have possibly still echoes today. (B+)

• Sep 25, 2019

Sidney Lumet's Network is a fantastic film that contains every element of what makes a film rise from being merely good to great. This is a satire but not the kind you'd expect. A little bit of intellectual stimulation is a necessity in order to appreciate the film. Network is brilliant, but it's not very funny in the conventional sense. Those looking for a bellyful of laughs would do better renting something else. This movie has its share of amusing moments, but the comedy is so bleak that it's best appreciated on the intellectual level. I can envision a viewer chuckling grimly and nodding his or her head at some of Network's nastiest barbs; I can't see this movie causing anyone to collapse in a paroxysm of laughter the way This is Spinal Tap does. Network is best enjoyed for what it is -- a blistering social commentary that uses exaggeration to make its point. Network was brought to the screen by a film maker with a tremendous track record, and this was undoubtedly one of his greatest success stories. It earned Sidney Lumet one of his four Best Director Oscar nominations. And in my opinion its his best.

• Sep 22, 2019

I can say with out hyperbole or exaggeration, that this is quite possibly the greatest movie of all time. Certainly one of the most prescient.

• Sep 16, 2019

Network is a lot different than I expected it to be. Instead of a straightforward newsroom drama, it's hyperbolic satire. It's strangely unsettling that this 1976 film predicted the sensationalized media of today. However, the strong beginning and end of this story are bogged down by a slow and repetitive second act. There's also no anchor point, as every character is generally unlikeable. I'm glad I finally saw Network, but I don't quite understand its prominent legacy in film history.

• Sep 15, 2019

Although there are some dated aspects, we can all agree on one thing: Not only is the film still relevant, we made our still relevant situation worse.

• Sep 10, 2019

I want you all to get up out of your chairs... a bit slow at parts.

I want you all to get up out of your chairs... a bit slow at parts.

• Sep 04, 2019

Not the worst movie to go back and watch and see the more things change the more they stay the same!

• Aug 31, 2019

Powerful, beautiful, and ridiculously relevant. Such strong performances, script, and direction.