Nobody Walks Reviews

• Jul 01, 2018

Literally awful. Pointless movie that just makes you feel sad and bad the entire time. No conclusion to the array of issues. And I don't know whether to like or hate the main character. She seems like a spoiled brat that has sex with every man she runs into despite that the men is with or married to another person, one of which is letting her stay in her own home. She does not think sex or affairs are a big deal and doesn't get attached emotionally to anyone and can't understand why everyone is bitter toward her. Seriously wish I could get that hour and a half back.

• Apr 22, 2018

Horribly pointless indie film. Skip this turd.

Horribly pointless indie film. Skip this turd.

• Jan 06, 2018

Interesting exploration of how people use each other in subtle ways, and whether it is actually using. The female lead receives a lot of drama for basically taking what is offered, but can you blame her? The sound and characters create an engaging atmosphere. It does feel directionless in the end because it doesn't make a definitive comment on its dramatic situation, but instead presents it in a more neutral way, which is interesting but can be unsatisfactory.

• Jan 06, 2018

• Oct 27, 2017

This was so much like a french film. Sexy, edgy, but with an english ending. Quite funny all the rather obvious cases of divorce going all at once. Many breakups. I liked the whole thing and the acting was very fetching.

• Mar 26, 2016

This is a drama with very dysfunctional characters, that sometimes you see them and say why are they doing that? It was a decent story to understand and made you feel the characters in a way. Olivia Thirlby is amazing at what she does and for the other characters it was my first time seeing them act, but I got to say they delivered good performances. So for this being an okay drama with good solid acting, I give " Nobody Walks " a C-.

• Jul 22, 2014

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 (2012) Nobody Walks DRAMA This movie is like the much more serious version of "Down And Out In Beverly Hills" except it's much more entertaining as a comedy than as a drama film. Co-written and directed by Ry Russo-Young starring Martine(Olivia Thirlby) who's just arriving to Silver Lake, LA to put some sound work into a film project regarding ants. And while there, sound guy, Peter (John Krasinski) whose married to someone Martine idolizes, her name is Julie (Rosemarie DeWitt) starts hitting on her. And at the same time, Peter's assistant also has the hot's for her as well creating an un-authentic scenario. The more the movie is progressing, it became more ridiculous like the worst soap opera anyone has ever saw. The only character that offered a little bit of credibility is Rosemarie DeWitt and even she can't even save this movie. 1 star out of 4

• Jul 16, 2014

A weird and self-please indie film anchored by a stand-out performance by John Krasinski.

• Walter M Super Reviewer
    Jun 05, 2014

In "Nobody Walks," Martine(Olivia Thirlby) travels to Los Angeles where she stays with Miriam(Rosemarie DeWitt), a psychologist and friend of a friend. Actually, her business is with Miriam's husband Peter(John Krasinski), a sound engineer, who is helping her with her artwork. Otherwise, everybody is busy. Kolt(India Ennenga), Miriam and Peter's teenage daughter, is ignoring Avi(Sam Lerner) in favor of nursing a crush on David(Rhys Wakefield) while she also takes Italian lessons. And Martine has her hands full with Billy(Justin Kirk), a particularly troublesome patient. "Nobody Walks" is a well-photographed film wherein I learned something about sound engineering for films. It also sports a very good cast, especially a usually underutilized Olivia Thirlby in the lead. It also has a sluggish pace. That might be to cover up how little it really has to say on the subject of how women are sexually harassed everyday. Part of that is due to a half-hearted approach that begins awkwardly enough with the opening sequence between Martine and a fellow passenger that because the movie joins them mid-conversation only serves to confuse matters. Plus, Martine is cast in the cliched role of domestic intruder, thus implying that some of it is actually her fault.

• Sol C Super Reviewer
    Apr 27, 2014

Olivia Thirlby's performance is the best reason to catch this film. She shines here. She kind of reminds me of Anne Hathaway here. I would love to see her in more leading roles. She has a great on screen chemistry with Krasinski. I thought the film was so so. I couldn't believe how short it was. It could have been a little longer. It needed a rewrite. I felt that it was unfocused at times. It kind of reminded me of movies like American Beauty and The Paper Man. I was surprised that Lena Dunham co-wrote it. Krasinski does an ok job here. He has a good on screen chemistry with both DeWitt and Thirlby. DeWitt also does a good job here. I say, see the film for Thirlby's performance.