Non-Stop Reviews

• Mar 14, 2019

Two U.S. Air Marshals, Jack Hammond and alcoholic Bill Marks (Liam Neeson), separately board a British Aqualantic Airlines Boeing 767 from New York City to London. Marks sits next to Jen Summers (Julianne Moore), who has switched seats so she can be by the window. After takeoff, Marks receives a text message on his secure phone stating that someone will die every 20 minutes unless $150 million is transferred to a specified bank account. Marks breaks protocol and consults Hammond, who dismisses the threat. Marks, however, has Summers and flight attendant Nancy (Michelle Dockery) monitor the security cameras while texting the mysterious person to try to identify him. When Hammond is seen using his phone and suddenly goes to the rear toilet, Marks confronts him. Hammond unsuccessfully offers him some of the money and attacks, but Marks accidentally kills him exactly at the 20-minute mark. Marks finds cocaine in his briefcase. He alerts the TSA, but TSA agent Marenick informs him that the bank account is registered in his name and accuses Marks of being the perpetrator... Rotten Tomatoes consensus reads: "While Liam Neeson is undoubtedly an asset, Non-Stop wastes its cast" not to mention its solid premise and tense setup"on a poorly conceived story that hinges on a thoroughly unbelievable final act." Chris Nashawaty, writing for Entertainment Weekly, delivered a positive review, grading it "B", and observing: "At a certain point either you'll fasten your seat belt and go with Non-Stop's absurd, Looney Tunes logic or you won't. Against my better judgment, I went with it. After all, Neeson has shown time and again that he's the closest thing Hollywood has these days to a box office Rumpelstiltskin. He can spin cheese into gold." Richard Corliss, for Time, had a blase opinion, stating that the film "...is no more or less than what it intends to be.." and posits the question: "Why demand logic of an action movie released in February, when audiences just want a nice, bumpy ride?" Susan Wloszczyna of RogerEbert.com wrote, "Liam Neeson is not going to be knocked off his perch as the elder statesman of B-movie tough guys any time soon...", and continued, "The rather ingenious if preposterous premise, one that only goes way off course in the heavy-handed third act...'Non-Stop' is so ridiculously entertaining in spite of its occasional lapses in real-world logic." "Non-Stop" is a ridiculous actioneer from director Jaume Collet-Serra which has no credibility what so ever to my mind. The cliches and plotholes are a plenty and the storyline is poor and inconsistent, the acting poor and the dialogue poor. No need to see this.

• Jan 28, 2019

'Commuter' on a plane! Or is Commuter 'Non-Stop' on a train? No matter, they are the same movie, and similar in quality and plotline. Neeson is an ex-cop just doing his job - this time as an air marshall - when all of a sudden he is picked for some wierd s**t to go down. The storyline is pretty engaging if you are trying to wrap your head around a whodunnit on a plane. Not exactly Orient Express, but something along those lines. He gets to kill a guy in the bathroom, which should get points just for getting 2 guys in a bathroom. No wait, that sounds wrong. But you know what I mean... airplane bathrooms are really small... Anyway well done, although the big real was kind of a head scratcher as in 'why did they do it THAT way?' And it was a little odd how he went from trusted air marshall to terrorist to hero in about 2 hours.

• Jan 09, 2019

Great movie. I was instantly intrigued by the tense premise of the movie, and I really did feel like I myself was on a plane. Great performances from Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore. NON-STOP is on of those rare mystery/suspense thriller movies that come around every three years or so. I would recommend this to a friend....or anyone, in fact!

• Nov 02, 2018

High-octane thriller with an edge, with plenty of exciting moments. It's Taken on a plane.

• Jul 31, 2018

Far fetched and confused.

Far fetched and confused.

• Mar 15, 2018

Non-Stop may bungle its ending and squander a good portion of its premise on action tropes in the final act but for its better half, maintains an amount of suspense and mystery that few movies possess.

• Mar 10, 2018

The best movie i've ever seen

The best movie i've ever seen

• Feb 17, 2018

A good mystery movie but some of the stuff wouldn't work in real life. The scene where they put all of the luggage to the door to stop the bomb is kind of stupid. In the movie it blows up but dosnt cause that much damage but in real life the whole plain would have blown up. Other than that it is a pretty instense good movie that I recommend.

• Jan 24, 2018

Soooo awesome!!!! This movie is a must! Love it.

Soooo awesome!!!! This movie is a must! Love it.

• Jan 19, 2018

Mystery about someone on a plane asking for money who is texting a federal agent.