Olympus Has Fallen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Olympus Has Fallen Reviews

January 18, 2017
The plot and character development is average due to relying often on cliches to make up for those 2 film components, but the film's extremely angry and violent tone and killing scenes are epic. Overall, it's an amazing, superior bloody fight-to-the-death video, but only a slightly better than average cinematic experience.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 28, 2016
The beginning was a little over done. Loved it in the end.
December 24, 2016
How on earth this tripe has been currently accepted by the majority of audiences as being an above average action flick is beyond me. I honestly thought that the critics might have been wrong on this one, but nope, they were dead right. Some of the action sequences are alright and are by far the strongest element of this lame one man against all the odds film, or what has been insultingly dubbed 'Die Hard in the White House' - ha yeah right, okay!

The script is by and large utter drivel, and without spoiling anything, there were far too many aspects of the plot and the decisions certain characters made - notably that of the president and his high command regarding individual launch codes - that went beyond the suspension of disbelief and thus couldn't take seriously.

Even the fairly recent 'Battle Los Angeles', also starring Aaron Eckhart, was far more enjoyable and sensible than this guff. Shame, as I did try with all my might to like this one. 2/5
December 17, 2016
Olympus Has Fallen is a movie the first part to the London has Fallen series. The attack in the first movie comes from a Terrorist from North Korea. I found the movie to be non stop action which is great but it was really a dark movie as in the video was very dark as the movie was mostly shot at night and the video was not clear.
The movie is a non stop roller coaster ride for 2 hours.
Totally worth it though. The Phantom of the Opera is in the movie and he really makes the bad guys hit the high notes.
The cast is awesome and you should watch this before you watch London Has Fallen as they both do link together.
This movie is made by the director of Traning Day. Top Self.
Not suitable for the kiddies.
Give it ago you will not be disappointed.
The only reason i did not give it 5 stars is i dont like the USA is the best kinda thing like the second movie. The visiting Prime Minster in this movie gets killed off to quickly and it just displays that no other country is worth the same that is wrong we are all equal.
½ December 15, 2016
Olympus Has Fallen's timely themes and solid action scenes make for good old popcorn thrills.
December 4, 2016
My expectations of this movie were unfortunately higher than the movie. Sorry Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart but just because you have A list actors in a movie doesn't make it an A list movie. Psssst, go see White House Down, way better.
November 25, 2016
Stunning action scenes around and in the White House. A good guy movie.
½ November 24, 2016
11/21/2016: A very entertaining action movie! Butler plays a great former military badass (aka Rambo)!
November 22, 2016
A really good moral in this story; fight for your country to the death, & you shall be rewarded. Don't ever give up.
November 19, 2016
This movie will keep you on the edge of your seat. Gerard Butler is one tough cookie. President should always have someone by his side like this character.
½ November 12, 2016
More boring ''patriotic'' propaganda...
November 7, 2016
This is a dire film so full of holes and rubbish its embrassing
October 22, 2016
I loved this movie! Action packed and suspenseful. And I never hate seeing Gerard Butler.
½ October 5, 2016
Intense and gripping action, edge of your seat entertainment!
September 26, 2016
This is a guilty pleasure movie for me. I have to admit that I love this movie and I love to watch it regularly, but to review it and be honest in my review, I have to say it's a predictable, loud, violent clichéd action movie. It does have a strong performance by Gerard Butler in which he makes it fun to watch. Oscar material, NO, but FAR better than the trash we usually see Butler in, (Bounty Hunter, Playing for Keeps and Gods of Egypt) I love this movie for the mindlessness that it is
September 5, 2016
Generic B film should've been a star making performance for Gerard Butler
August 14, 2016
It might win in the action front at times but the predictability and implausibility of this film cannot be unseen. Olympus Has Fallen was ready to takeoff numerous time but its far-fetched approach kept it grounded all the time.
August 13, 2016
very well made and lots of fun.
August 7, 2016
great action movie. great lines. similar feel to die hard.