Olympus Has Fallen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Olympus Has Fallen Reviews

½ March 9, 2017
A very good plot about taking over the White House. Alot of action. It is kind of a dark action movie. It is a really great movie to be honest
½ March 4, 2017
The plot and character development is average due to relying often on cliches to make up for those 2 film components, but the film's extremely angry and violent tone and killing scenes are epic. Overall, it's an amazing, superior bloody fight-to-the-death video, but only a slightly better than average cinematic experience.
½ March 4, 2017
Allora, tutti gli elementi per un film action divertente ci sono, però quello che mi ha dato un po' fastidio sono state le eccessive semplificazioni.
Le modalità con le quali viene presa la casa bianca sono troppo inverosimili per i miei gusti e preferisco di gran lunga un approccio alla " White House Down" se vogliamo avere un riferimento similare.

Se si è consci di questo, lo si può anche guardare senza subire troppi traumi.
½ March 4, 2017

Se si è consci di questo, lo si può anche guardare senza subire troppi traumi.
½ February 28, 2017
Can't remember was this supposed to be the good 'White House gets blown up movie' or not? If it is, well it's not very good sorry. If you've seen '24' and I mean '24' long after it had given up any pretence about being a serious drama well then you've seen this movie. I'm sorry give me Jack Bauer over Gerard Butler any day of the week. Mindless popcorn stuff, if that's what you're after (and when you're feeling poorly I kind of was) this will probably just about do.
½ February 15, 2017
As a pure action movie it isn't too bad. This could've been Die Hard in the White House, just add Bruce Willis and more jokes. My problem with the movie is that when you see movies like 13 Hours and American Sniper you see how silly a movie like this is and unreal. The fact is the plane that attacked the White House would never get that close in a post 9/11 world. Overall a good action movie, but just didn't buy how the terrorists took over the White House and how the nuclear codes are controlled. I did like that they killed off Ashley Judd after just 5 minutes. That earned a half star. LOL
½ February 10, 2017
The acting is pretty good but the overall story is badly written and unrealistic even for an action movie.
February 3, 2017
Decent action, horrible VFX, illogical.
February 2, 2017
I don't really understand where the poor critic consensus comes from. As far as I'm concerned, this movie deserves a spot next to Die Hard and Air Force One for some of the best close quarters high tension suspense. Yeah there are a few problems like some weak CGI, or a few odd tactical choices, but otherwise I think the movie more than makes up for those faults in the great suspense and action, and a scenario that actually feels believable. While White House Down did a great job at recreating the White House in their sets, they sacrificed realism in the script. That's certainly okay as that movie was more of a comedy anyway, but it's nice to see a movie that feels realistic in this type of situation, and when it counted, Olympus Has Fallen still had quite impressive set design, especially in the exterior scenes, but also in some of the more prominent interior scenes such as the Entrance Hall and Residence.

Personal Grade: S
Technical Score: 73%
½ January 27, 2017
Very entertaining. Good action.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 28, 2016
The beginning was a little over done. Loved it in the end.
December 24, 2016
How on earth this tripe has been currently accepted by the majority of audiences as being an above average action flick is beyond me. I honestly thought that the critics might have been wrong on this one, but nope, they were dead right. Some of the action sequences are alright and are by far the strongest element of this lame one man against all the odds film, or what has been insultingly dubbed 'Die Hard in the White House' - ha yeah right, okay!

The script is by and large utter drivel, and without spoiling anything, there were far too many aspects of the plot and the decisions certain characters made - notably that of the president and his high command regarding individual launch codes - that went beyond the suspension of disbelief and thus couldn't take seriously.

Even the fairly recent 'Battle Los Angeles', also starring Aaron Eckhart, was far more enjoyable and sensible than this guff. Shame, as I did try with all my might to like this one. 2/5
December 17, 2016
Olympus Has Fallen is a movie the first part to the London has Fallen series. The attack in the first movie comes from a Terrorist from North Korea. I found the movie to be non stop action which is great but it was really a dark movie as in the video was very dark as the movie was mostly shot at night and the video was not clear.
The movie is a non stop roller coaster ride for 2 hours.
Totally worth it though. The Phantom of the Opera is in the movie and he really makes the bad guys hit the high notes.
The cast is awesome and you should watch this before you watch London Has Fallen as they both do link together.
This movie is made by the director of Traning Day. Top Self.
Not suitable for the kiddies.
Give it ago you will not be disappointed.
The only reason i did not give it 5 stars is i dont like the USA is the best kinda thing like the second movie. The visiting Prime Minster in this movie gets killed off to quickly and it just displays that no other country is worth the same that is wrong we are all equal.
½ December 15, 2016
Olympus Has Fallen's timely themes and solid action scenes make for good old popcorn thrills.
December 4, 2016
My expectations of this movie were unfortunately higher than the movie. Sorry Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart but just because you have A list actors in a movie doesn't make it an A list movie. Psssst, go see White House Down, way better.
November 25, 2016
Stunning action scenes around and in the White House. A good guy movie.
½ November 24, 2016
11/21/2016: A very entertaining action movie! Butler plays a great former military badass (aka Rambo)!
November 22, 2016
A really good moral in this story; fight for your country to the death, & you shall be rewarded. Don't ever give up.
November 19, 2016
This movie will keep you on the edge of your seat. Gerard Butler is one tough cookie. President should always have someone by his side like this character.