Olympus Has Fallen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Olympus Has Fallen Reviews

November 25, 2016
Stunning action scenes around and in the White House. A good guy movie.
½ November 24, 2016
11/21/2016: A very entertaining action movie! Butler plays a great former military badass (aka Rambo)!
November 22, 2016
A really good moral in this story; fight for your country to the death, & you shall be rewarded. Don't ever give up.
November 19, 2016
This movie will keep you on the edge of your seat. Gerard Butler is one tough cookie. President should always have someone by his side like this character.
½ November 15, 2016
The plot and character development is average due to relying often on cliches to make up for those 2 film components, but the film's extremely angry and violent tone and killing scenes are epic. Overall, it's an amazing, superior bloody fight-to-the-death video, but only a slightly better than average cinematic experience.
½ November 12, 2016
More boring ''patriotic'' propaganda...
November 7, 2016
This is a dire film so full of holes and rubbish its embrassing
October 22, 2016
I loved this movie! Action packed and suspenseful. And I never hate seeing Gerard Butler.
½ October 5, 2016
Intense and gripping action, edge of your seat entertainment!
September 26, 2016
This is a guilty pleasure movie for me. I have to admit that I love this movie and I love to watch it regularly, but to review it and be honest in my review, I have to say it's a predictable, loud, violent clichéd action movie. It does have a strong performance by Gerard Butler in which he makes it fun to watch. Oscar material, NO, but FAR better than the trash we usually see Butler in, (Bounty Hunter, Playing for Keeps and Gods of Egypt) I love this movie for the mindlessness that it is
September 5, 2016
Generic B film should've been a star making performance for Gerard Butler
August 14, 2016
It might win in the action front at times but the predictability and implausibility of this film cannot be unseen. Olympus Has Fallen was ready to takeoff numerous time but its far-fetched approach kept it grounded all the time.
August 13, 2016
very well made and lots of fun.
August 7, 2016
great action movie. great lines. similar feel to die hard.
August 6, 2016
Olympus Has Fallen deliberately fails in making any aspect of itself serious and realistic. What it accidentally succeeds on, however, is simply being entertaining.
½ August 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie. Not the best action movie and certainly won't win any Oscars but a great movie with really nothing to complain about. It had action but not too much it through in comedy but not too much and well acted. Best movie out right now
August 4, 2016
Lame. Tries to be Die Hard but amps the absurdity up. Die Hard's whole thing was its grittily realistic approach. This involves a massive North Korean terrorist group taking out the White House after shooting down the only two airplanes in the US airforce. With machine guns. Because they fly on both sides of an enemy plane about thirty feet away. In the middle of DC. Brilliant. And then there's some fuss about nuclear launch codes and the like. Blah blah blah. Seen it all a million times. Which is a shame really because Butler's actually really good in the everyman role. But like everyone else he's never really utilized to his full potential.

The film also features an excess of astonishingly bad CGI. Like Lifetime movie bad. Dunno why they couldn't afford better.
August 2, 2016
I don't know whether it's because I've somehow ended up seeing this movie four times now- and have enjoyed it even more with each successive viewing- but Olympus Has Fallen is everything you would like from a movie like this; cheesy action and a heroic protagonist .
Verdict: B+
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Gerard Butler is back to what he should be doing in his best film since Law Abiding Citizen, This film is allot like the first Die Hard just set in The White House, The film itself is great, Some nice kills, Brilliant action scenes, The effects were pretty good, Lots of explosions and funny one liners that work well, My only problem was that most of the film was very dark which spoilt some scenes but it's a must watch for any action fans.
July 30, 2016
How on earth this tripe has been currently accepted by the majority of audiences as being an above average action flick is beyond me. I honestly thought that the critics might have been wrong on this one, but nope, they were dead right. Some of the action sequences are alright and are by far the strongest element of this lame one man against all the odds (or what has been insultingly dubbed 'Die Hard in the White House' - ha yeah right, okay) and even those are quite bland.

The script is by and large utter drivel, and without spoiling anything, there were far too many aspects to the plot and the decisions certain characters made - notably that of the president and his high command - that beggared belief and which I couldn't take seriously.

Even the fairly recent 'Battle Los Angeles', also starring Aaron Eckhart, was far more enjoyable and sensible than this guff. Shame, as I did try with all my might to like this one. 2/5