One Night in Miami Reviews

• 6d ago

The movie 'One Night In Miami' was absolutely riveting. A must-see. The concept alone was intriguing. What might this amazing group of men, Malcolm X, Sam Cooke, Jim Brown, and Cassius Clay (Muhammed Ali) with such diverse talents be discussing during one of the most turbulent and transformative times in our nation's history? From the very beginning of the movie, the genre of music captured your attention and set the mood for the conversations to come. The dialog exchanged between the men was profound. The moments of engagement between them captured the deep and personal internal struggle for each player, forced to examine their 'Role' in impacting change in the racial disparities and socially charged atmosphere all around them. The vulnerability of these men was crushing, when you understood the weight of their self-reflection. I sobbed in the knowledge of what that responsibility meant for each man, more specifically Malcolm X who suffered the ultimate sacrifice. Taking a stand against racial inequality, and social injustice in the heat of the struggle, or even abandoning socially accepted norms is a complicated decision. Decades later, witnessing the cross-pollination of those same struggles of the sixties, is jarring. Bravo to Director, Regina King. She did an exceptional job of directing a powerfully moving movie, and she invited us to 'See' the human layers of each of these iconic individuals. Masterful performances by all. To the writer of this screenplay, Kemp Powers, thank you! It is the ultimate conversation starter for such a time as this, inspiring an opportunity for each Citizen to ask, what is my role? Stay for the music all the way through the end of the credits. It perfectly pulls all of the emotions of the moment together. #SisterhoodCinemaEssentials

• Jan 13, 2021

One of my favorite movies of the year. Could not have come at a more perfect time. Fascinating!

• Jan 12, 2021

What a powerful movie. Regina King did such a great job at directing and the film looked beautiful. The subject matter was incredibly interesting and couldn't have come at a better time. I was glued to the screen. I smell an Oscar nom for many of the people behind this well crafted film.

• Jan 12, 2021

Incredibly boring after the first half an hour.

Incredibly boring after the first half an hour.

• Bill Fronczak
    Jan 11, 2021

Great movie, great its wonderful acting and directing by Regina King. Timeless topic!

• kaleem

powerful and relevant.

powerful and relevant.

• Marcus J. Bell
    Jan 10, 2021

Same shit different times. Still a great movie though!!!

Same shit different times. Still a great movie though!!!

• Karen
    Jan 10, 2021

Great movie. For a directorial debut Regina King rose to the challenge and then soared above. This movie was interesting from beginning to end. How she managed to intertwine all the characters stories and still no one outshines the other. Brilliant. Can't wait for her next movie. if she's this good just starting I think she will be onstage at the Oscars receiving Best Director in no time. I absolutely loved the movie.

• MDB
    Jan 10, 2021

Well acted. Story line a little bit scattered. Good directorial debut by Regina King

• Samuel
    Jan 09, 2021

Brilliantly wrote, directed and cast. Powerful.

Brilliantly wrote, directed and cast. Powerful.