Oranges And Sunshine Reviews

• Aug 04, 2018

Important story tied to a fairly engrossing screenplay.

Important story tied to a fairly engrossing screenplay.

• Aug 02, 2018

História bem triste sobre crianças enviadas para outro país contra sua vontade e como uma mulher ajudou-as a reencontrar suas origens. O filme tem alguns momentos bem clichês e outros um tanto inesperados que causaram uma certa surpresa positiva.

• Feb 19, 2017

When humans don't act human.

When humans don't act human.

• Feb 18, 2017

I'd never heard about this human abuse until I watched this movie. So sad to think of all the destroyed families and the horrific abuse of the children. This is recent abuse in two "modern" countries, not abuse in some 3rd world country.

• Nov 23, 2016

Not as gritty as expected, but another great performance by Emily Mortimer and of course a worthy tale to be told

• Aug 15, 2016

Truly horrific that this was allowed to happen. 130,000 children taken. Margaret Humphreys couldn't have been played by anyone else than Emily Watson

• Jun 10, 2016

Disappointing after the book. Emily Watson gives a soft-edged portrayal of Margaret Humphreys. We didn't feel her struggle, her fight against the authorities. Overall it lacks passion.

• Apr 23, 2016

Quite boring. We knew already that the english empire was not above all kinds of abuses. So learning that children were used and abused to help its invasions was not too surprising. Maybe a bit shocking that they declared parents dead and children were sold, to further their invasions. But really, do the englishes have it so hard? If they do, they sure make everybody else pay real good. As it should. It's the english way.

• Apr 23, 2016

• Feb 28, 2016

Excellent performances by the cast with an exceptionally moving performance by Emily Watson, anchoring the film as it ricochettes between two nations at opposite ends of the globe. Very restrained approach by Ken Loam with the plethora of social justice source material.