The Passion of the Christ Reviews

• 4d ago

I liked how all the actors spoke the ancient language that was appropriate for the time. Sure, it's bloody like apocalyptic, but regardless of whether or not you think Jesus was an historical figure, Roman Crucifixion was definitely a reality, that history books do no do just to the evil sadistic brutality of. Sometimes you need to see something like this to realize how good we have it today in most of the world (unless you are unfortunate enough to live in KSA.)

• Sep 10, 2019

Note that the star review and opinion is based off of my thoughts on the quality of the movie and doesn't represent what I think of Jesus Christ. But we're not here to hotly debate religion, we're here to review a controversial movie, so review it, I shall. The Passion of the Christ doesn't let down on the more grisly imagery when it comes to depicting Jesus' crucifixion. And it is absolutely heartbreaking to witness, especially since there were times when Jim Caviezel actually was getting hurt - when he wasn't caked in makeup or replaced by an animatronic so realistic it fooled people who were on the set, that is - and makes his resurrection (without bringing up specific religions, a round of booing from the three people who don't know that the Bible was the best-selling book) all the more effective. Yet, the nightmarish brutality of the crucifixion reaches a point where it ends up becoming borderline unintentional black comedy. Crucifixion is no laughing matter but if you're used to this type of violence, chances are you won't care much about all the merciless gory imagery. Pity the children who were taken to see this movie, who were only used to the more quick and painless deaths of more family-friendly adaptations up until this point and since then, are rather wary of watching anything directed by Mel Gibson. If you want to see what all the fuss is about but don't want to witness roughly 2 hours of Jesus getting tortured, then you'd be better off watching a review of the movie on YouTube, even if it has mock subtitles. It'll capture the experience of watching the full movie yet still successfully manage to compress the film into half-an-hour or less. All within copyright-friendly customs, of course. Honestly, some of my more recent reviews have been glorified commericals for online reviewers.

• Sep 05, 2019

Classic for the ages, even after I'm done on this earth. I recommend for every area, cinematography, Direction and Story. just Perfect.

• Aug 19, 2019

A masterpiece from frame to frame.

A masterpiece from frame to frame.

• Aug 17, 2019

It is very good movie it little emotional.

It is very good movie it little emotional.

• Aug 04, 2019

Shows the reality and brutality of the crucifixion that Jesus went through. A key tenet of the Christian faith.

• Aug 03, 2019

Nice one, realistic, detailed, now I understand better about Jesus

Nice one, realistic, detailed, now I understand better about Jesus

• Jul 29, 2019

Anti-Semitic garbage from the biased view of a biblical story from an alcoholic has been.

• Jul 08, 2019

Just want to a movie to change my life for the better.

Just want to a movie to change my life for the better.

• Jun 26, 2019

The greatest film of all time! Hallelujah! Praise Lord Jesus Christ!

The greatest film of all time! Hallelujah! Praise Lord Jesus Christ!