Phantasm: Ravager Reviews

• Jun 25, 2019

There's like half a movie worth of plot here. It should have been twice as long with a lot more explanation and all they did was make things more confusing. Zero tying of loose ends. Mishandling of them is more like it. Unnecessary cgi. And no actual universe conclusion. I don't even know how to express how bad that was. Him escaping from the lab where he was tied to the table was cool. And it was the only thing that felt like it belonged in the universe. Wrong color grading. Wrong mood. They could have kept the whole him meeting the girl in the beginning out entirely. It did nothing for the plot. No explanation of what the tall man's end game was just a "stay out of my way and let it unfold". I've been waiting 4 fucking movies for it to unfold! I am so beyond upset at how poorly this movie was handled. It's like they ignored everything they had built up to with the first 4 movies other than the tall man having taken over everything at this point. I was like okay well we have another half of movie let's see where they take things and it rolled credits. Are you kidding me? We waited years for a conclusion and story end and we got nothing resembling that. I want to throw this disc in the box set out and pretend it didn't happen.

• Jun 17, 2019

There's an interesting premise here equating insanity and dimension hopping in the same vein, with an ending that could be construed as both a bittersweet coda and a bonkers continuity (well, to those who follow this franchise, perhaps). Its kitsch is matched, and suits, its boldness in approach, and Angus Scrimm (RIP) gives possibly his best performance.

• Feb 12, 2019

I have loved the Phantasm movies since watching the first on VHS back in 88ï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)! I am probably a bit biased in my score, but this movie would have a way better score on here if the scorers seen the first 4. Since this movie had a lot of throwbacks and refrences to the series in whole...a lot of viewers probably didnï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t get or appreciate it, but left them with whatever. So this film will mainly be loved by the cult followers. So if your readings this, do yourself a favor, n watch the whole series...tho part 4 was boring, lazy writing and came out a lil b4 CGI came mainstream.

• Oct 21, 2018

Last weak episode that lost its dark side of the last 4 film,the actors are less good,very violent but the scenario remains faithful to his first philosophy,the universe is always the same.

• Sep 05, 2018

Sabía que iba a ser mala, pero no taaan mala. Es muy aburrida. Si por lo menos fuese graciosa...

• Aug 20, 2018

Stays true to it's roots. Sad ending. Doesn't steer away from the franchise's main elements and originality. A great addition to the Phantasm franchise.

• Aug 11, 2018

2/5. Ravager captures the spirit of the rest of the series, but not the quality. The CGI looks horrendously bad and the film as a whole feels incredibly cheap. Easily the worst of the series.

• Aug 09, 2018

It was so bad it felt punitive

It was so bad it felt punitive

• Jul 18, 2018

I love the Phantasm franchise but this film looks like a damn fan made film! :( The camera and special effects look cheap as f*ck! :( - Not impressed!

• Mar 04, 2018

As a long time fan of the series, I really wanted to love this movie. I wanted to give this movie 5 stars just like a black person giving Black Panther 5 stars without even seeing the movie first. That's how much I wanted to love this movie. That being said, I couldn't. It's not a bad movie if first you take into consideration that it was suppose to be Web Series and not an actual movie. This explains the very low budget feel of it. Even more low than the other movies in the series. It definitely feels like the movie was more for Fan Service than anything else. SPOILER WARNING: I really wish the movie would have ended with Reggie dying in the bed and the whole thing being in his mind. They could have moved that scene to the end after showing them riding towards the war torn city and that would have ended the series on a high note.