Pineapple Express - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pineapple Express Reviews

½ July 24, 2017
A great written and acted out action film that combines martial arts and gunfire combat well all based on the screenplay for 2 "weaklings" who get caught up between such stronger and more vicious drug dealers who enforce murder. The character Red also highly makes the film endure well through his dynamic characterization, and I found the film funny where Saul stole a police car and when Red started beating up Saul with a handheld vacuum cleaner. The main weakness of the film however was the fact the film never seems to run out of new enemies to give to the protagonists just to keep the action going even if the writers don't give those enemies any personalities or development.
½ July 19, 2017
Pretty good action funny movie starring Seth Rogan, James Franco, and Danny McBride. I always wanted to see this movie and it wasn't that special, Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg's make funny stuff, great jokes but it's not that original, it's still a hilarious movie but some jokes are stale at times and Danny McBride s character is a little bland.
July 2, 2017
Hands down dopest James Franco comedy I have ever seen, This is a must watch if you love the relationship between James Franco and Seth Rogen.
July 2, 2017
Pineapple Express stars Seth Rogen and James Franco, and there's plenty of pot for everyone involved. The jokes mostly land and the storyline is exciting enough to be of service. Most of the laughs come from the performances and chemistry of the two leads, though Gary Cole is also very funny here as well. If you're looking for a solid comedy to watch from time to time, Pineapple Express is your film
½ May 31, 2017
An excellent comedy that actually utilizes all of the tools available in film. It isn't a couple of hours of improvisation and talking heads; it uses of slow motion, visual gags, animated performances, great cinematography, and an excellent understanding of how to elicit laughs from the edit.

It's a perfect marriage of great artist (David Gordon Green), and entertaining material (Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's hilarious script).
½ May 29, 2017
Farce-like comedy can be funny sometimes, just like this one.
April 24, 2017
Very funny with lots of action
April 13, 2017
If you can forgive some lame stoner humor it is a fairly amusing comedy with some clueless guys who find themselves involved with some heavy crime. As stupid as it is, I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. (First and only viewing - 3/12/2010)
½ April 1, 2017
the worst film i've seen IN YEARS! painful! time i cannot get back.
½ March 28, 2017
Enjoyable when stoned
½ March 18, 2017
A parte qualche risata in poche scene che funzionano, da questo demenziale film sempre sopra le righe non traspira nient'altro di interessante. Il resto è stato coerente con il genere: per qualche risata con gli amici potrebbe andare più che bene ma è ben lontano dall'essere una bella commedia che può essere ricordata negli anni.
February 19, 2017
This has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I watched it as one would a slowly evolving car accident. I couldn't look away thinking it couldn't get any more idiotic and yet it did. Wow. What an embarrassment.
February 19, 2017
2/19/2017: An ok movie. Silly, but not overly funny. I was hoping for more laughs from a stoner movie.
½ February 5, 2017
Parody of the buddy comedy action flick. Some juvenile humor but it's got some clever too. Franco and Rogen are always fun to watch
January 13, 2017
I've seen funnier from this group of people
½ January 5, 2017
It's always fun with this bunch!
½ December 31, 2016
So funny. Love James Franco's character.
December 5, 2016
Funny, ultra-violent action/comedy that applies marijuana to the Hitchcock plot device of 'man stumbles into trouble'. Seth Rogan, after stopping by his connection-man (James Franco), accidentally sees a crime and while fleeing he leaves behind trace evidence that points directly to him and Franco. Wild ride of a movie is super-violent and deliberately graphic but also has lots of laughs, especially from Franco who is excellent playing against type as the supply man.
½ December 4, 2016
Loved it! Great cast and well done. Laughed out loud a lot!
½ October 9, 2016
Pineapple Express is directed by David Gordon Green, and it stars Seth Rogen, James Franco, Danny McBride, and Gary Cole in a action comedy about a process server that witnessed a murder, and he and his drug dealer are on the run from the people that murdered someone. This is the first film that I've saw that was written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, and to this day, I still find it hilarious. Seth Rogen and James Franco are really good and have a lot of funny moments together with their dialog, whether they both say something stupid, or did something that people will question how their mind works. The plot gets more ridiculous when it keeps going, but that was the intent for it, and the movie makes you wonder about where it's going with its insanity. The chemistry between Seth Rogen and Amber Heard is different from what I usually see, it addresses the problem there, and I like their funny interplay. The villains are a lot of fun to watch, and the fight scene with Seth Rogen and James Franco against Danny McBride is honestly one of the funniest fight scenes that I have seen since probably 22 Jump Street as all of them don't know how to fight at all. The writing by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg is really good in its unexpected moments, and the humor of it that I think this is the film where they know that they succeed in writing comedies. The car chase is not only entertaining to watch, but also really funny which is unpredictable in how the main characters get into this situation, and make it worse. If there's only one problem that I can think of, is that there are some moments that I felt were too stupid for me to accept it in terms of some of the characters's motivations. Other then that, Pineapple Express is a really great film that I'll give it a watch again and be entertained by it.