Plush Reviews

• Mar 01, 2015

Hardwicke hits another homer here

Hardwicke hits another homer here

• Oct 21, 2014

Welcome back penny. I liked the movie tbh.

Welcome back penny. I liked the movie tbh.

• Aug 12, 2014

Centred around Emily Browning's rock star character, without her dominant performance there would be little on show here with a very well used simmering psychopath storyline.

• Aug 10, 2014

that should have been better. glad I was doing the ironing whilst watching otherwise it would have been a waste of time.

• Jul 05, 2014

I LOVED this movie so, so much!

I LOVED this movie so, so much!

• Apr 23, 2014

Plush is a really great movie that unfortunately didn't have a lot of success. The story is well written, it's well directed and all the actors are great. It's not just a movie about a rockstar, it's a real thriller. To everybody who wants to watch a story with a great plot twist and some really well directed scenes, Plush is a must watch. 5/5 because it's a surprising movie with an amazing screenplay!

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Feb 22, 2014

Emily Browning stars in Plush, a psychological thriller from writer/director Catherine Hardwicke. In this tale of obsession the lead singer of a rock band has an affair with her lead guitarist, but when he starts to intrude on her home life she tries to end things. Browning gives a strong performance and proves to be a talented singer as well. But the story is pretty formulaic and telegraphs itself at every turn. Yet despite its unoriginality, Plush still manages to deliver some tense and suspenseful moments.

• Feb 21, 2014

A laughable attempt at being edgy. The filmmakers are clearly out of touch with reality.

• Feb 08, 2014

Something new out of the closet, something you haven't seen before. Storyline - Its dark, the first horror movie coming out with a band singing rock/metal, what makes it dark is, you can see there is hardly smiles, hardly any happiness shown in this film. its just about stress, sex, depression, I won't call this Love at all. Effects - There were some special effects, video effects were pretty good, as they show their creativity on shooting music videos. as well as singing and playing instruments. Dialogue - The characters are so uncomfortable with each other like never seen before. Emily Browning who sang in this film was great, she is a great singer. overall the acting was dark and great.

• Panta O Super Reviewer
    Jan 31, 2014

I am always open for any suggestions, and when one of my younger friends recommended this erotic thriller directed by Catherine Hardwicke and co-written by Arty Nelson with music by Nick Launay & Ming Vauze, I thought I'll give it a go. Especially when I saw that the film stars Emily Browning, and Xavier Samuel... Cam Gigandet, Dawn Olivieri, Thomas Dekker, and Frances Fisher were less important for the decision to watch it. The beginning of the movie looked promising with the excellent photography and very strong music back up... but very soon I understood that was the best part of the film! Brother - sister singing combination was great until the brother died from overdose. After losing him, rising rock star Hayley finds herself in a downward spiral. The second album from her band Plush is disastrous and had nothing good written about it by the critics. Of course, there is a new guy and she finds new hope and friendship in Enzo, the replacement guitarist who inspires her to reach new creative heights. Sadly, their collaboration crosses the line sexually and Hayley, who is married with two children, tries to retreat from Enzo's advances. Because of that, Hayley will soon discovers Enzo's dark and troubled history... it was almost too late when she realizes she may have let a madman into her home and that her mistake may cost the lives of people closest to her. What I think about this movie after watching it? I wish, I could do something better with my time. I do not think that anyone involved in this movie was committed fully and followed through with the courage of its convictions, with, maybe, exception of the director of photography Daniel Moder. It was watchable, but the twists were quite annoying and didn't leave any impression. No feelings, no passion, no real skill for story detailing... on the other hand, the details of the cinematography were overwhelming, so the story and the cinematography were in odds most of the time. Watch only if you run out of movies and there is a long night ahead!